OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess Rudolph’s involvement did not warrant any disciplinary action.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They said a fine is still likely forthcoming

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also said on NFL network that every single player that left the sideline will be fined and there will be kite fines in addition to the suspensions to main players involved.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I agree on the jail time but his NFL career should be over. And if I were a player on another team I'd refuse to play in any game he's allowed to suit up for. Failing to ban him for life is excusing his behavior IMO. I mean, what does he need to do, grab a gun and start shooting people out there?

That was on a movie once.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm with you until he got up and kicked him. All of those punches were justified IMO. I think he will get 4 games.

Ogujobie: 1 game
Rudolph: Probably a fine for the nut kick.
Pouncey: 4 games
Garrett: 10 to 16 games.
Randall: Big fine

That's my guess.

Garrett suspended indefinitely, minimum rest of season

Pouncey for 3 games

Ogunjobi for 1 game

Sounds about right (plus fines everywhere)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Almost a Bullseye!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if this happened in 1970 it would have been celebrated lol

I'm not so sure. Can you think of an on field incident that approaches this one from that era? The Haynesworth incident was only 15 years ago but it stands out as one of the worst I can recall and this one surpasses it. Maybe Vick trying to shatter Dumervils knee?

Even starting from the 60's I can't remember anything on this level. Sure, Deacon Jones, Night Train Lane, Lyle Alzado, Conrad Dobler, Bill Romanowski, Andre Waters, Mark Schlereth, Chuck Cecil, Jack Tatum, Rodney Harrison, James Harrison, N. Suh, Vontaze and that guy whose name escapes me that pretty much ruined Jim McMahon's career and many others have been noted for their cheap shots but most of that action occurred within the framework of the game at the time, this incident went far beyond any that I can think of.

Having said all that, if you mean it would have been "celebrated" by fans, yeah, you are correct. We all loved the hard hits and even when they went well over the line it was okay as long as it was our monster tearing apart that fool on the other team. But again, I really don't remember anything in the NFL that approaches this mess although the NHL has a moment or two that comes close (Marty McSorley comes to mind).

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'll admit, it's possible I'm overreacting. This incident was coming on the heels of yet another high school shooting and I've reached a zero tolerance level on real violence. But make no mistake, that was real violence. How someone could insist it shouldn't be considered a crime is beyond me.

This isn't the first time that I've suggested that a player should take a stand regarding an unsafe workplace and I realize it probably won't ever happen. But IMO, this kind of stuff won't go away until the League(s) are hit in the wallet for allowing it in the first place. Not banning this player for life (provisionally perhaps, depending on completion of anger management counseling) is allowing it IMO.

But to your closing comment, you can shove that "righteous self" crap up that hole where most of your opinions seem to come from. You have no idea if someone was injured, it's far too soon for that judgement. I was hit by a drunk driver in 1989, I've lived with neck and head problems as a result but symptoms didn't appear until well after the collision. And nowhere is it written that violence is only a crime if someone is injured.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I agree with a lot of what you said, although I don’t have a zero tolerance policy on violence. Sometimes I think **** is said and two people should be allowed to fight it out if they want to, but outright assault is never warranted.

I wouldn’t ban Garrett for his career, because I think it’s unfair to be encouraged to play a violent game and then “shut off” when things are all amped up, but what he did was inexcusable and he should be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon. Spending some time in jail might make him rethink his choices. The fact Rudolph walked out unscathed is nothing more than pure luck... he could have died.

Garrett should face a heavy suspension, real life consequences, and more.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Rudolph didnt start it at all. He was tackled, after the play, without the ball and piledriven into the ground. I would have been pushing the guy off of me too.
That’s what penalties are for. Not to twist someone’s helmet off and start trouble.

Refs obviously didn’t think it was late there wasn’t a late hit penalty as it wasn’t late.

He’s a trash QB that threw 4 picks and was mad.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought we could beat both teams with the players that will be suspended when we play both of them. Take into consideration the defenses we've had to play against this yr already? Lions defense (very underrated imo, 3 pro bowlers on their DL) Ravens, 49ers (will be twice after Sunday) "Shehawks" & Saints. I highly doubt the Browns or Steelers have a better defense than any of those we've played so far. I like our chances.

Actually, the Steeler D is really good.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s what penalties are for. Not to twist someone’s helmet off and start trouble.

Refs obviously didn’t think it was late there wasn’t a late hit penalty as it wasn’t late.

is that justification? It wasn't the initial hit that was the problem it was Miles hit Mason and Mason didn't go down...so Miles kept wrestling him to try to get him down...and he should have been flagged for that aspect of it...the initial contact was fine...but he went overboard when Mason kept standing

Here's the video

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
is that justification? It wasn't the initial hit that was the problem it was Miles hit Mason and Mason didn't go down...so Miles kept wrestling him to try to get him down...and he should have been flagged for that aspect of it...the initial contact was fine...but he went overboard when Mason kept standing

Here's the video
Rudolph flipped the ball out as soon as he got hit and Garrett was trying to get the sack thus no penalty flag. It shows the replay in realtime in that video.

Fine with me, fine him only. Rudolph has shown he's terrible and we our chance to get multiple turnovers.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rudolph didnt start it at all. He was tackled, after the play, without the ball and piledriven into the ground. I would have been pushing the guy off of me too.

So what, Rudolph still tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first. He should have been suspended 1 game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

yeah

whatever man.

If you would let the guy pile drive you and then lay on you well after the play and do nothing about it, it speaks more about you than anything.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So what, Rudolph still tried to rip Garrett's helmet off first. He should have been suspended 1 game.
He was mad..... I get it. But I think most facemask penalties are worse than what Rudolph tried to do in that moment.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd also have suspended him for a game or two but more for the fact he charged at Garrett while the guy was being locked down by two of Rudolph's teammates. The fight would have just died out at that point had he stayed away from it. Even if that's a normal player reaction, its impact on this embarrassing scuffle was worth a game IMO. I understood his initial reaction but that charge made a bad situation much worse.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I hit my wife because she wasn't leaving me alone your honor. Not the same but...... kind of.

I always think of the accountability ladder in times like these.

Are you blaming others and making excuses for your actions? Or are you owning up to your mistakes and finding a solution to get on with your life.

You must be registered for see images attach

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
yeah

whatever man.

If you would let the guy pile drive you and then lay on you well after the play and do nothing about it, it speaks more about you than anything.
Did you watch the replay? pile drive?

He had to wiggle his weight just to get him down because he didn’t have enough leverage

The poster I was replying to even acknowledged he had to wrestle to get him down.

Wrestling to get him down because you have no leverage and pile driving are two completely different tackles.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I hit my wife because she wasn't leaving me alone your honor. Not the same but...... kind of.

I always think of the accountability ladder in times like these.

Are you blaming others and making excuses for your actions? Or are you owning up to your mistakes and finding a solution to get on with your life.

You must be registered for see images attach
Hahahaha oh man you just triggered horrible memories of my old office.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was mad..... I get it. But I think most facemask penalties are worse than what Rudolph tried to do in that moment.

He escalated this situation. Some facemasks are worse than what Rudolph did. The fact that even after Garrett ripped off his helmet, he STILL went after Garrett, escalating it further.

Furthermore, I don't see how Ogunjobi for 1 game makes sense, when Rudolph gets 0. Getting pushed down happens 10 times a game.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose