You wanna crown the Cardinals?

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Linear extrapolation of "feeling good" about next season when past 3 season failed and when current season is circling the drain is pretty amazing.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Linear extrapolation of "feeling good" about next season when past 3 season failed and when current season is circling the drain is pretty amazing.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk
I can agree with this. The reason BA’s first year was so encouraging is that we went out there and actually beat some of these teams. He cultivated a feeling that we could truly fight with anyone and come out with a win.

This year’s successes feel so much more empty, because we’re losing on account of bad coaching decisions and a major lack of talent, whereas back then it was like “if we can just build up some things here or here, we’ll be really good,” followed by a bad bounce of the ball or something.

The 49ers game is the most encouraging sign to me so far, but I’d love to see us either put our foot on the throat of a bad team, or upset someone good but actually come away with the W.

Hard to believe the season is only 6 games longer.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let’s make this simple. Last year, we were unwatchable on BOTH sides of the ball. This year, we’re unwatchable on defense. Definitely an improvement overall.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Let’s make this simple. Last year, we were unwatchable on BOTH sides of the ball. This year, we’re unwatchable on defense. Definitely an improvement overall.
Fair if you see it that way, but people are allowed to have different thoughts on how they see it.

It's simple to you, but for me, like Arz101 said, I see a team in the 4th year of a losing effort, and a team still incapable of acquiring young talent. There's a realistic chance that we end up with nothing but an a tie to add to last year's record, and this league is measured in wins, not moral victories.

And at the end of the day, I'd rather lose by a mile than an inch. It's way more demoralizing to not be able to get over the hump every single week than to not have a chance. If we lose bad, I can let it go instead of brooding over it all week.

And the issue is, we have as much going out in talent as we'll be able to bring in next year. Gotta replace/pay two OTs, probably a center, replace Fitz, replace Suggs, determine if PP21 is part of our long term plans or needs to be moved, Rodney Gunter/DE...

And that's just the guys likely to leave, not who we'd like to upgrade if we could. That's a lot!

Very concerning.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
There are some bright spots and a couple of options, but still a ton of holes to fill that are going to take a while to fill. I worry that we are on a crash course to become a carbon copy of KK's TT teams.

Let me ease your concerns then sir.

At Texas Tech, KK had a huge, built in recruiting disadvantage.

The NFL, however, is of course excellent at creating parity. We have just as much chance to build a great defense as does SEA, or SF, or NO, etc.

I'm confident that Stevie Keim is going to make a concerted effort to rebuild the defense in the coming off-season. The question is, how successful will he be in this endeavor?

With so much cap space, and pretty decent draft position, I like his chances.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have been in every game for the most part except for one or two. Big difference when we all knew we were out of it by halftime last year