Lakers @ Suns Tuesday game thread

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Meh, not gonna rag on a guy for one bad game. He was tasked with trying to check LeBron for just about every minute he was on the floor and it seems to have thrown him off his game. That and he really likes to get things going inside and the Lakers protect the rim very well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope we come out and blitz the Hawks in our next game.

They will be without John Collins which should help. They are much like the Suns missing Ayton.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn't watch the game.. but I'm assuming oubre was out there pouting when his offense wasnt working and let it effect his d?? Just a guess.. he is a guy who gives me that feeling so far this year.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We beat their azz with Ayton all good even with the L

Maybe I’m selfish, but I’m pissed. That was a game we could’ve had. Yes, Ayton would’ve likely helped us win with his length, but Booker needed to take over and Oubre can’t disappear.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Didn't watch the game.. but I'm assuming oubre was out there pouting when his offense wasnt working and let it effect his d?? Just a guess.. he is a guy who gives me that feeling so far this year.

Nope played good d, just horrid offensively

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nobody played defense tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, not gonna rag on a guy for one bad game. He was tasked with trying to check LeBron for just about every minute he was on the floor and it seems to have thrown him off his game. That and he really likes to get things going inside and the Lakers protect the rim very well.

It's the way I see it as well. Oubre is not a pure outside shooter so he needs to get points inside to get his game going. The Lakers front line was not going to allow it.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
I know the NBA is ready to crown the Lakers the champs. But I think this is the peak Lakers and everything is running at 100% efficiency. From what I saw I see a old veteran team with a older star who’s motor is showing its age and a injury prone magnificent big man. The rest of the roster is meh, they have some nice pieces but I wouldn’t be shocked if this team didn’t win 55 games and swept in the second round of the playoffs.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Maybe I’m selfish, but I’m pissed. That was a game we could’ve had. Yes, Ayton would’ve likely helped us win with his length, but Booker needed to take over and Oubre can’t disappear.

Booker played weirdly out of control in the 2nd half. Hes been in control all season until tonight. It was weird

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know the NBA is ready to crown the Lakers the champs. But I think this is the peak Lakers and everything is running at 100% efficiency. From what I saw I see a old veteran team with a older star who’s motor is showing its age and a injury prone magnificent big man. The rest of the roster is meh, they have some nice pieces but I wouldn’t be shocked if this team didn’t win 55 games and swept in the second round of the playoffs.

nah. They’re a legit championship contender. LeBron basically took the night off.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns offense stalled near the end. I was waiting for Booker to take over but he was a bit passive near the end when had no one named Lebron or Davis on him.

Second chance points killed us, seems like it’s been a while since that has happened to us.

I’m not sure what a foul is and isn’t anymore, as well as a travel. Lakers were allowed some way obvious travels there.

I thought Oubre was that third guy to step up but we don’t even have our 2 guy in Ayton, and our main guy should have at least tried to will us to a win near the end.

Good entertaining game though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cam Johnson is going to play a big role with the Suns going forward. They need his shooting. In time Ty Jerome will help in this area as well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No, he stupidly just kept going straight at AD.

If oubre can’t hit the 3 or we get out on the fast brake, he is not going to succeed against this team.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
nah. They’re a legit championship contender. LeBron basically took the night off.
I watched the Lakers more then every team out there this season. Lebron is showing his age. He didn’t take the night off, he just can’t consistently do what he did five years ago, night in and night out. Don’t get me wrong he is still great, he gets his numbers but I’m sure it’s not sustainable. Two things will happen either he will go down with a injury or he will have to back off the pedal and pace himself.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many offensive rebounds by the Lakers at key times in the game.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The suns just did not have the rim protection to compete with the Lakers. They are a very big team.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam needs to stop shooting moving threes.

with his feet set he is way better.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Disappointed in the result, but proud of the way they competed, particularly with Oubre, Bridges and Tyler Johnson being no-shows, and Cam Johnson being...well, Cam Johnson.

Saric had his best offensive game as a Sun by far, and Kaminsky wasn't far behind, but unfortunately neither still can defend.

Get Ayton back and get at least 1 power forward, and this team is in business.

Hat's off to Monty...again. He has them looking like a legitimate NBA team.