Cardinals to Attend Kaepernick Workout

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes seriously

P.O.S.!!!
No need to sugarcoat it. This dude is pure scum.

Yeah that’s what he is

He's both.

Say what you will about his football skills, but I actually admire Colin Kaepernick for raising national awareness on social injustice in the U.S.

We have a great Nation, in part due to the constitutional rights such as free speech which Kaepernick has exercised to his own peril, and our vets who have fought to protect those rights.

But it is shameful how unarmed black people continue to get gunned downed by their own government. These sad incidents are a continuation of a horrible chapter in American life that includes the Tulsa race riot,the Rosewood Massacre, the Ocoee massacre, the Tuskegee experiment, etc. where black people were treated as less than human, or to use your term "POS"'s.

Bringing attention to social injustice does not make Kaepernick a POS. It took a lot of courage for him to risk his livelihood and face the resulting hatred.

Last edited:

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Say what you will about his football skills, but I actually admire Colin Kaepernick for raising national awareness on social injustice in the U.S.

We have a great Nation, in part due to the constitutional rights such as free speech which Kaepernick has exercised to his own peril, and our vets who have fought to protect those rights.

But it is shameful how unarmed black people continue to get gunned downed by their own government. These sad incidents are a continuation of a horrible chapter in American life that includes the Tulsa race riot,the Rosewood Massacre, the Ocoee massacre, the Tuskegee experiment, etc. where black people were treated as less than human, or to use your term "POS"'s.

Bringing attention to social injustice does not make Kaepernick a POS. It took a lot of courage for him to risk his livelihood and face the resulting hatred.

That's fine....but do it on your own time/dime. I don't pay to watch politics,...when he plays football, he is playing for me. Go get a permit and have a parade or something to promote your cause.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

His beliefs are to be admired but he hardly accomplished bringing national attention to those beliefs because it was a failed visual expression. If you have to continue to explain or have others explain what your act is about, you need to try another form of expression to make your point. His main accomplishment is making a majority of people think he hates his country and the armed forces which was not his objective

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His beliefs are to be admired but he hardly accomplished bringing national attention to those beliefs because it was a failed visual expression. If you have to continue to explain or have others explain what your act is about, you need to try another form of expression to make your point. His main accomplishment is making a majority of people think he hates his country and the armed forces which was not his objective

JG, a lot of that was because people just refused to see anything other than a petulant black man kneeling during the anthem. I prefer to listen to a person's reason for protest rather than judge on face value. For him to be called a POS is ridiculous. Dislike him all you want but the hatred and vitriol he got at that level scared me as a black man in this country.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Everyone and I mean everyone has had their battles in life

No one and I mean NO ONE gets an easy path

Don't define yourself or others by race

Work hard - do your best - try your hardest - help others - be kind -

There is no magic race card that gets you a car, house , beautiful wife, kids and the life of your dreams.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This thread should probably be shifted to PR by now, but man, the amount of hate this guy gets is insane, and the baffling lack of awareness about his actual message is just insane. I’ve disliked the guy for his on the field play ever since he played for Nevada, but the man is entitled to his free speech as much as any of us.

And if you really “don’t want politics in your sports,” stop letting the NFL have months dedicated as a Salute to Service, stop trotting out service members in the middle of games, stop expecting athletes to be role models and contribute to society, stop having the anthem before each game.

What you really mean when you say that is “I don’t want politics I don’t agree with in my sports.”

And I wholeheartedly support the troops, anthem, and all that being part of the game, I just hate when people say they “don’t want” that stuff and don’t actually say what they mean.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To his credit, Kaepernick got the national discussion rolling regarding the relationship between police and Black youth.
To his discredit, he couldn't have handled the problem in a worse way for his employers.
The NFL is built on being the All American patriotic sport of joy and wonder. Why would someone hire him? Plenty of people can come in and be a mediocre quarterback without enraging your customer base.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everyone and I mean everyone has had their battles in life

No one and I mean NO ONE gets an easy path

Don't define yourself or others by race

Work hard - do your best - try your hardest - help others - be kind -

There is no magic race card that gets you a car, house , beautiful wife, kids and the life of your dreams.
So what about.......... never mind........ :devil:

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
That's fine....but do it on your own time/dime. I don't pay to watch politics,...when he plays football, he is playing for me. Go get a permit and have a parade or something to promote your cause.

There are many things for which I don't pay to watch on sports TV, including bad commentators, poor officiating, and lame mascots. But I don't ruminate over it and let it dissuade me from watching the game. I guess if it doesnt impact your daily operations, why worry about it?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Hope the Cards stay away from the Clown show that is Kap.Not needed as a backup or for the circus he brings.Football needs to the the focus .Not to see if some rich jock is going protest the anthem.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

:biglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose