OT: Myles Garrett needs to be suspended for the rest of the season

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Garrett had no business taking him to the ground in the first place. The ball was out and he had to see it as it happened right in front of him.

Sure, hit the guy, but don’t then continue to pull on him and drag him into the ground (head first at that). That is what started everything and I don’t blame Rudolph for reacting the way he did.

Garrett already has a rep for being a dirty player. Go look up some of his roughing penalties. Guy has so much talent yet has this weird need to take a cheap shot on the opposing QB just about every game.

After what I saw tonight, I hope Cleveland loses every game the rest of this year.
Nailed it

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you on drugs?

Quality retort.

Make sure you read the part where I made it clear that Garrett deserves a long suspension.

Garrett went insane, but Randolph also should be punished for instigating and kicking in the balls, but Garrett definitely went further, what he did could kill someone.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
That was plain ass crazy & disgusting.

Decastro probably saved the day with his WWE takedown & pinning of Garrett or there’s no telling what else could’ve taken place!!!

Bottom line is Garrett should be done for the year, Pouncey should get 1-2 games & Ogunjobi should get 1 for decking Rudolph after the play from behind. I bet Rudolph gets zero.

Crazy that in the 60’s & 70’s this stuff took place a lot in the NFL.

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wow... Ripped off Kyle Rudolph’s helmet... Then proceeds to swing it as a weapon which is a deadly weapon right on the top of the head of Rudolph. It was atrocious and disgusting... Pouncey came to his defense and started punching and kicking Garrett as he should!!! Just WOW!
Looks like we won't have to play against Pouncey & Garrett when we play the Steelers & the Browns lol.

POISON

Reaction score
For sure.

Randall is getting a big fine, maybe a game. I think Garrett will get, at minimum, 5 games for that. Randolph probably 1 game, Pouncy should get suspended for 2.
Lets see genius. Rudolph gets his helmet ripped off his head by a 300 pound DL, then blasted by his own helmet on his bare head? This lunatic should be suspended for the rest of the year, maybe next year as well.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
That was plain ass crazy & disgusting.

Decastro probably saved the day with his WWE takedown & pinning of Garrett or there’s no telling what else could’ve taken place!!!

Bottom line is Garrett should be done for the year, Pouncey should get 1-2 games & Ogunjobi should get 1 for decking Rudolph after the play from behind. I bet Rudolph gets zero.

Crazy that in the 60’s & 70’s this stuff took place a lot in the NFL.

Good point about Decastro. Hadn't thought of that.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Knew it when I saw the replay ripping his helmet sideways from the face mask and back when he isn’t even on top of him is inexcusable. Could’ve injured his neck.

Was frustrated he played terrible and got a consequence for his action.

Suspend them both along with a few others.

POISON

Reaction score
Quality retort.

Make sure you read the part where I made it clear that Garrett deserves a long suspension.

Garrett went insane, but Randolph also should be punished for instigating and kicking in the balls, but Garrett definitely went further, what he did could kill someone.
If the idiot was wearing a cup he'd never felt it. It didn't look like nothing. Getting cracked over the skull with your own helmet is another matter....

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lets see genius. Rudolph gets his helmet ripped off his head by a 300 pound DL, then blasted by his own helmet on his bare head? This lunatic should be suspended for the rest of the year, maybe next year as well.
If the idiot was wearing a cup he'd never felt it. It didn't look like nothing. Getting cracked over the skull with your own helmet is another matter....

Jeez dude... are you bothering to read what I say or merely outraged that I pegged Rudolph as the instigator?

No where do I excuse Garret and I make it quite clear that he deserves a severe punishment.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garrett should actually be charged with assault and battery in a court of law. It might be obvious that Garrett has severe issues.

Markice Pouncey is my new hero.

P S. The QBs name is Rudolph.

Last edited:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Myles is getting an Albert Haynesworth level reputation.....

I think he leads the league in late hit penalties IIRC.

He needs a full 16 game suspension IMO. The last half of a lost season is not enough for his growing body of work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Garrett had no business taking him to the ground in the first place. The ball was out and he had to see it as it happened right in front of him.

Sure, hit the guy, but don’t then continue to pull on him and drag him into the ground (head first at that). That is what started everything and I don’t blame Rudolph for reacting the way he did.

Garrett already has a rep for being a dirty player. Go look up some of his roughing penalties. Guy has so much talent yet has this weird need to take a cheap shot on the opposing QB just about every game.

After what I saw tonight, I hope Cleveland loses every game the rest of this year.

I despise the Steelers more than any team in any sport, and yet, I found myself rooting for them last night. What does that say about Cleveland?? I honestly think we can beat both of these teams. It is pretty amazing that 10 of Pittsburgh's defensive starters were 1st round picks. That being said, they DIDN'T get the job done last night.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow... Ripped off Kyle Rudolph’s helmet... Then proceeds to swing it as a weapon which is a deadly weapon right on the top of the head of Rudolph. It was atrocious and disgusting... Pouncey came to his defense and started punching and kicking Garrett as he should!!! Just WOW!

Personally, I am suspending him longer than just the rest of the season. Regardless of what Rudolph may have done, swinging the helmet like that cannot be tolerated. In fact, if you could get away with it, a permanent ban from the game is probably warranted

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Personally, I am suspending him longer than just the rest of the season. Regardless of what Rudolph may have done, swinging the helmet like that cannot be tolerated. In fact, if you could get away with it, a permanent ban from the game is probably warranted
I am thinking 12 to 16 with it getting appealed down to 10 or 12. He can't get away with just getting suspended the back half of a lost season IMO. Especially with a Burfict-level resume in the making.

And the money is small also since he is on his rookie deal. I don't think the loss of pay would be even 2 million if all he gets is the rest of the season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you can make a very good argument for a 16 game suspension for Garrett given the list of other things he's done.

Rudolph will get suspended too for trying to rip the helmet off first. Pouncey will get suspended but I kind of wish they wouldn't at a certain point you have to be able to defend your teammate and that's what he did, I don't for a second think Garrett was going to stop if they just pulled him away, he was going to come back for round 2.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I think you can make a very good argument for a 16 game suspension for Garrett given the list of other things he's done.

Rudolph will get suspended too for trying to rip the helmet off first. Pouncey will get suspended but I kind of wish they wouldn't at a certain point you have to be able to defend your teammate and that's what he did, I don't for a second think Garrett was going to stop if they just pulled him away, he was going to come back for round 2.

I'm with you until he got up and kicked him. All of those punches were justified IMO. I think he will get 4 games.

Ogujobie: 1 game
Rudolph: Probably a fine for the nut kick.
Pouncey: 4 games
Garrett: 10 to 16 games.
Randall: Big fine

That's my guess.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
This act should be jail time not just suspension. If you ever played the game no way in hell can you defend this. He very easily could've killed him, and anyone saying Rudolph instigated there was absolutely no reason he was even tackled ball long gone.

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
This was disgusting. I honestly feel he should never play in the NFL again and should be arrested for assault. He could have murdered him, those helmets are 6 pounds.

He's lucky he hit him on the hardest part of the head and not on the temple which would have knocked him out or killed him.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk