OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brandon_Webb,

The only reason I made this thread is cuz I know you are young. I once was like you. Set in my favorite. I wanted to see if you would talk bad about hip-hop, and you did. I grew up on hip-hop, country from my mom, and eventually rock/punk/ska.

I never heard a Tool song in it's entirety. Your a good sport though.

Only hoping to broaden musical genres.

Gee!

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
Gee! said:
Brandon_Webb,

The only reason I made this thread is cuz I know you are young. I once was like you. Set in my favorite. I wanted to see if you would talk bad about hip-hop, and you did. I grew up on hip-hop, country from my mom, and eventually rock/punk/ska.

Gee!
The only rap I actually find like is Eazy-E, and a little bit of NWA. "Boyz in da Hood" is an awesome song.

As for my musical genres, I think they are quite broad, especially for my age. I like everything from Folk-Rock to Proggresive Metal, to Alternitive Indie.

BigRedVol

All Star
Reaction score
I Didn't Like....

andikrist said:
I liked the religion bashing, the ambitous arrangements.
But when I started hearing the SAME themes and sound on the next record, then the next record, I lost interest.

And to think, I didn't like and still don't, the religious bashings. I just choose to ignore the words, like I ignore other religious bashing, and I go for the awesome show and the cool ass drum licks and guitar solos...;)

TOOL is a MUST SEE concert for EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee! said:
Brandon_Webb,

Gee!

I never discourage anyone from discussing their favorite genres (despite if the majority doesnt appreciate/embrace it as much) because of how I want everyone to broaden their tastes, but I hope it doesnt seem that I become "too preachy" or a "musical snob" in any manner because as I always say... everyone is obviously entitled to their own taste/opinion and noone should be forced whatsoever or have to really justify themselves..........

I so happen embrace every genre (well...except most of what they consider as "Young Country") because from an extremely young age, my parents had an extensive record collection consisting of The Beatles, The Bee Gees, Buddy Holly, Billy Joel, Chuck Mangione, Stevie Wonder, Coasters, The Drifters, Chicago...etc (could go on and on as usual) that I never was one-dimensional in what I would listen to.....

That still applies today that I really love discovering newer styles/genres etc because music to me will always be an outlet and a constant in so many ways.....

I apologize if I tend to go "overboard" at times because I've always been passionate/enthusiastic about music (or anything related to it) that I sometimes cant contain myself! :D

As far as Tool....I must admit that I havent listened to "Lateralus" compared to their first 2 releases, however, I still regard Maynard as a musical genius for being successful with 2 bands and having 2 different sounds in the process.... that's extremely impressive......

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
KLL said:
As far as Tool....I must admit that I havent listened to "Lateralus" compared to their first 2 releases, however, I still regard Maynard as a musical genius for being successful with 2 bands and having 2 different sounds in the process.... that's extremely impressive......
Buy it, now. It's better then Ænima and all the other CD's. For me it goes like this

Lateralus>Ænima>Salival>Undertow>Opiate

Heh, opposite order of release.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:clapping::rockon::band::rockon::clapping:

PHOENIX – Arizona’s most famous winemaker is hitting the road this fall with his bandmates, including a show in his adopted state.

That’s right, Maynard James Keenan and Tool didn’t just release their looooooooooooong-awaited new album Friday; they also announced a slate of North American shows in October and November.

The prog metal titans will stop at Gila River Arena in Glendale on Oct. 23.

Tickets go on sale to the general public Sept. 6 at 10 a.m. Arizona time.

https://ktar.com/story/2713924/tool...after-releasing-highly-anticipated-new-album/

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So happy they are on spotify now and totally logging into the site next friday to find out how much the tickets are to the show in october

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have only heard the first two albums and absolutely love them. looking for time to sit and listen to the newer three without distraction.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol

totally new thread to me btw

tool and primus are gods. blasphemy.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm near done with fear inoculum, turned it on when I left work. Lots of super technical interesting stuff but no songs have really punched me in the face like a lot of the first two albums did.

The interludes are pretty cool. Hearing a lot of what seems like familiar beats throughout the album but maybe it's just because of the similar sound

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And then 7empest comes on and steals the show

Edit: a 15 minute song? Lol. They aren't playing around. I don't see how any of these songs come to the radio. I think all of them were over ten minutes

Last edited:

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm loving this new album. I have had it going all weekend. Really looking forward to seeing them live again.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My co-worker went to Target and bought the album ($40) on Friday morning and brought it in to work and had an unboxing. Really deluxe packaging and a cool video screen with a long video playing. The band definitely put a lot of thought into the album after such a long absence.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm loving this new album. I have had it going all weekend. Really looking forward to seeing them live again.

I need to play it again. There are a lot of really phenomenal parts but it seems it is always a long listen vs a one song at a time listen. I hope to be at the show, hoping tickets arent $150+ when I pull it up on Friday. Wouldnt be surprised. Already skipping or skipped the black keys because even nose bleed seats were over $100. I can only bring myself to drop large amounts for certain events and might do it regardless for Tool.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show all but sold out in like 30 mins. All that was left was one section of nosebleeds.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Show all but sold out in like 30 mins. All that was left was one section of nosebleeds.

Re-sellers ruined it. I'm hoping prices come back to Earth as the show approaches.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that was an epic show however monetizing the floor and putting seats all over it took away form the experience. Maynard is the kind of guy that wants people to feel his music but then putting everyone in order and stuck in one spot isnt much of a rock and roll experience. Kicking people out for taking photos is kind of bunk too but it was nice to not have a bunch of phones impeding my vision the whole show.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tool is coming back on 1/18/20! Tickets go on sale this Friday.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tool is coming back on 1/18/20! Tickets go on sale this Friday.
ugh every website is banned at work lol

did you see if it is with killing joke again? It seems they are just continuing the same tour and since AZ sold out in seconds, its probably the same show.

It was worth the overpriced admission even with the putting everyone on the floor in seats. Id much prefer an open floor so you can jump up and down/mosh/whatever people want to do at a metal show but its a great show.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They haven't announced an opener for this round that I've seen.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave