Garoppolo Sucks

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
“Sucky” QB Jimmy G is 16-3 as a starting QB in the NFL. Kyler Murray has twice as many losses in almost half of the games played.

Let’s calm down on trashing other QBs in this division. All four teams have good-to-great QBs

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
“Sucky” QB Jimmy G is 16-3 as a starting QB in the NFL. Kyler Murray has twice as many losses in almost half of the games played.

Let’s calm down on trashing other QBs in this division. All four teams have good-to-great QBs
And all things are equal including the defenses. Jeez, apples to oranges.

AZ Native

Reaction score
What happened to the 49ers last year after Jimmy G tore his ACL?
He is a game manager, and a good one. I was looking at their defense compared to ours. They are 100 times better.

AZ Native

Reaction score
I don't think Jimmy G sucks. I would have traded a 2nd rounder for him in a heartbeat. But he's not the second coming either, not with our defense.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wilson
Mahomes
Watson
Lamar
Brees
Rodgers
Wentz
Dak

Only QBs I feel comfortable being put in that “Good or higher” category.

TJ

Reaction score
You must of been a big Mark Sanchez fan his first two years in the league.

Not a good comparison. Dirty was 11-8 in his first 19 starts with far worse efficiency stats.

Feel confident in saying that Jimmy G's career arc will be far higher than Dirty.

TJ

Reaction score
I don't think Jimmy G sucks. I would have traded a 2nd rounder for him in a heartbeat. But he's not the second coming either, not with our defense.

He's not the second coming, but he's good. Probably around Top-15 +/-, which is good enough.

I just think it's funny that people crap on the QBs in our division. I learned my lesson when I felt that Wilson would eventually regressed, but then turned into an elite QB.

There isn't a bad starting QB in the NFC West. Period. That's a problem for the Cardinals if this team wants to be a contender. Hope that lights a fire under Suge White's large ass.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone believes Greg Kittle and Emmanuel Sanders ( injured during game) would not have made a difference I shake my head.

Goodwin sucks. Deebo Samuels is playing like a typical rookie. Dwelly is a backup.

Sure, and Seattle lost Lockett in the game, lost Dissly earlier in the season and had defensive players banged up and still won. Both teams are good, both are better than we are.

Wilson is doing Aaron Rodgers the way Rodgers did Brett Favre, they lose someone and he makes someone else into a star. It was Lockett and Dissly, now the backup TE suddenly has 3 TD's in the last 2 games.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Sure, and Seattle lost Lockett in the game, lost Dissly earlier in the season and had defensive players banged up and still won. Both teams are good, both are better than we are.

Wilson is doing Aaron Rodgers the way Rodgers did Brett Favre, they lose someone and he makes someone else into a star. It was Lockett and Dissly, now the backup TE suddenly has 3 TD's in the last 2 games.
They did add Josh Gordon who had a big catch last night. Seattle isn’t deprived of weapons like SF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They did add Josh Gordon who had a big catch last night. Seattle isn’t deprived of weapons like SF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I don't buy that SF got back their starting OL, they have 2 really good RB's either of whom is as good as Carson IMO, and a 3rd who's pretty good. Seattle has 2 guys who can run, Carson and Wilson, I guess Penny is ok although he's underachieved his draft status. I would bet big money if Wilson had to sit out the next 5 games the YPC for Carson and Penny would fall at least a yard each with teams not worried about the QB.

Seattle has better WR's when Lockett is in yes, once he left they have Gordon who hadn't played recently and Metcalf who makes the great plays and can't make the easy ones, talented but very inconsistent. SF is a running team yeah they're better with Kittle and Sanders but they were unbeaten before they got Sanders. Samuel is going to be terrific wanted him as a Card, I think Goodwin is a combination of injuries and just a bad fit in the offense. his best year was the year they got Jimmy G and he played the last 6 games I think. Marquise was having a good year before they got him, had 3 good games with Jimmy and then just fell off a cliff because what he does well, deep stuff, Jimmy doesn't do well. he's not a short yardage timing guy he's a deeper threat guy. I don't know if he's healthy but if he were I'd take him over several guys on our team I think he fits our offense much better than he fits theirs. Not great but like Isabella has that top end speed.

You put Wilson on the 49ers and they'd be the best team in the NFC by a mile and probably win a SB. Jimmy G is not a bad player but he's a guy you tell not to lose the game for you, Wilson wins games for you.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He's not the second coming, but he's good. Probably around Top-15 +/-, which is good enough.

I just think it's funny that people crap on the QBs in our division. I learned my lesson when I felt that Wilson would eventually regressed, but then turned into an elite QB.

There isn't a bad starting QB in the NFC West. Period. That's a problem for the Cardinals if this team wants to be a contender. Hope that lights a fire under Suge White's large ass.

Goff is a bad QB.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score

That is the 4th string TE

Dissly is 1, they wanted Ed Dickson to be 2 but he had yet to get healthy, so they started with Nick Vannett as #2 - traded him to Pittsburgh and grabbed Luke Willson

Luke got hurt last week

Hollister was on the practice squad the first 5 weeks after being picked up for a 7th round pick

Joey Hunt is probably the 3rd option for Center, but is in there with injuries to others

You have to play with what you have though - injuries are part of that NFL life

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Lol at the bolded..

But you've got a decent point TJ, and it makes me sad, because it sucks to be us. 21 wins from the top three teams in our division so far this year. Compare that to the the NFC Least, with just 12(!).

Of SF, LA, and SEA, next year the only one that I can see maybe falling into the 7-9 range is LA. I'm not sure about some of the big contacts they've handed out recently.

But if we want to make the playoffs anytime soon, we are going to have to become a very, very good football team.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Lol at the bolded..

But you've got a decent point TJ, and it makes me sad, because it sucks to be us. 21 wins from the top three teams in our division so far this year. Compare that to the the NFC Least, with just 12(!).

Of SF, LA, and SEA, next year the only one that I can see maybe falling into the 7-9 range is LA. I'm not sure about some of the big contacts they've handed out recently.

But if we want to make the playoffs anytime soon, we are going to have to become a very, very good football team.
Cards always seem to wind up in the stacked division more often than not. 1980s and 90s NFC East, for example...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yep...not an awful QB according to some.

This is with Robert Woods, some Cooper Kupp, Brandin Cooks, Todd Gurley, their stable of decent TEs, and McVey calling the offense.

You have to wonder if the NFL has partially figured out their offense as well. I know they have offensive line issues, but that cant be that big of an excuse. Goff isnt getting sacked at that high of a rate.

When he was coming out, I didnt see the hype about him. He just didnt jump out at me as #1 overall caliber.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think Garrapolo is about 15thish. Not bad, not great.

You are giving Goff way too much credit though. He has been spoon fed for years and he is getting worse, not better.

Murray is better than Goff in nearly every statistical category with a much worse supporting cast.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Goff is not good. Another point you are wrong on.
Goff took his team to a Super Bowl. He threw for 32 TDs last year, more than any Arizona Cardinal not named Palmer has ever done in a season. Despite his abysmal rookie year with an awful coach, he has 29 wins to 18 losses.

Is he the best QB in the league or even top 5? No, maybe not, but he's also only in his fourth freaking year and has accomplished more than almost anyone this team has had in 30 years in the desert.

He's only "not good" on the arbitrary Krangthebrain scale which throws stats out the window and picks and chooses when it's time to blame coaching or bad luck.

I swear, I can't tell who you guys think is actually a good QB in this league. As of right now I'm guessing it's just Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, and Kyler Murray.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wilson
Mahomes
Watson
Lamar
Brees
Rodgers
Wentz
Dak

Only QBs I feel comfortable being put in that “Good or higher” category.
Wtf has Wentz done to be in your "good or higher" category? 3/4ths of a strong season and then watched his team get better QB play when it mattered by a literal castoff?

Your standards are insanely high otherwise. Can't believe you have Dak in there too.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Goff took his team to a Super Bowl. He threw for 32 TDs last year, more than any Arizona Cardinal not named Palmer has ever done in a season. Despite his abysmal rookie year with an awful coach, he has 29 wins to 18 losses.

Is he the best QB in the league or even top 5? No, maybe not, but he's also only in his fourth freaking year and has accomplished more than almost anyone this team has had in 30 years in the desert.

He's only "not good" on the arbitrary Krangthebrain scale which throws stats out the window and picks and chooses when it's time to blame coaching or bad luck.

I swear, I can't tell who you guys think is actually a good QB in this league. As of right now I'm guessing it's just Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, and Kyler Murray.

79 QB Rating over the last 16 games.

He threw 32 TDs...mostly in the first half of last year.

You are ignoring A FULL SEASON WORTH OF DATA THAT PROVES YOU WRONG.

He led his team to THREE POINTS against the Steelers. THREE. THREE. THREE.

LOL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Wtf has Wentz done to be in your "good or higher" category? 3/4ths of a strong season and then watched his team get better QB play when it mattered by a literal castoff?

Your standards are insanely high otherwise. Can't believe you have Dak in there too.

Dak is playing out of his mind right now.

I do agree that Wentz doesnt quite belong.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
79 QB Rating over the last 16 games.

He threw 32 TDs...mostly in the first half of last year.

You are ignoring A FULL SEASON WORTH OF DATA THAT PROVES YOU WRONG.

He led his team to THREE POINTS against the Steelers. THREE. THREE. THREE.

LOL.
Like I said, he’s streaky. He’s not a top 5 QB, but he’s not the singular reason his team loses games either. Even Russell Wilson has had games where he’s only put up 6 points and tied (against us). He’s firmly in the middle tier of good enough to win you some games when he’s on, bad enough to lose some games when he’s off, but not consistently someone who needs to be replaced to play winning football.

Dak is playing out of his mind right now.

I do agree that Wentz doesnt quite belong.
For what it’s worth, Dak definitely falls under my good to very-good categories. Most of @DVontel’s guys are essentially guys that I would file under elite.

Wentz falls into my “good” category. At best he’s in the same range as Goff, Stafford, Rivers, and the guys we typically end up fighting about. But he’s on the low tier of that for me. Stafford and Rivers get credit for past work, Goff gets credit for some really spectacular work at times while having time to get more consistency... I just don’t see Wentz becoming more than what he is.