KK sucks azz too

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The way I understand it the communications from the coach to the QB is shutoff with 15 seconds to go on the play clock but I am assuming it's turned back on once the play is over so even in a hurry up offense a coach can quickly communicate a play to the QB while they are lining up for the next play. You would think then that the coach should have a idea of which pay he wants to call next or at east a couple based on the results of the previous play. Maybe that's part of KK's problem he isn't thinking far enough ahead or just can't handle processing that much information fast enough.
In this hurry up 2 Min drills, you need the QB to decide more or less the play, because he has to get it out as fast as possible, if he waits for the call from the sideline and needs to set up the call like in the huddle, one play will take 10-15 seconds to start, that was, what happend. KM wanted the perfect play and waited to get the call from the sidline, where he should have called him self a no huddle fast pace offense. That more or less is what was said after the game.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep. The already did it at the end of the half as well.

The run on first down was fine. It was the waiting 30+ seconds on 2nd to snap the ball that was tough to watch
Yes indeed they did it twice in 1:30 or less and one in 2 mins so basically 3 times in 1:30 or less with a time out or the last 5 minutes when an incompletion stops the time.

Basically we needed to take time off the clock to get sure we win. Running was, the right call to to not let them enough time on the clock. That was really good game and time managment, way better than BA ever showed in that regard. Not calling the Timeout to have it for the FG was another great asset. But like you said, the 30 seconds, that was bad, really bad, that has to change.

But really, some of you here are still blinded by hatred and or still dissapointed that KK got the job.

I was neutral to the hiring and to KM but for now, Keim has me thinking, that he got really his act together. And even the Isabella "benching" is understandable, his body catching is problematic, cause he hinders himself to be really good. If he would catch well with his hands, he would had a TD yesterday. And I understand, that the Coach thinks he has to get this body catching out of the system, because often player revert to old habbits when it counts or they are nervous/under pressure. I hope that Andy gets it done with the hands asap but if he needs the whole season and is ready next year, that would be great. Meanwhile he has over 174 yards 1 TD for the season, if he continues like this he will have around 600 yards this year, that would be okay for a #2 round WR and be more than what kirk acomplished last year and only ~200 yards less than Fitz.

On an other note, Pharoh Cooper has the best year of hi career as a WR more yards then before and if he stays like this he will double his career output. (elevating talent *cough*)

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you think this is the worst coached game you have ever seen, you must have a short memory. Dave McGinnis, Vince Tobin, hell, even Steve Wilks last year.

You haven’t watched more than 3 football games then.

Did you miss the entire last season Philly? Just curiosity as this statement is just crazy talk!

Point taken gang. In my defense I'm angry and emotional right now and deeply rooted in hyperbole, but that doesn't change the fact that there was some damn hair tearing moments in that game yesterday. Please someone, anyone defend that nonsensical fake punt we pulled, successful only because of a great adjustment by Pharoe, and a pass interference. Please defend the play calling both on offense and defense, and please defend the overall resistance to play to this team's strengths when it counts the most. It's week in and week out. I'm being extra because I just don't like this coach. I apologize to all of you and will try with everything I have to not be so emotional going forward!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The way I understand it the communications from the coach to the QB is shutoff with 15 seconds to go on the play clock but I am assuming it's turned back on once the play is over so even in a hurry up offense a coach can quickly communicate a play to the QB while they are lining up for the next play. You would think then that the coach should have a idea of which pay he wants to call next or at east a couple based on the results of the previous play. Maybe that's part of KK's problem he isn't thinking far enough ahead or just can't handle processing that much information fast enough.
QBs call the plays at the line in the two minute drill.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Point taken gang. In my defense I'm angry and emotional right now and deeply rooted in hyperbole, but that doesn't change the fact that there was some damn hair tearing moments in that game yesterday. Please someone, anyone defend that nonsensical fake punt we pulled, successful only because of a great adjustment by Pharoe, and a pass interference. Please defend the play calling both on offense and defense, and please defend the overall resistance to play to this team's strengths when it counts the most. It's week in and week out. I'm being extra because I just don't like this coach. I apologize to all of you and will try with everything I have to not be so emotional going forward!

It's cool bro. All view points are allowed.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Okay now I’m curious, who here thinks it’s a smart strategy to run with 1:43 left in game in which you’re trailing with the goal being to run clock so your opponent doesn’t have enough time to score after you score.

I will unabashedly report that in my mind this is one of single dumbest reasons to run - to milk clock - when you’re trailing with only 1:43 left and you’re 75 yards from winning the ballgame.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Okay now I’m curious, who here thinks it’s a smart strategy to run with 1:43 left in game in which you’re trailing with the goal being to run clock so your opponent doesn’t have enough time to score after you score.

I will unabashedly report that in my mind this is one of single dumbest reasons to run - to milk clock - when you’re trailing with only 1:43 left and you’re 75 yards from winning the ballgame.

Certainly not me sir. I really did not like that play call at all. Loathed it in fact.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

That was a Kliff call. He tried to catch them in a blitz.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That was a Kliff call. He tried to catch them in a blitz.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
You’re not understanding my question. I’m not asking if you (or Kliff) would run trying to catch the D unprepared to get yardage. I’m asking would you try to milk clock with the ball at the 25 and 1:43 left. That’s what’s being argued, that they had to run to milk clock so the other team wouldn’t have enough time to comeback and score again. I think that’s patently absurd.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but I met someone close to Murray this weekend. He basically said Kingsbury is keeping Murray reigned in

Kyler wants to run more and take more shots deep but Kingsbury doesn't want him taking big hits or expose him to a ton of adversity

Everything is about growing this year, learning, and being ready for next season

So these odd coaching choices are experimenting and learning for him too

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but I met someone close to Murray this weekend. He basically said Kingsbury is keeping Murray reigned in

Kyler wants to run more and take more shots deep but Kingsbury doesn't want him taking big hits or expose him to a ton of adversity

Everything is about growing this year, learning, and being ready for next season

So these odd coaching choices are experimenting and learning for him too

If this is what they called "reigned" in, I wonder what he will look like with a guard, wr1 and solid consistent pass catching te and experience.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
College coaches converting to the NFL you would think would suck at clock management at the NFL level just because .... well just because.

I mean you could get lucky and get one who intuitively was a genius at it but it's just very unlikely because it's so much more important in the NFL compared to college.

The margin of victory is so much closer in the NFL you would expect a first year coach to donk their head on about every possible way to screw this up their first year.

However after an offseason to think about it you would hope that they can adjust and digest the magnitude of it's importance if they have any game theory IQ at all.

I don't think we're that caught up in winning games but more so caught up in learning this year and teaching and building and nothing I see is all that inconsistent with that MO.

Yeah you'd like coaching and play calling to be polished to a high sheen right out of the gate but that was very unlikely to happen, almost all that goes on I take with a grain of salt but next year I would expect massive improvements in things.

KK has a basic year to just prove he belongs in the NFL. So far so good but ultimately the honeymoon will dry up after this year and he'll be expected to start stacking wins.

We'll know soon enough if he's the real deal the clock starts ticking next year and while the goal might not be the Super Bowl it's at least a very big improvement from this year which should start winning games on a regular basis.

I like KM and think he's going to be very good but the team is just not that good around him yet. I think we're innovative and will be much more so next year.

I don't think we're that far away from being a better than average team just because of KM but to be an elite team will take a year or two more.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it is excusable, considering we scored with too much time in the 1st half and our defense allowed them to march down the field. When you have 1:43, and 2 time outs, running isn't a terrible strategy. Wasting 30+ seconds after that is inexcusable.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You’re not understanding my question. I’m not asking if you (or Kliff) would run trying to catch the D unprepared to get yardage. I’m asking would you try to milk clock with the ball at the 25 and 1:43 left. That’s what’s being argued, that they had to run to milk clock so the other team wouldn’t have enough time to comeback and score again. I think that’s patently absurd.
Oh...my bad. No, I would not run the ball in that situation with the intention of running clock.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
College coaches converting to the NFL you would think would suck at clock management at the NFL level just because .... well just because.

I mean you could get lucky and get one who intuitively was a genius at it but it's just very unlikely because it's so much more important in the NFL compared to college.

The margin of victory is so much closer in the NFL you would expect a first year coach to donk their head on about every possible way to screw this up their first year.

However after an offseason to think about it you would hope that they can adjust and digest the magnitude of it's importance if they have any game theory IQ at all.

I don't think we're that caught up in winning games but more so caught up in learning this year and teaching and building and nothing I see is all that inconsistent with that MO.

Yeah you'd like coaching and play calling to be polished to a high sheen right out of the gate but that was very unlikely to happen, almost all that goes on I take with a grain of salt but next year I would expect massive improvements in things.

KK has a basic year to just prove he belongs in the NFL. So far so good but ultimately the honeymoon will dry up after this year and he'll be expected to start stacking wins.

We'll know soon enough if he's the real deal the clock starts ticking next year and while the goal might not be the Super Bowl it's at least a very big improvement from this year which should start winning games on a regular basis.

I like KM and think he's going to be very good but the team is just not that good around him yet. I think we're innovative and will be much more so next year.

I don't think we're that far away from being a better than average team just because of KM but to be an elite team will take a year or two more.

Well at least the Cardinals have your attention again conrad. :)

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is amazing the excuses given to a guy with head coaching experience when he makes an appallingly misguided play call given time and score and then it is compounded by a lackadaisical approach to the next play.

He has coached in these situations before. His entire offense has basically been one giant two minute drill. Yes the NFL is slightly different but c'mon man. This is a lesson he should have learned as OC at A&M.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok clown thinks KK sucks azz.... move along clown, might as well not watch the Cardinals until we have a better coach.... see you then!!

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Don't tell other posters to not follow our team. You are new here, but that is not allowed.
point taken. very cheap response out of me to just tell him to stop watching but his constant complaining is tiring.

If I was frustrated with the HC, the QBOF, and the GM then I wouldnt be watching the cardinals, let alone spend my time on a forum. seems odd.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
point taken. very cheap response out of me to just tell him to stop watching but his constant complaining is tiring.

If I was frustrated with the HC, the QBOF, and the GM then I wouldnt be watching the cardinals, let alone spend my time on a forum. seems odd.

You must not be a fan for a long time I’ve been frustrated with the HC GM and mostly every player since I became a fan in the early 90s. It’s like part of the package that comes with being a cards fan lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

That's what goes on here, that's the point of the board. All of us love the team and show it in various ways, just because Ouchie is not liking something is showing that he likes the team so much he wants it to improve so they'll be better just in the same way some will see the good in even the worst games. Bottom line is we're all fans of the Cards and want us to be great

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That's what goes on here, that's the point of the board. All of us love the team and show it in various ways, just because Ouchie is not liking something is showing that he likes the team so much he wants it to improve so they'll be better just in the same way some will see the good in even the worst games. Bottom line is we're all fans of the Cards and want us to be great
Well said.

Ouchie’s a great, passionate fan, who has even told me to hold off when I’m being too much of a darksider. But we’re all entitled to our opinions, and the Cards have always been more bad than good. It’s toughing through those times and coming back for more that makes us true fans, instead of fair weather fans.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must not be a fan for a long time I’ve been frustrated with the HC GM and mostly every player since I became a fan in the early 90s. It’s like part of the package that comes with being a cards fan lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've attended nearly every home game since I was 5 (1999) and the father and grandfather deemed me worth bringing.

If I was so frustrated with the HC GM and QB that I'm trashing them online I probably would just take a step back from being a fan. Obviously criticism is deserved and thats what fans do but some people are so negative here I wonder why they come here to torture themselves.

But, to each his own!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose