B-Train on losing the Super Bowl

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’m not exaggerating when I say that it was one of the worst days of my life. I threw up in a bucket out of pure excitement at the NFC Championship game when we won, and firmly believed we were going to shock the world.

I still have nightmares about it. It was the beginning of the worst, most depressing year of my life, where I ended up briefly homeless.

Santonio Holmes is my mortal enemy.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not exaggerating when I say that it was one of the worst days of my life. I threw up in a bucket out of pure excitement at the NFC Championship game when we won, and firmly believed we were going to shock the world.

I still have nightmares about it. It was the beginning of the worst, most depressing year of my life, where I ended up briefly homeless.

Sorry to hear about you being homeless bro, even for a brief period. After the NFC championship game, I was so pumped, watched it at a sports bar here in Louisville with a bunch of Steelers fans. They were rooting for us BTW, guess they figured playing us gave them a better shot? I had a big SB party at my party room above the garage, lots of food & every kind of alcohol imaginable. When Larry caught that 43 yd (I believe it was that distance?) Slant Route TD, I jumped out of my seat & started screaming at the top of my lungs with joy. What happened next isn't worth repeating. I still hate Big Ben & Santonio Holmes to this day. I was sick to my stomach, couldn't watch Sportscenter, listen to sports talk shows or even read the sports page for days, refused to that is lol. Missed that Monday & Tuesday at work, only thing I watched on tv those 2 days were movies, nothing sports related to be reminded of the SB loss.

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Over football???? Priority check.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Horrible..... Horrible memories.

I am gut wrenched every time I see the Harrison INT or the Fitz long TD. I can't even watch the Holmes catch..... It still feels like yesterday.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about you being homeless bro, even for a brief period. After the NFC championship game, I was so pumped, watched it at a sports bar here in Louisville with a bunch of Steelers fans. They were rooting for us BTW, guess they figured playing us gave them a better shot? I had a big SB party at my party room above the garage, lots of food & every kind of alcohol imaginable. When Larry caught that 43 yd (I believe it was that distance?) Slant Route TD, I jumped out of my seat & started screaming at the top of my lungs with joy. What happened next isn't worth repeating. I still hate Big Ben & Santonio Holmes to this day. I was sick to my stomach, couldn't watch Sportscenter, listen to sports talk shows or even read the sports page for days, refused to that is lol. Missed that Monday & Tuesday at work, only thing I watched on tv those 2 days were movies, nothing sports related to be reminded of the SB loss.

I don't know why, but I didn't take the SB loss as badly as I maybe should have. My great thrill was beating the Eagles to get to the SB. In all my years as a Cardinal fan, I just never saw us getting to that pinnacle. We had huge parties for both games, and living in PA, we had tons of both Eagles & Steelers fans in my house for both of them. What was ironic was that almost to a person, The Steeler fans there felt the Cardinals deserved to win that game. Knowing the Cardinals like I do, I was screaming for Fitz to take a knee before going into the end zone. I was 100% willing to take our chances that we could run more time off the clock & still score. I was 100% sure that when Fitz scored, we had left too much time on the clock & there was NO WAY we would stop Pittsburgh from scoring. Our D had so many holes, and I knew Big Ben would carve it up somehow, someway. When Holmes caught the ball, I sat quiet, because I just knew it was going to happen. Our best shot was to milk the clock down & score with less than 30 seconds on the clock.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know why, but I didn't take the SB loss as badly as I maybe should have. My great thrill was beating the Eagles to get to the SB. In all my years as a Cardinal fan, I just never saw us getting to that pinnacle. We had huge parties for both games, and living in PA, we had tons of both Eagles & Steelers fans in my house for both of them. What was ironic was that almost to a person, The Steeler fans there felt the Cardinals deserved to win that game. Knowing the Cardinals like I do, I was screaming for Fitz to take a knee before going into the end zone. I was 100% willing to take our chances that we could run more time off the clock & still score. I was 100% sure that when Fitz scored, we had left too much time on the clock & there was NO WAY we would stop Pittsburgh from scoring. Our D had so many holes, and I knew Big Ben would carve it up somehow, someway. When Holmes caught the ball, I sat quiet, because I just knew it was going to happen. Our best shot was to milk the clock down & score with less than 30 seconds on the clock.
I felt confident after Larry scored, I worried a little about the time left on the clock. However, that defense did have holes, but they were a big play defense all yr long, just seemed to come up with big plays, turnovers etc.....when they needed them. I was just hoping something big would happen for our defense. That game still makes me sick to this day thinking about it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Despite the loss I am so glad I got to attend that game. I remember looking at the clock when Fitz scored and that Cardinal pessimism creeping in (which proved to be a valid feeling). We had so many chances to knock own passes, sack Big Ben but just didn't get it done.

I have my ticket framed on my wall regardless of the loss.

If we ever go back I will go back, no matter the cost until I witness a Super Bowl win.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Over football???? Priority check.

I dunno. I’ve had people here accuse me of not being a fan. I’m not as crazy passionate as I was when I was younger, but this sport is inexorably linked to many parts of my life, and I really, really care.

Even outside of the sport, dropping that kind of coin to go to the Super Bowl when you’re 21 years old just to watch your team lose a heartbreaker and then be locked in a freaking parking garage for 6 hours after the game is a pretty bad go of it.

Not to mention that I had a $100 futures bet from before the season that would have paid for the whole thing if they had won.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Defense could not get Big Ben to the ground that last drive and DRC I believe gave up the TD to Holmes.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was nothing to do with drinking beer ?

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Even at the ripe old age of 21, I knew when I'd had too much and when I hadn't. I had maybe 7 Miller Lites that entire day, over the span of 5 hours. Definitely not "throw up because I'm drunk" territory.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No, maybe not, but depending on age, sex, food intake, weight, etc you might be considered intoxicated (over .08).

I did find a BAC calculator on a Google search. I just did a quick calculation.
A 200 pound male would be somewhere around a .10 BAC. (if I calculated correctly). Maybe not "throw up" drunk, but "legally" under the influence if driving.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No, maybe not, but depending on age, sex, food intake, weight, etc you might be considered intoxicated (over .08).

I did find a BAC calculator on a Google search. I just did a quick calculation.
A 200 pound male would be somewhere around a .10 BAC. (if I calculated correctly). Maybe not "throw up" drunk, but "legally" under the influence if driving.
Wasn't driving, I stayed at the Renaissance right next to the stadium. Always 100% had a DD if needed when I lived in AZ (only from 04-08), and always stay in walking distance of the stadium when visiting, unless I'm taking friends, and we'll get an Uber or DD.

I drink too much, but I refuse to put others at risk.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not accusing or anything. Just a statement so people know that they would most likely be under the influence. :)

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dunno. I’ve had people here accuse me of not being a fan. I’m not as crazy passionate as I was when I was younger, but this sport is inexorably linked to many parts of my life, and I really, really care.

Even outside of the sport, dropping that kind of coin to go to the Super Bowl when you’re 21 years old just to watch your team lose a heartbreaker and then be locked in a freaking parking garage for 6 hours after the game is a pretty bad go of it.

Not to mention that I had a $100 futures bet from before the season that would have paid for the whole thing if they had won.

Yah, thats intense, dude. Part of me wants to chastise you and part of me wishes I had that much passion for anything. At the end of the day however, I'm hardwired to believe to there IS such a thing as too MUCH passion. So, you be you, bud. Who am I to tell you what that is.

I will say, never ever ever listen to anyone telling you what a fan is. Those people are more scared at what they see in a mirror than they are about you and your passion...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yah, thats intense, dude. Part of me wants to chastise you and part of me wishes I had that much passion for anything. At the end of the day however, I'm hardwired to believe to there IS such a thing as too MUCH passion. So, you be you, bud. Who am I to tell you what that is.

I will say, never ever ever listen to anyone telling you what a fan is. Those people are more scared at what they see in a mirror than they are about you and your passion...
I mean, keep in mind, you're 49, I'm 33, and I can wholeheartedly agree with you that as I've grown older, the intensity of my passion has waned a bit. Other things in life are more important, or at least I'm aware I have no control over the team and need to focus on the things I have an effect on. My dad had the same thing happen with his Redskins fandom.

Obviously I still care enough to post here all year though.

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was caught off guard by how open and honest Bertrand Berry was in this video. Very emotional and moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I was at the game and every time I rewatch it I shut it off after Larry'sTD. I don't need to watch it again, it is ingrained in my memory forever, just like the pick 6 before halftime.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose