KK sucks azz too

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Granted but this team needs talent on defense so winning meaningless games at this point doesn’t really help the team. We are not a playoff team so the losses as long as competitive are nice growing experience and hopefully we can get some talent drafted on the D which is the problem on this team period!!!

I agree. We are not a playoff team, and we all know that. As long as we're playing competitive football THIS year, I don't care if we lose out. Yes, it's very frustrating. But it'll be easier to build this team if we're picking 5-8, than if we're picking 15. If not for last year's debacle, we wouldn't have Murray right now. KK's ability to draw up some decent plays FAR, FAR, FAR exceeds his poor time management skills. He's a rookie HC, and the time management part of it will improve with experience. Vance Joseph...….that could be different. At this point in time, I'm not sure if it's him or the lack of talent on that side of the ball.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m fine with KK being our HC. If he’s still having game management issues next season with better talent then I’ll hop off the train.

Amen. This is exactly how I feel. It's way, way too early to be critical of his issues with game management.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Clearly, the 2 minute drill needs work. KK said that Murray spent too much time at the end of the game trying to get into the perfect play. Chalk it up as a learning experience. Both K1 and K2 need to get better at it next year, but I'm not going to sweat it. This year is all about development for both K1 and K2.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think both of them crapped the bed in the last five minutes today.
Sad part is the real crappers cost us 13 points. Kyler nor KK should have been in the situation we were in. Max drop, DJ fumble and PPs offside. Not to mention a defense that allowed the opposition to drive 80 + yards not once but twice in under 3 minutes.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sad part is the real crappers cost us 13 points. Kyler nor KK should have been in the situation we were in. Max drop, DJ fumble and PPs offside. Not to mention a defense that allowed the opposition to drive 80 + yards not once but twice in under 3 minutes.
While you’re absolutely correct, those things did happen. So kk and kyler have to deal with the actual real world fact pattern facing them as a result. And today, given the end of game fact pattern they crapped the bed - in that moment.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why is it too early to be critical of a repeated shortcoming? And game management has nothing to do with talent.

It's fine if you want to be critical of his game management. Hell, there were critics after the opener. For me, at this juncture, I'm more interested in his play calling than game management. And I'm not saying that's perfect either. Far from it. But, I've seen enough to be excited as we move forward and hopefully improve the talent on this team. I'm not ashamed to say that winning for me THIS year isn't important. But, unlike last year, by Friday, I'm excited to watch this team. There is hope again. I'm fine if we end up with a top 5 pick again. We are AWFUL on the defensive side of the ball. We need studs there ASAP. Don't worry, come next year, I'll be more critical of KK if need be.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Clearly, the 2 minute drill needs work. KK said that Murray spent too much time at the end of the game trying to get into the perfect play. Chalk it up as a learning experience. Both K1 and K2 need to get better at it next year, but I'm not going to sweat it. This year is all about development for both K1 and K2.

Wait... Kingsbury threw Murray under the bus?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It's fine if you want to be critical of his game management. Hell, there were critics after the opener. For me, at this juncture, I'm more interested in his play calling than game management. And I'm not saying that's perfect either. Far from it. But, I've seen enough to be excited as we move forward and hopefully improve the talent on this team. I'm not ashamed to say that winning for me THIS year isn't important. But, unlike last year, by Friday, I'm excited to watch this team. There is hope again. I'm fine if we end up with a top 5 pick again. We are AWFUL on the defensive side of the ball. We need studs there ASAP. Don't worry, come next year, I'll be more critical of KK if need be.

Such a reasonable post. You really have your head on straight PA.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

What the hell is that suppose to mean? Seriously isn't Murray suppose to run the play sent in by KK?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
While you’re absolutely correct, those things did happen. So kk and kyler have to deal with the actual real world fact pattern facing them as a result. And today, given the end of game fact pattern they crapped the bed - in that moment.

Who are you blaming? KK put the Cardinals in the position to win several times. That fake punt was freaking brilliant. The 4th down play was as well.

Be pissed because we didn't execute at critical times but that's not on KK.

This team is so much better than last year with mediocre talent on offense and a rookie QBOF.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think what you say is fair. I suppose my issue is this is a repeating problem. When I see that in a coach it tells me they are either unable to learn from past experience or too stubborn to recognize, admit, and fox their errors (this is what I dislike about Arians). Either way it’s a looming issue imo.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
what im not so hung up on with KK:

game management -- for now.

im a bit more conservative than KK has been so far: Im a believer that in close games in the first three quarters, you take points when you can get them. I would've kicked the FG on the Maxx drop in the third quarter.

I also think some of that aggressiveness is a function of knowing he has a D that isn't going to stop anyone.

what I am concerned with:

from drive to drive -- the offense seems to work (drive for points) or fail miserably ( three and out while moving backwards). Again: they scored 27 points while also going 1 for 10 on third down.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’s not learning. He’s getting worse at game management.

Ouchie I swear. That game was as bad a coached game I have seen in my lifetime. He acted as if we were playing Rice University and not the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has regressed, and I dislike him more and more each week.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouchie I swear. That game was as bad a coached game I have seen in my lifetime. He acted as if we were playing Rice University and not the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has regressed, and I dislike him more and more each week.

If you think this is the worst coached game you have ever seen, you must have a short memory. Dave McGinnis, Vince Tobin, hell, even Steve Wilks last year.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Did you miss the entire last season Philly? Just curiosity as this statement is just crazy talk!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell is that suppose to mean? Seriously isn't Murray suppose to run the play sent in by KK?

I was confused too you could see Kyler looking to the bench for playcalls so if he's calling his own plays they need to just let him do it. Unless he just didn't feel comfortable doing so in which case I guess I can see it with a rookie.

But we took way too long on the last drive.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I was confused too you could see Kyler looking to the bench for playcalls so if he's calling his own plays they need to just let him do it. Unless he just didn't feel comfortable doing so in which case I guess I can see it with a rookie.

But we took way too long on the last drive.

The way I understand it the communications from the coach to the QB is shutoff with 15 seconds to go on the play clock but I am assuming it's turned back on once the play is over so even in a hurry up offense a coach can quickly communicate a play to the QB while they are lining up for the next play. You would think then that the coach should have a idea of which pay he wants to call next or at east a couple based on the results of the previous play. Maybe that's part of KK's problem he isn't thinking far enough ahead or just can't handle processing that much information fast enough.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This could be the funniest statement made me n the board all day.
No you know that is true, if Kirk gets the ball behind the CB that is a TD and 1:30 left on the clock, with our D that would have been enough time for TB with 1 Timeout to win...

Yes our D is that bad, and you know that is true, we saw it, they marched down in 1 minute 30 to score the TD.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you know that is true, if Kirk gets the ball behind the CB that is a TD and 1:30 left on the clock, with our D that would have been enough time for TB with 1 Timeout to win...

Yes our D is that bad, and you know that is true, we saw it, they marched down in 1 minute 30 to score the TD.

Yep. The already did it at the end of the half as well.

The run on first down was fine. It was the waiting 30+ seconds on 2nd to snap the ball that was tough to watch

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose