Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The good thing about Marcus is he's not a 1 and done level player so he can stay and develop. I always thought he had a bit of a weird body for basketball he's a little undersized for a 4 and not athletic enough for a 3. At the NBA level he's a tweener, in college I think he'll be pretty good. He's a better shooter than his older brother although it's a bit of a set shot but not as tall, not as long and not as athletic. Just always seemed like he was heavy in the lower half of his body, much different build than Marvin but still a good player.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The good thing about Marcus is he's not a 1 and done level player so he can stay and develop. I always thought he had a bit of a weird body for basketball he's a little undersized for a 4 and not athletic enough for a 3. At the NBA level he's a tweener, in college I think he'll be pretty good. He's a better shooter than his older brother although it's a bit of a set shot but not as tall, not as long and not as athletic. Just always seemed like he was heavy in the lower half of his body, much different build than Marvin but still a good player.
So he’s like Blake Griffith’s brother.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So he’s like Blake Griffith’s brother.

I think he'll be a pretty good college player but I don't see him as an NBA prospect. To be fair he hasn't really been healthy the last year plus he had back and leg injuries last year so he was never really in ideal shape.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Guard U gets started Friday night at 8:30 on ESPN2. Game is in China against Colorado.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Romello White and Taeshon Cherry will not play tonight against Colorado.

Doug Haller‏Verified account @DougHaller

Arizona State forwards Romello White and Taeshon Cherry will not play vs Colorado tonight. Violation of team rules.

5:50 PM - 8 Nov 2019

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was happy with what I saw from Guard U. They kept fighting back, but were short handed up front. Hopefully Hurley can get that nonsense taken care of here, and this won't be a continuing issue. Colorado is as tough as a team we'll play in the Pac12 besides probably Oregon.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Cherry is a simple-minded, thug-type fool. I’m surprised Hurley lets him continue to hang around.
Surprised Romelo got trapped into taking part in whatever shenanigans Cherry pulled him into...

Reaction score
Don't know when the infraction occurred, but if it was prior to leaving AZ for the trip, Hurley should have left their asses in Tempe!

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cherry is a simple-minded, thug-type fool. I’m surprised Hurley lets him continue to hang around.
Surprised Romelo got trapped into taking part in whatever shenanigans Cherry pulled him into...

Do we know the infraction?

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just got an update on my phone Guard U is playing again here shortly. I'll have to record this one, still struggling to get up and going from last night's Tempe fun.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good game but tough loss. ASU looked good until the very end and couldn't close it out.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Good game but tough loss. ASU looked good until the very end and couldn't close it out.

Aside from White, who himself is only 6'8", the Devils have absolutely zero presence in the paint. Additionally, they remain a sub-par shooting team. In particular, it sucks that both Edwards and Cherry get so much playing time as they are both so inconsistent. Cherry is also extremely undisciplined and flat-out lazy.
I really don't see this team doing much this year. Gotta hope Hurley is able to put together a stellar recruiting class for the 2020-2021 season...

Last edited: