Cardinals to Attend Kaepernick Workout

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JG, a lot of that was because people just refused to see anything other than a petulant black man kneeling during the anthem. I prefer to listen to a person's reason for protest rather than judge on face value. For him to be called a POS is ridiculous. Dislike him all you want but the hatred and vitriol he got at that level scared me as a black man in this country.
What does him being a piece of poo have to do with him having a tinge of knowledge as to what it’s like being a black man in America lol?

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goes to show you - I was thinking just the opposite.

Whether or not you agree with Kaep, this deal,walks, talks and quacks like a lose-lose proposition likely to present a distraction in the development of a young QB and the installation of a new system and culture.

It's one thing to accidently back into a disruptive situation but another to deliberately stick your hand in a hornets nest.

I'd respectfully pass.
I guess we all know the Raiders will sign him then

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we feel we have our true QBOTF why even bother sending someone to look at a player who is on record saying he wont be a backup?

Also, the Cards want no part of the kneeling for the anthem drama.

Just a waste of time and/or a slap in Kyler's face to even feign interest in Kaep.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If we feel we have our true QBOTF why even bother sending someone to look at a player who is on record saying he wont be a backup?

Just a waste of time and/or a slap in Kyler's face to even feign interest in Kaep.
It’s a slap in Kyler’s face to go take a look at a potential backup? I imagine Kyler isn’t so fragile as to let that bother him.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a slap in Kyler’s face to go take a look at a potential backup? I imagine Kyler isn’t so fragile as to let that bother him.

Did you even read my post? I said Kaep is on record not wanting a backup role. :shrug:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Did you even read my post? I said Kaep is on record not wanting a backup role. :shrug:
Doesn’t mean that isn’t what we are getting a look for. Just because he was on record at one point of not wanting to be a backup doesn’t mean he wouldn’t accept that role if no one is giving him a chance at starting.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t mean that isn’t what we are getting a look for. Just because he was on record at one point of not wanting to be a backup doesn’t mean he wouldn’t accept that role if no one is giving him a chance at starting.

Meh. Still a huge waste of time. Our backup QB is already much better than Kaep.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I am pretty sure it was a NFL mandate for some teams to agree to show up for PR reasons

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it was a NFL mandate for some teams to agree to show up for PR reasons

Probably true. Only thing that makes sense. Our team/ownership would never bring him in unless he agreed to show pride in our flag so it's all moot anyway.

Reaction score
If I used my employers platform to protest, I would not be an employee very long.

In the game, pre game the same thing, off the field it's his own business and I can see his point

You don't work for the NFL as a player so you really can't compare the 2 situations.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The circus is on a live stream now:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wait, he didn't show up? WTF?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

I mean the post above this is a live video of him doing the workout. Or at least "a" workout.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

No...they moved the workout to a different location because the NFL was pulling some shenanigans, regarding medical release. Apparently, the one they have Kaep to sign also included some language indicating an employment agreement, instead of typical medical waiver. The NFL has just been trying to CYA from the beginning. You can read Kaeps statement from earlier today, regarding the move.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Because the NFL was trying to pull a fast one. Bunch of phonies:

That’s the inescapable conclusion from the assertion, as made by Kaepernick’s lawyer and Kaepernick’s agent, that the NFL demanded that he sign a broad waiver, including a waiver of potential employment claims.

Let that one sink in. The league, under the guise of acting out of the goodness of its own heart and/or to assuage the guilt of 32 months of Kaepernick being wrongfully denied an opportunity, set up a workout for all teams (even though any team could work him out at any time) and then, as he showed up for it, asked him to sign a waiver that not only protected the league and the Falcons against a torn ACL or some other injury that could have happened during the workout but also exonerated the league of any and all responsibility for the violations of his rights that may have (have) occurred since he grievance was settled in February.

As a source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT, when Kaepernick’s camp suggested a standard injury waiver that didn’t sweep broadly to absolve the NFL from its ongoing violation of his rights, league representatives said that the proposed release had been drafted by NFL general counsel Jeff Pash, and that Pash wanted his release to be signed.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...d-to-put-colin-kaepernick-in-legal-checkmate/

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Part of me wants to see Kaepernick signed just to witness the emotional outbursts from his detractors & see how many people follow through on their threats to boycott their teams

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave