• Herbert

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Lawrence

Votes: 12 16.9%

• Total voters

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KM has exceeded my expectations by miles.... When given time, the kid can throw darts with the best of them.

Where is that thread about how many snaps will go over his head? I think it's still zero no?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will absolutely root for KM going forward, but we don't even know if he's a legit NFL starter yet. Baker Mayfield lit the league on fire for a stretch, but isn't all there this year.

All we can do is hope for his continued development.
u keep repeating it
Do u have to convince yourself?
U can write what you really think about murray
The forum is enough democratic

Last edited:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah, for all we know. We are completely just prognosticating here. This poll isn't "who is the best NFL QB right now," because there would only be one answer.
Exactly. We want to say Murray because he's our guy so I casted my vote with extreme bias lol. We just don't know, Murray has the leg up right now because he is in the NFL, the others on the list................? Time will tell.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
u keep repeating it
Do u have to convince yourself?
U can write what you really think about murray
The forum is enough democratic
I keep repeating myself because just as recently as yesterday someone said they weren't sure to believe that I feel pretty good about him because of what I said during the draft.

And that people assume for some reason that I like watching this team lose, and would revel in them losing so I could be right to a bunch of people online.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
KM has exceeded my expectations by miles.... When given time, the kid can throw darts with the best of them.

Where is that thread about how many snaps will go over his head? I think it's still zero no?
How about the thread that said KM wouldn`t be sacked because of his amazing athletic ability and pocket awareness?

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I keep repeating myself because just as recently as yesterday someone said they weren't sure to believe that I feel pretty good about him because of what I said during the draft.

And that people assume for some reason that I like watching this team lose, and would revel in them losing so I could be right to a bunch of people online.

Who gives a flying **** what the cultist say? Last I heard this was still a free country and that pertained to this messageboard also.Not being a KM cheerleader doesn`t mean you don`t root for the team.For the record I remain skeptical but do like the progress shown.Lots of style points but the wins are lacking and that is to be expected this year.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe I'm just ignorant, but why are people so high on Hebert? He seems like another player from a mid-tier Power 5 school who's just tall and has a decent arm (Rosen, Bortles, Paxton Lynch, poo, any Broncos QB since Elway took the reins). Why are people so high on him? Seems like a bust/future Bronco.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I will absolutely root for KM going forward, but we don't even know if he's a legit NFL starter yet. Baker Mayfield lit the league on fire for a stretch, but isn't all there this year.

I stick up for you alot...but dang it's hard some times. o_O he is currently a legit NFL starter. Live in the present moment bro. Life will be easier :)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I stick up for you alot...but dang it's hard some times. o_O he is currently a legit NFL starter. Live in the present moment bro. Life will be easier :)
He is playing well but still only has three wins under his belt. Like I said, Baker Mayfield came in and set the world on fire and has more than come back down to earth. It's happened to a ton of players.

Live in the present, but let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. Remember, this guy could turn out to be Kirk Cousins in terms of statistics and the win column, and people will want to run him out of town.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He is playing well but still only has three wins under his belt. Like I said, Baker Mayfield came in and set the world on fire and has more than come back down to earth. It's happened to a ton of players.

Live in the present, but let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. Remember, this guy could turn out to be Kirk Cousins in terms of statistics and the win column, and people will want to run him out of town.
Anybody who has watched more than two minutes of Cardinals football this year should be able to tell that there are a lot of reasons for this teams record that are out of Murray's control.

How many QBs in this league could lead this team to more wins than they currently have? Let alone in their rookie season?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Anybody who has watched more than two minutes of Cardinals football this year should be able to tell that there are a lot of reasons for this teams record that are out of Murray's control.

How many QBs in this league could lead this team to more wins than they currently have? Let alone in their rookie season?
This isn't worth fighting hypotheticals, because you're just going to disagree that there's any potential for KM not to be the best there ever was and will be.

We have no clue. But there are reasons out of control for plenty of QBs I have supported on this board, while still getting told they're awful and that I don't get football.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This isn't worth fighting hypotheticals, because you're just going to disagree that there's any potential for KM not to be the best there ever was and will be.

We have no clue. But there are reasons out of control for plenty of QBs I have supported on this board, while still getting told they're awful and that I don't get football.

The closest thing I can think of in relation to the hype for Murray was the hype for Plummer. A lot of people thought he was the QBOTF after 1998 and would lead us to a SB. What a mistake his next 4 years with the cards he never had a .500 record. You could also blame that on coaching and scheme since he had 3 great years with Denver after he left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The closest thing I can think of in relation to the hype for Murray was the hype for Plummer. A lot of people thought he was the QBOTF after 1998 and would lead us to a SB. What a mistake his next 4 years with the cards he never had a .500 record. You could also blame that on coaching and scheme since he had 3 great years with Denver after he left.

Glad you brought up Plummer, because I agree, a lot of people were hitching their wagons to him, myself included, and I had been meaning to go back and take a look at Plummers stats.

Unfortunately, Jake the Snake was a turnover machine.

In 1998 he had 20 Ints, and five lost fumbles vs. just 21 total TDs (17 passing, four running). QB rating of 75.0

1999, 25 more turnovers vs. just 10 total TDs (9 passing, 1 rushing). QB rating of 50.8

2000, 25 turnovers vs. 13 TDs QB rating of 66.00

Little different era back then, a little less QB and passing game friendly, but Plummer was no where near the prospect that Murray is.

Plummer just looked good compared to guys like Tom Tupa, and Gary Hoggeboom.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm with you. I sure as hell hope he's the guy, but through 10 games he's been a better fantasy QB than winning QB. There's time for that to grow, and it's not all on him. but as it stands, he hasn't beaten/tied any winning teams.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with you. I sure as hell hope he's the guy, but through 10 games he's been a better fantasy QB than winning QB. There's time for that to grow, and it's not all on him. but as it stands, he hasn't beaten/tied any winning teams.
Good QBs lose on bad football teams. Prime example is Matt Ryan right now and he is a veteran QB. You know as well as anyone here how bad the talent around Murray is and yet you are going to judge him based off of win total?

It's really not complicated. If the defense and offensive talent around him was better we would be scoring more and allowing less and we would be winning a lot more games. You argument would make more sense if KM was playing poorly and thus was the cause for the losses, but that's not what's happening.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Good QBs lose on bad football teams. Prime example is Matt Ryan right now and he is a veteran QB. You know as well as anyone here how bad the talent around Murray is and yet you are going to judge him based off of win total?

It's really not complicated. If the defense and offensive talent around him was better we would be scoring more and allowing less and we would be winning a lot more games. You argument would make more sense if KM was playing poorly and thus was the cause for the losses, but that's not what's happening.
I’m not even really making an argument besides “one season makes a QB.”

There’s just guys who have come out, looked very promising, and not developed into a guy who is elite. Lots of wild claims being put out there.

Go ask this question anywhere that isn’t a Cardinals board, and the results will be wildly different.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

This is just a straight up asinine comment and Im surprised more people aren't calling you out on it.

LOL breaking NFL rookie records, the qb that had the best game statistically against the vaunted 9ers defense and you are still doubting he could start in this league??? And you bring up Baker whose problem is Kitchens as an example???

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is just a straight up asinine comment and Im surprised more people aren't calling you out on it.

LOL breaking NFL rookie records, the qb that had the best game statistically against the vaunted 9ers defense and you are still doubting he could start in this league??? And you bring up Baker whose problem is Kitchens as an example???
I get it, you think KM is infallible and can never possibly stumble. We’ve danced this dance a million times by now.

Rookie records are all well and good. He looks like a solid player. But it’s laughable that you handwave away any negativity when it doesn’t support your argument. Baker’s only problem is Kitchens, despite being surrounded by amazing talent that should overcome most of that? Come on. That’s just the most recent example. We have RG3, Jameis Winston, Vince Young, plenty of guys who came out as dynamos/set records that didn’t turn out. But I’m sure you’ll have someone else to blame for each of them that couldn’t possibly happen to us.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one said he would not get sacked, just that he was quick enough to avoid a lot of sacks. Which has turned out to be true.

He has avoided a lot but a huge part of his learning is going to be improving in those situations where he escapes but still has a negative play

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave