Supporting Member
Reaction score
Final:

Suns 128 - Hawks 112

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
come on guys. stopping dorking around. one more good push ends this game.

danke!

great bounce back win.

also, as one of the guys who was VERY skeptical (to say the least) of the Cam Johnson pick, looks like we do NOT have another Bridges situation and that shooting is really starting to carry over for the kid. Good to see.

man... our shooting is just NIGHT AND DAY from last year.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton will make a huge difference indeed because teams have been abusing the Suns inside.

Not only that but when Ayton returns is about when other teams will believe they have the Suns "figured out". His return will change the scouting report entirely.

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another great game. Nice bounce back game from Oubre, Cam Johnson is looking like a real rotation player... well, unless you ignore all his made shots, then he is pretty bad.

But WOW, Diallo is really REALLY bad. Maybe he was just excited to be on the court but he was comically terrible in his brief PT.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep crazy to think how good this team might be once he comes back.

if he comes back and Monty's effect has rubbed off on him like it has the rest of the team, this could be a 50 win team this year. They would pretty much have it all. Lots of shooters, good size between Ayton, Baynes, Frank The Tank and Saric, depth, youth, just the right mix of veteran talent.

very excited about this team.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take away the solid defense he has played and the shots he has made, he's having a real stinker.

He's played good individual defense but I'm especially impressed by his help D. He also moves constantly which puts pressure on the defense and leads to better shots for teammates. For a one trick pony, he's pretty impressive. It will still take me awhile to get over the fact we didn't draft Clarke or PJ but AFAIC Cameron is playing up to his draft spot.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only that but when Ayton returns is around when other teams will believe they have the Suns "figured out". His return will change the scouting report entirely.

Ayton would have been huge with Baynes struggling. The scouting report seems to be attack the Suns inside.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Hawks already at 48 points in the paint. Was willing to write off last game on LeBron/AD but now this looks like teams starting to figure some things out against this defense. Two good games of film for opponents to use the next couple games. Stevens will have it locked in Monday

7:59 PM - 14 Nov 2019
The one plus against Boston is that they aren't a big team. So I don't expect them to take advantage of it nearly as much as many teams will.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's played good individual defense but I'm especially impressed by his help D. He also moves constantly which puts pressure on the defense and leads to better shots for teammates. For a one trick pony, he's pretty impressive. It will still take me awhile to get over the fact we didn't draft Clarke or PJ but AFAIC Cameron is playing up to his draft spot.

this. would I rather have PJ or Clarke... yeah. But Cam is showing himself to have a place in this league.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to believe the Suns throttled Trae Young yet he scores 21 points and gets 13 assists.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one plus against Boston is that they aren't a big team. So I don't expect them to take advantage of it nearly as much as many teams will.

Let's hope Baynes has something to prove to his old team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are really good when both frank and Dario are hitting their 3’s.

baynes and Rubio both had lousy games, and we still won easily.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Great bounce back game for the team and for oubre. Nice to see when two players (Rubio and baynes) have down games others step up (cam, Dario, frank). Bridges still largely MIA on offense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some final stats.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Some observations from Section 108 tonight:

Oubre played like a man possessed. You could tell he was bothered by his performance against the Lakers.

Saric and Kaminsky were outstanding offensively, but they were completely lost defensively most of the time (though each had a few isolated nice moments). I maintain Kaminsky is more of a stretch 5, and that really seemed to be the case tonight.

Booker continues to improve and develop...in all areas but one. His ball handling and passing are quite sloppy, and there are times he seems to try to go for flash over fundamental substance. The careless turnovers are a concern.

Baynes seemed out of it. I know part of it was the early foul trouble, but there appeared to be something else off, where I wonder if he wasn't 100%. Same goes for Rubio. Both looked a step slow.

Bridges does so many of the little things well. I just wish he would be more confident in his shot and that his offense would catch up to his defense and fundamentals.

There were moments where Cam Johnson looked spectacular and moments where he looked awful. At least I saw flashes, so I guess I am willing to wait and see. I'm still not confident in his long term prospects, though.

Tyler Johnson found ways to contribute when his shot wasn't falling and didn't resort to being a chucker. I admire his restraint tonight. When he plays within himself, he can be a contributor off the bench.

Slow and sluggish start, but the team kept an even keel and methodically took care of business. It is clear each game how good of a coach Monty is.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of kudos after the game for Tyler Johnson. Frank Kaminsky says he was key to the Suns defense.

Tyler went 0-2 but had a +23.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave