15 thoughts - Bucs game

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1 – No, we get it, the Cardinals are not the best team in the NFL, but it is so much more fun to follow them with Kyler Murray, Kingsbury and the rest of the new coaching staff than it was last year.

2 – I’m just saying that the Tampa Bay Cardinals very nearly won in Seattle last week and beat the Rams a month ago. Again, just saying. It’s not like the Cards lost to a college team. Calm down.

3 – Christian Kirk entered the season.

4 – Has D.J. Humphries always been this prone to taking penalties? I don’t remember it being as bad.

5 – I am pretty much going to promise you that David Johnson will not play with another team next season, as his base salary is more than 10 million and the cap hit would be enormous. As we know, salary cap is way overrated, but you still can’t simply ignore it, and further, I highly doubt Michael Bidwill think it is a great idea to pay that much to an employee not on the staff.

6 – Kyler Murray beat the record for most passes thrown by a rookie without an interception before throwing that one in the fourth quarter.

7 – For five years straight with the Cards, Arians didn’t call a successful screen play, and now he kills the Cards with the screen game? Are you kidding me?

8 – Ugh, are you, like me, not satisfied with the defensive line? Well, fear not, my faithful companions! Robert Nkemdiche has become available.

9 – I really like Byron Murphy. He looks like a draft steal.

10 – Did you see Tom Moore on their sideline? I feel so happy for him for still going strong doing what he loves at age 81.

11 – It must be easy to coach wide receivers for the Cards: “see #81? Be like him”. And then your workday is over.

12 – All season – and especially the last three or four games – the offense has been so good to play with tempo, snap the ball fast and get the defense reacting very quickly. Then suddenly they are way too slow on the last drive where they absolutely had to be fast. Couldn’t get the play in, couldn’t get guys lined up, and so on. That really baffled me.

13 – O.J. Howard – tight end for the Bucs – had been invincible all season. Don’t worry, O.J. The Cards’ defense will take care of you.

14 – Big play Isabella.

15 – Well, at least Keim is emotionally invested, huh? That’s a nice suit, man. Be careful.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
4 – Has D.J. Humphries always been this prone to taking penalties? I don’t remember it being as bad.

Good news - he is playing. Bad news - not very well.

You must be registered for see images attach

7 – For five years straight with the Cards, Arians didn’t call a successful screen play, and now he kills the Cards with the screen game? Are you kidding me?

And still hasn't...that was OC Byron Leftwich. Great calls.

5 – I am pretty much going to promise you that David Johnson will not play with another team next season, as his base salary is more than 10 million and the cap hit would be enormous. As we know, salary cap is way overrated, but you still can’t simply ignore it, and further, I highly doubt Michael Bidwill think it is a great idea to pay that much to an employee not on the staff.

Wilks says hold my beer.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
15 thoughts

1. DJ sucks and they should stop trying to force feed a guy who has NO interest in winning or even trying to help the team (5 attempts for 2 yards)

2. Kirk is awesome

3. Drake runs with purpose and heart

4. Murray is the real deal

5. Murray is amazing

6. O line is bad - real bad

7. D line showed up better, but they're nowhere near quality players

8. Thank god Winston isn't our qb

9. BA's gonna have more health concerns coaching like he does

10. PP is falling like a meteor

11. Zane Gonzalez is good

12. Andy Lee welcome back - you finally looked good again after 2 horrible games

13. KK is a gambler and so far I'm fine with it

14. Vance J I don't know if I like you or hate you yet

15. Jordan Hicks is real good

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could argue a holding penalty is almost as bad as a sack.

could also argue that it is better to hold when you are giving up a sack than it is to actually give up the sack to preserve the QB. :shrug:

If I see a guy clearly being beat commit pass interference on purpose to avoid a touchdown, I am all for the move. Same here.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
1 – No, we get it, the Cardinals are not the best team in the NFL, but it is so much more fun to follow them with Kyler Murray, Kingsbury and the rest of the new coaching staff than it was last year.

2 – I’m just saying that the Tampa Bay Cardinals very nearly won in Seattle last week and beat the Rams a month ago. Again, just saying. It’s not like the Cards lost to a college team. Calm down.

3 – Christian Kirk entered the season.

6 – Kyler Murray beat the record for most passes thrown by a rookie without an interception before throwing that one in the fourth quarter.

8 – Ugh, are you, like me, not satisfied with the defensive line? Well, fear not, my faithful companions! Robert Nkemdiche has become available.

9 – I really like Byron Murphy. He looks like a draft steal.

10 – Did you see Tom Moore on their sideline? I feel so happy for him for still going strong doing what he loves at age 81.

11 – It must be easy to coach wide receivers for the Cards: “see #81? Be like him”. And then your workday is over.

12 – All season – and especially the last three or four games – the offense has been so good to play with tempo, snap the ball fast and get the defense reacting very quickly. Then suddenly they are way too slow on the last drive where they absolutely had to be fast. Couldn’t get the play in, couldn’t get guys lined up, and so on. That really baffled me.

13 – O.J. Howard – tight end for the Bucs – had been invincible all season. Don’t worry, O.J. The Cards’ defense will take care of you.

14 – Big play Isabella.

15 – Well, at least Keim is emotionally invested, huh? That’s a nice suit, man. Be careful.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

#12 is really baffling isn't Gandhi? I mean, you're right, tempo is their thing, and they run it really well in normal game situations.

But in any 2:00 drill situations they've been in this year, (save maybe DET? Can't remember about that game) it's looked like a circus, and that the whole team is has just eaten about a handful of really strong edibles.

Hope its just rookie jitters. Has to be.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
You could argue a holding penalty is almost as bad as a sack.

Nah, with a sack, you lose the down, and your QB probably takes a shot. Plus it gets the opposing defense fired up.

With the penalty at least you save the down, although the loss in yardage is probably greater (on average).

Don't get me wrong, both suck, but if you made me pick one...

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not agree the oline is bad.

The last few weeks they have been average/acceptable.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, with a sack, you lose the down, and your QB probably takes a shot. Plus it gets the opposing defense fired up.

With the penalty at least you save the down, although the loss in yardage is probably greater (on average).

Don't get me wrong, both suck, but if you made me pick one...

That is why I said almost. Holding penalties are usually drive killers, just like sacks are.

OP
OP
Gandhi

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
#12 is really baffling isn't Gandhi? I mean, you're right, tempo is their thing, and they run it really well in normal game situations.

But in any 2:00 drill situations they've been in this year, (save maybe DET? Can't remember about that game) it's looked like a circus, and that the whole team is has just eaten about a handful of really strong edibles.

Hope its just rookie jitters. Has to be.

Have you noticed it before, CW? Okay, because I thought is was very clear this time, but if it has happened before that is just really weird, don't you think? You would think the basics are the same (get playcall, line up, execute).