OT: Myles Garrett needs to be suspended for the rest of the season

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No doubt. Not sure that I despise any team more than I do the Steelers. And that would include any team in any sport throughout the history of sports.
I have many teams in college basketball & football I hate. MLB & the NBA. NFL............? Never have liked the Steelers, hated the Cowboys when we were in the NFC east. The team I hate the most is the Seattle "Shehawks". Omg, Richard Sherman made me hate that team so bad & he doesn't even play for them now lol. Not to mention our trip out there in September for the Carson Palmer ROH game, seeing all those stupid looking navy blue & glow worm condom green jerseys in our stadium. Made me sick.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Using the helmet as a weapon requires automatic ejection. The NFL doesn’t make penalties for things that haven’t happened before. Also pro sports have penalties that require automatic suspensions as well as ejections. This action doesn’t. This clearly was egregious. Also Garret has had issues previously. So a suspension is a responsible reaction. That said I think arrests or lifetime bans are an excessive reactions. I too have reviewed the film. Garret had the helmet in his hand and was being held when Rudolph came at him. I think he responded without pre-meditation. I sit him for the rest of the year. He’s actually a smart guy and I’d expect him to modify his future behavior.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rudolph not taking responsibility for his own actions in which he started shows how much of man he is, or lack there of. It’s so damn bitchmade. Kicked the man in his nuts, tried to rip his helmet off, then chased him when Myles was backing off but gets to play the victim when Myles swung is ducking disgusting but since he is white and a qb, then he can relish in his victim mode like the bitch he is. Yeah I said, go ahead and quote me and argue it.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Using the helmet as a weapon requires automatic ejection. The NFL doesn’t make penalties for things that haven’t happened before. Also pro sports have penalties that require automatic suspensions as well as ejections. This action doesn’t. This clearly was egregious. Also Garret has had issues previously. So a suspension is a responsible reaction. That said I think arrests or lifetime bans are an excessive reactions. I too have reviewed the film. Garret had the helmet in his hand and was being held when Rudolph came at him. I think he responded without pre-meditation. I sit him for the rest of the year. He’s actually a smart guy and I’d expect him to modify his future behavior.
And yet no punishment for Mason who started the altercation?? :rolleyes:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, no suspension, maybe? Talk is is about a 30 something thousands $fine for his first offense.
Read here or heard tv(?) that indefinite is not allowed for an in game infraction? Per the CBA.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea he did what Rudolph tried to do to him, that success cost him the season - but Garrett went to far - it’s not ok

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brown's just may lead the league in "*******" . STHU.

Browns player on Mason Rudolph's role in fight with Myles Garrett: He asked for it

Browns DL Sheldon Richardson, however, decided to weigh in on Thursday's fight on Monday, saying that Rudolph should be disciplined by the league for his role in the fight. Rudolph and Garrett engaged in a heated altercation before Garrett hit Rudolph in the head with Rudolph's helmet.

Richardson, via USA Today, said that Rudolph "can't antagonize a fight and then claim bullying. … You get what's coming to you. He was protecting himself. I don't blame him. Guy keeps rushing me, even with the helmet off, he's asking for it. Just leave it at that."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-in-fight-with-myles-garrett-he-asked-for-it/

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If he comes with the extenuating of the racial slur and its not true I would extend the suspension

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The time worn excuse/apology when someone commits an egregious act seems to be accompanied by " that is not who I am ". Maybe it is. If this "racial slur" accusation/denial comes down on either side to be true/false someone is precisely who they are. Too many witnesses from both sides for this to go unnoticed by those witnesses. Someone else heard it or no one else heard it.

P S. What was the racial slur? Don't be ambiguous.

P S S. Mason Rudolph's latest P R statement was one of the most scrubbed up jobs ever. Seemed as if Rudolph was taking 100 % blame. :doi:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on now this is the first anyone has heard of it… He made that poo up… What the hell else is he going to say in andappeal hearing they would even give him a shot?

Was never mentioned brought up or heard of until his appeal hearing? Come on shady as hell

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
They should add 10 more games for that ridiculous accusation. It’s not enough that Garrett tried to smash his skull but now he’s trying to paint him as a racist in hopes of gaining sympathy.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A guy who committed a violent act that could have killed a player on the field gets a suspension equal to a guy who test positive for marijuana twice. And, at the same time, the NFL pushes for tryouts for a player who wears socks depicting police as pigs and raises money for family’s of people who kill police. League needs new management. They have lost control

At the very least, please keep this nonsense in the Kaepernick thread. Geez...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Lying about racism is much worse than any racial slur.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tawana Brawley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still not sure how you convincing me.... Accusing someone of rape is worse than rape itself?
Accusing someone of murder, is worse than murder?