Cardinals at Niners gameday thread 11-17-19

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
they are going score 9 points in under a minute?

My bad...I thought we were up 8.

Luckily the 49ers are playing just as dumb as we are. Holding penalty takes away a TD....otherwise you better believe they would have gone for 2.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Completely false.

They actually played really solid defense in the first quarter, and they weren't trying to jump every snap.

The best defenses in the NFL are not the most talented, they are the most fundamentally sound, and they are the ones that don't make mistakes.

I would take 11 no-names that played smart football and didn't make mistakes any day. We would probably have 2-3 more wins with smart, less talented no-names.
I don’t think our D could handle less talent. Our front 7 is full of back ups or has beens. If you replaced them with less talent our record would be worse. And that’s with an already terrible D.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
We’re up, but all of the momentum seems to be with SF right now
I would be more concerned if they had the running game going and we're smashing it down the field. It's mostly been an offense of busted plays and penalties against AZ, so clean that ish up and take it home.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My bad...I thought we were up 8.

Luckily the 49ers are playing just as dumb as we are. Holding penalty takes away a TD....otherwise you better believe they would have gone for 2.

They would have never gone for two there.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just so pissed about the Kirk plays. It cost 10 to 14 points. C'mon man we're counting on to be a #1 after Fitz retires (heck...right now!) and you're not showing that consistency.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Atleast not getting blown out yet...

Big test to see how def reacts on 49ers 1st possession in 2nd half

Go cards

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Just so pissed about the Kirk plays. It cost 10 to 14 points. C'mon man we're counting on to be a #1 after Fitz retires (heck...right now!) and you're not showing that consistency.

Going to have to draft a wide receiver early again. Can’t go into next season with this group if Fitzgerald retires

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don’t think our D could handle less talent. Our front 7 is full of back ups or has beens. If you replaced them with less talent our record would be worse. And that’s with an already terrible D.

I disagree. We are the 2nd most penalized defense in the league, only behind the Browns....who are more talented than we are, but play stupid football.

We had 84 penalites in 10 games coming into today....and we have been competitive in 9 games. Cut that number of penalties in 1/2 and I bet we have at least 2 more wins.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s also drawn 3 PI calls and leading our team in receiving at half.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mr Sliding Sack spent the entire 49er drive talking to him after that miss per Wolfley. Called it incredible leadership for a rookie. You think we are mad? Kirk is furious and down on himself and Murray is just telling him there will be more opportunities, forget about, ect...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Well if you would have told me we would be winning 16-10 at halftime I would take it.

I hope We are not going to be looking back on the Kirk drop.

How could we not. The ball hit him in the face and it is a close game. A cautionary warning about him being our future

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well if you would have told me we would be winning 16-10 at halftime I would take it.

I hope We are not going to be looking back on the Kirk drop.

We should be, that was a touchdown he dropped.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How could we not. The ball hit him in the face and it is a close game. A cautionary warning about him being our future
Kirk makes this team better. Not down on the kid but many times a player will drop a ball but it doesn’t hurt the team. If we go on to win we will not be talking about the drop. Well, maybe you will.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
first half was okay, our D got worse as the game continued and our O had some bad drops to stop the run, with that kirk drop and the missed XP... we left some points on the field.

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
I disagree. We are the 2nd most penalized defense in the league, only behind the Browns....who are more talented than we are, but play stupid football.

We had 84 penalites in 10 games coming into today....and we have been competitive in 9 games. Cut that number of penalties in 1/2 and I bet we have at least 2 more wins.

Can be a little bit of both. The defense The Lacs athleticism and talent in some spots and is downright stupid/Undisciplined?