Maxx Williams extended

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
good signing....the dude earned his extension.

hopet Hump signed....there will be nobody better in FA and he is solid when he is on the field.
then we can go DLine in the draft and maybe get a guard or RT in the second round.

I have to think this is the plan

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Lol. Clearly you have no idea how pro sports works. This is Hump’s one chance to create generational wealth. He’s not taking a discount.

He could take a less than an exuberant contract with the way the salaries have escalated now and still have generational wealth as a Cardinal lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He could take a less than an exuberant contract with the way the salaries have escalated now and still have generational wealth as a Cardinal lol
Meh. He doesn’t deserve to be paid as the best OT in football, but if he can stay healthy for 6 more games he’ll be paid as one.

I mean, on the open market he’d get paid like $15 million a season. The difference we’re taking about is between $14 (which is around market) and $10, which would be a meaningful hometown discount but he’d be foolish to take.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Yeah, but a exuberant contract creates even more generational wealth. It will come down to who offers the most guaranteed money.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Lol. This take is extremely spicy. Williams has been worse in his first 10 or so games than Germaine Gresham was in his, and about as good as Darren Fells in his last 10 games as a Card.

this signing is fine; you don’t want to replace 60% of your roster every offseason.
I'd say slightly better then Gresham, same production from almost half the targets and significantly less snaps, 276 to 407, and better then Fells, snaps 276 to 213. Hard to quantify who has been the better blocker though.

Williams first 10 games 13 targets 11-139-1TD ($805k Salary)
Gresham First 10 games 23 tgs 11-160-1td ($3.1 million in 2015,)
Fells Last 10 games 9tgs 6-107-0 ($600k 2016)

Last edited:

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Very strong blocker, so I like this signing. However, we need a more athletic threat at TE to pair with Maxx. Basically what Clay used to be, and not his old version that immediately falls down when catching a pass with nobody near him. The 7th round pick Wilson was supposed to be that, but I guess he fell to the 7th for a reason, given that he couldn't beat out some really underwhelming competition (Clay, Daniels).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Lol. This take is extremely spicy. Williams has been worse in his first 10 or so games than Germaine Gresham was in his, and about as good as Darren Fells in his last 10 games as a Card.

this signing is fine; you don’t want to replace 60% of your roster every offseason.
Everything this

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Very good blocker, and can catch MOST simple passes.

Guy gets wide open for a reason.

Only problem with this signing is the timing as he could not have had a worse play happen before signing tjis extension.

For an offense that "don't need no tight end" it is good to see that this offense evovled to require an Anthony Becht type player.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m happy with this. He has proven solid if not spectacular and he has add a couple of pretty tough catches.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And missed a pretty simple open pass.

But, since most on here seem to be happy with the signing, so am I. :shades:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Very good blocker, and can catch MOST simple passes.

Guy gets wide open for a reason.

Only problem with this signing is the timing as he could not have had a worse play happen before signing tjis extension.

For an offense that "don't need no tight end" it is good to see that this offense evovled to require an Anthony Becht type player.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy
I like the timing actually. One bad play does not make a bad player. Believing in your players and keeping perspective is what endears coaches to NFL players. Despite the sun ball, Maxx has earned this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Like the extension. Finally an extension that’s not while a player is injured.

a Shipley extension? Meh.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would we extend Shipley?

He is below average. Gets pushed back in pass blocking and very little push on run plays.

Definitely replaceable.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose