KK sucks azz too

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
agreed

but LaFleur wasn't coming here

Zac Taylor has been underwhelming in Cincy

im ok with saying KK was a bad hire -- but who was a realistic better choice?

Dan Campbell wouldn't have been terrible in my mind, but maybe not ready yet. It's a shame that two coaches declined us - Bienemy and McCarthy. I would have preferred either.

But, it's part of the reason that I think if we do get rid of Keim, we're going to see potential GMs decline us since they won't have control over their HC or QB selections.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dan Campbell wouldn't have been terrible in my mind, but maybe not ready yet. It's a shame that two coaches declined us - Bienemy and McCarthy. I would have preferred either.

But, it's part of the reason that I think if we do get rid of Keim, we're going to see potential GMs decline us since they won't have control over their HC or QB selections.
The guy who didn’t know Aaron Jones existed & obvious the game has passed him by.

Alrighty.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Keim will go no where next year. He will be here another year, expect we flame out this year, but nothing does support that, that will happen.

But, yeah...

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Its year one of his NFL coaching career people. He is going to make rookie mistakes, just like our rookie QB. Oh and he is a big factor why our offense went from worst ever in the league last year to a top 12 offense this year. Despite lacking talent at some key positions, Kliff has made the team competitive even against some really good teams this year.

If he is continuing to make clock management blunders in a couple years, then I can totally understand the criticism. Calling his hire a mistake when the positives outweigh the negatives so far in his rookie year seems a bit ridiculous.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The guy who didn’t know Aaron Jones existed & obvious the game has passed him by.

Alrighty.
He’s won a Super Bowl. And y’know, coached in the NFL. Better than the guy who won one whole season of college head coaching and flamed out at his alma mater, without being offered another college head coaching job, even at a small school. But sure, focus on the lack of usage of Aaron Jones, a 5th round pick who got a two game suspension for substance abuse in his second year.

I love Aaron Jones, he’s on all of my fantasy teams, but nitpicking that as the reason McCarthy got fired is just another DVontel-ism.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Its year one of his NFL coaching career people. He is going to make rookie mistakes, just like our rookie QB. Oh and he is a big factor why our offense went from worst ever in the league last year to a top 12 offense this year. Despite lacking talent at some key positions, Kliff has made the team competitive even against some really good teams this year.

If he is continuing to make clock management blunders in a couple years, then I can totally understand the criticism. Calling his hire a mistake when the positives outweigh the negatives so far in his rookie year seems a bit ridiculous.

Year one of his NFL coaching career, yeah. So why is he a head coach?

There is a single stat in his career of coaching at any level that counts: wins. He doesn’t have many.

Anything saying different is literally just hoping he is going to do better than he’s ever shown. Hope springs eternal, but he couldn’t win in college, he hasn’t won here, we’re all waiting for the leopard to change its spots.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He’s won a Super Bowl,

He’s won a Super Bowl. And y’know, coached in the NFL. Better than the guy who won one whole season of college head coaching and flamed out at his alma mater, without being offered another college head coaching job, even at a small school. But sure, focus on the lack of usage of Aaron Jones, a 5th round pick who got a two game suspension for substance abuse in his second year.

I love Aaron Jones, he’s on all of my fantasy teams, but nitpicking that as the reason McCarthy got fired is just another DVontel-ism.
Lol, you just completely passed the “The game passed him by” huh?

Was it McCarthy that won it or was it Aaron Rodgers that won it inspire of McCarthy? I think it’s obvious what’s the answer here.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Yes other things suck so we shouldn’t talk about anything that must be lower on the priority list. Silly take. Just because we discuss the coach’s poor game management doesn’t mean we don’t recognize the injuries, suspensions and knuckleheads. In fact, I’m pretty sure I’ve discussed all of those as well this season. If you think kk has been 100% perfect and beyond discussion during this 3-6-1 season you’re entitled to that opinion. You’d be wrong, but you’re entitled to that opinion.
NO coach is 100% perfect. He's made some mistakes. So has Murray. They'll get fewer and fewer. Yes we're entitled to our opinions, some come quicker than others'. I'll hold off the judgements for THIS season, because too much hasn't gone to plan to make that call on a 1st yr. professional coach. I think overall there is no comparison between this season and last years disaster, and it will continue to get much better, particularly if they can straighten out the D issues.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
NO coach is 100% perfect. He's made some mistakes. So has Murray. They'll get fewer and fewer. Yes we're entitled to our opinions, some come quicker than others'. I'll hold off the judgements for THIS season, because too much hasn't gone to plan to make that call on a 1st yr. professional coach. I think overall there is no comparison between this season and last years disaster, and it will continue to get much better, particularly if they can straighten out the D issues.
I don’t understand what “hasn’t gone to plan” in such volume that doesn’t impact most teams. My criticisms have been primarily related to game management. I’m unsure what hasn’t gone to plan that would impact kk’s ability to manage a game.

ah whatever. You want to give him a free pass this year that’s your prerogative.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose