Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5-5, maybe 4-6. 3 wins at home against New Orleans, Washington and Dallas and 1 or 2 wins on the road against Charlotte, Orlando and New Orleans.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
5-5, maybe 4-6. 3 wins at home against New Orleans, Washington and Dallas and 1 or 2 wins on the road against Charlotte, Orlando and New Orleans.
It may happen, but I will not count them out of that many games. There isn't a game in their next 10 that they don't have a legitimate shot at winning.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may happen, but I will not count them out of that many games. There isn't a game in their next 10 that they don't have a legitimate shot at winning.

I don't necessarily disagree but we're throwing the ball away too much and our defense isn't as crisp as it was a few weeks ago so I have some concerns. We've only played 3 road games so far, losing at Denver and beating 2 bad teams (GS and Memphis) and we're looking at 6 road games out of the next 10. We start off playing 5 games in 7 days, 3 of those games are on the road. And we have 3 sets of back to backs in this 10 game stretch. Not an easy stretch at all.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we go at worst 6-4. Hopefully 8-2 with only losses to Boston and Denver :). Although, I have a feeling we might beat Boston. They’re due for a loss!

The toughest games in that stretch aren't just one after the other but the actual Saturday/Sunday back to back in Minnesota and then Denver. That Denver game will be really tough. Not only are the Nuggets a good team but the Suns won't even have a full day to try and adjust to the elevation.

The league shouldn't schedule teams on the 2nd night of a back to back to in Denver. That's a huge advantage for the Nuggets.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we go at worst 6-4. Hopefully 8-2 with only losses to Boston and Denver :). Although, I have a feeling we might beat Boston. They’re due for a loss!

I'd take 8-2 for sure if someone would offer that. :wink2:

Here is to hoping that Baynes is ready to go. He took quite the pounding against the Hawks.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a stat a few days ago on RGM I believe that showed the Mavs were a plus 27 points this season when Doncic and Porzingis are off the floor. I don't watch the Mavs enough to know what that means but from what little I've seen KP is killing their offense right now.

Yeah, I don't get a chance to watch the Mavericks much either. I was looking at the Mavericks vs Knicks box score to see how the Knicks got the win. It looks like their bench dominated.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lots of roadies coming up. I'd be pretty happy going 6-4 in that stretch and very stoked with 7-3.

I will take either of those figures. Suns need to hold the fort until Ayton gets back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s twice in one week they lose to the Knicks. Probably eliminates Luka from 1st team all NBA.

Luka has been about as dominant and consistent as one can get. He deserves consideration.

It's a shame if the play of the Mavericks minimizes that opportunity.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. What in the world did he do to himself?!?

It sounds like something more than a routine ankle sprain. Not many details have been shared with the fans. Recently I saw a video of Ty shooting and getting good lift on his jump shot. He looked pretty good. Hopefully the ankle heals naturally but I'm beginning to worry.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It sounds like something more than a routine ankle sprain. Not many details have been shared with the fans. Recently I saw a video of Ty shooting and getting good lift on his jump shot. He looked pretty good. Hopefully the ankle heals naturally but I'm beginning to worry.
Ankles can be tricky. Steph Curry and Grant Hill both had extended issues. Just get him healthy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty talks about Ty Jerome's injury.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For subscribers to The Athletic this would be a great event to attend. Wish I could be there.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Interesting that, a day after being told he is out of the rotation, Carter is starting with Rubio out.

Actually, it makes sense. Disrupt only one position and keep the same bench rotation.

It is unlikely that Carter will get starter's minutes.