ASU @ Oregon State 11-16-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Sun Devils (5-4) play at Oregon State University (4-5) on Saturday as they continue their efforts to become bowl eligible.

Jayden Daniels is slated to start at quarterback.

A key to the game is getting a pass rush on the OSU quarterback, something the Devils have not been good at doing.

Game time is 5:30 p.m. Arizona time.

It will be televised on Fox Sports 1.

Go Sun Devils!

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It looks like it'll be a cold and dreary night but hopefully no rain. I heard JD has a partially torn ACL. It'd be nice to get bowl eligible, but if there is any chance of nowm serious long term damage I'd rather see him shut down for next year.

As I type that I remember Yellen has a shoulder injury. Maybe just run the Captain out of the Sparky package all night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like it'll be a cold and dreary night but hopefully no rain. I heard JD has a partially torn ACL. It'd be nice to get bowl eligible, but if there is any chance of nowm serious long term damage I'd rather see him shut down for next year.

As I type that I remember Yellen has a shoulder injury. Maybe just run the Captain out of the Sparky package all night.

I hadn't heard about the possibility of a partially torn ACL. If both quarterbacks are jeopardized by playing they should sit. A chance at winning is not worth it.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hadn't heard about the possibility of a partially torn ACL. If both quarterbacks are jeopardized by playing they should sit. A chance at winning is not worth it.
Let me add I have nothing concrete to add if for sure the injury is a partially torn ACL. A couple of friends that work at the U said that's what they heard, but nothing confirmed. Being positive in Herm I Trust to not put JD in harm's way.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Particularly as this is now a sunk season. In, unfortunately, typical sun devil fashion.

At this point it looks like the Devils don't deserve a bowl game unless they miraculously turn it around and win out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me add I have nothing concrete to add if for sure the injury is a partially torn ACL. A couple of friends that work at the U said that's what they heard, but nothing confirmed. Being positive in Herm I Trust to not put JD in harm's way.

I definitely believe Herm Edwards would not put a players health in jeopardy so let's hope it is just a unfounded rumor.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have avoided using "must win" with this team but this is simply a must win game. You cannot get to the point where the UA game decides bowl eligibility.

I have been supportive of the Herm hire but now we have two straight seasons where they started strong and have faltered. I understand this is a really going team but at some point those youngsters have to win games.

I was really high on Danny running the defense but this defense looks atrocious when games start. That cannot happen. I really don't think we need to be concerned about him being hire as HC any time soon. We do need to be concerned about the slow start of his defense week after week.

Oregon State is no longer a pushover. Better come ready to play.

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point it looks like the Devils don't deserve a bowl game unless they miraculously turn it around and win out.

Only need to win one and they will go bowling. The benefit with a bowl game and a young team is the extra practices.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Weather waaaaay better than last time ASU played at Oregon State.
I am in Medford which is south of Corvallis but I'm looking outside and nothing but blue skies and sunshine.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oregon State coming out throwing is not a big surprise.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
And Devils with the touchdown. It looks like they might be able to run the ball today.

Eno has over 300 yards on the ground last year against the Beavers... I would hope Herm would want to at least try to ride that horse again!
Daniels freshmanish shows up quite a bit. He’s essentially a one-read QB.
Just give the ball to Eno and BLOCK!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man has our defense completely cratered... Wow!

The pass defense is especially not there. OSU has scored two touchdowns on passes to the same corner of the endzone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devils are running the ball so good right now.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On that long pass to Darby for the touchdown I lost the ball and thought it was intercepted.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aiyuk takes punt and returns it for a touchdown.

Game tied 21-21.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devils back in the game (trail 35-28) but they need to play defense to have a chance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's perplexing the number of dumb plays the Devils have made in the 4th quarter.