on the Isabella 55 yarder

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this will sound bad because it was a huge play but am I alone in thinking if he just kept running right he would have scored? he cut it back left and that little change of direction seemed to give the defenders a bit longer to get an angle and eventually catch him.

Great play but live and on replay it seems to me if he just keeps running he scores untouched.

https://www.azcardinals.com/video/isabella-turns-on-the-jets-for-55-yard-gain

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was watching two games at once.

The Isabella play happened before time this play happened.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Andy doesn't have that kind of accelaration and burst. Even on the TD against the 49ers he was almost caught. Still we're better off if Andy trusts his speed. However, he's still really fast so I wondered why he didn't get further...

And @Jetstream Green @Russ Smith the reason he didn't run right?

He caught it with his body. If he uses his hands he catches the ball in stride and possibly outruns the guy.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
you see what they liked about him

some really nice short space shifty-ness and speed

88 and 55 yard RAC in two games

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I don't know who 26 was but on that play he seems a LOT faster than Izzy. I think he made the exact right move cause the safety would of slowed him down plenty for 26 to catch him had he gone right I think he'd of been tackled at most 5 or 10 yards from when he was going to have to dodge the safety to the right and by going left he got a lot more yards in my opinion.

Runners are typically right about this when it's a case of those kinds of angles in the open field, yeah behind the LOS runners will do dumb things like cut back but that's just because they don't like their options and are hoping something opens up and it doesn't.

In this case it's binary left or right choice and their brains do all the calculations that fast it's pretty cool really.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was watching two games at once.

The Isabella play happened before time this play happened.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Andy doesn't have that kind of accelaration and burst. Even on the TD against the 49ers he was almost caught. Still we're better off if Andy trusts his speed. However, he's still really fast so I wondered why he didn't get further...

And @Jetstream Green @Russ Smith the reason he didn't run right?

He caught it with his body. If he uses his hands he catches the ball in stride and possibly outruns the guy.

Andy DOES have that kind of acceleration. You don't become a 100m champion without it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're talking track speed.

Don't get me wrong its really great. Just saying in pads (so far) I've seen Hardman accelerate to another level.

Acceleration is acceleration. You say he doesn't have it, I say that he does. I even have a track record to prove it. pun intended

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
31 wouldve tackled him if he didn't changed directions.

However against the Cardinals, he would've scored. :p

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
after a Zapgruder like analysis of the film, I conclude no, he wouldn't have scored if he had kept going

Murray's pass was just a tad behind him, and he had to hesitate slightly to catch it.

If the ball had been out in front of him, then maybe Russ is right.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after a Zapgruder like analysis of the film, I conclude no, he wouldn't have scored if he had kept going

Murray's pass was just a tad behind him, and he had to hesitate slightly to catch it.

If the ball had been out in front of him, then maybe Russ is right.
We'll never know, but this seems likely.

On the other hand, had Murray cut toward the middle of the field at the end of this play, it seemed to me that he could've scored!
https://www.azcardinals.com/video/kyler-murray-best-plays-vs-buccaneers-in-week-10

...dave

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We'll never know, but this seems likely.

On the other hand, had Murray cut toward the middle of the field at the end of this play, it seemed to me that he could've scored!
https://www.azcardinals.com/video/kyler-murray-best-plays-vs-buccaneers-in-week-10

...dave

I thought so too but they showed another replay where there was a safety there. Still he might have gotten another 10 yards and if he makes the safety miss, he's gone.

I'm still ok with it, I want him to protect himself so if he gets the first down and leaves some yards out there to get out of bounds I'm ok.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave