Why I’m not too upset

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m freaking upset - when we can at least mimic a successful run game we can win, that last 3rd down Tb dline lined up for a running start at our oline- and fans blame it on the oline ? Bowles is like You want to disrespect us by passing every down - watch this you one dimensional sorry excuse for a pro football team. Yea yea - DJ could go to a different team and be a superstar, but not on this team - addicted to the pass allergic to the run
Yes you have to run the ball. BUT, when a defense is exceptionally good at something why beat your head against the wall? Attack their weakness, which is what we did. We did not lose this game because we couldn’t run the ball. We lost because we made too many mistakes.

I understand your theory but it doesn’t hold a drop of water in regards to this game.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why is everyone saying Josh Jacobs is the "runaway OROY"? Because he had 16 carries for 71 yards and a TD vs. the Chargers?

He's on pace for 1,300 or 1,400 rushing yards, okay. But he's not much of a receiving threat. He's having a very good/great season, but K1 is on pace for 4,600 yards of total offense!

And let's be honest, playing QB in the NFL is a larger learning curve compared to a rookie playing RB.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Agree 100% with Cardiac's post. Lots of "glass is half full" positives on this team with lots of "glass is half empty" negatives. Certainly, no one thought this team had a playoff roster. Losing is always disappointing, but we shouldn't be surprised. It's definitely a rebuild and this is year one. We need 2 or 3 difference makers on both sides of the ball and that will probably take two more offseasons. If we strike gold in the draft and free agency we may be able to do it on one season. Chances of striking gold...slim.

Morty

Veteran
Reaction score
Positives:

Isabella is showing why we drafted him so high, amazing speed and quick cutting ability.

Murray has excellent touch and accuracy, especially on the long ball.

Chandler Jones is better than PP2 thinks PP2 is.

Gunther is a solid DLineman.

Fitz still does some amazing things, keep him until he needs a cane.

Corey Peters is dude.

Our run D has improved.

Murphy looks to be a solid addition.

Hicks makes plays and just needs a stud next to him.

Reddick isn't that stud but he keeps improving even if it's only by a little bit each game.

That fake punt play was Awesome.

We see Budda Baker making plays more and more each week.

Kirk is more than just good.

Negatives:

PP2 isn't what he use to be.

Vance Joseph is the Dutch boy, plugs one hole just to create another one.

I think we all know if you play fantasy FB you must start the oppositions TE.

We can't run a screen and can't defend one. (Historically this has always been the case)

Oline is better than last year but still not good enough.

I can't stand Brennan or whatever his name is, dude gets paid to announce FB games and doesn't know anything about FB.

Summation:

I hate losing when it's obvious we could have and should have won the game but this year is far more entertaining and at times even fun to watch.

I believe KK is doing a very good job and is learning as he goes, very bright future IMO.

K1 is going to be a top 5 QB in this league. His height does limit him some but shore up the interior of the Oline and some more experience and he will lead us to the promised land.

Vance Joseph concerns me some but he needs some more talent.

Sherfield, Byrd and Cooper are basically the same guy, one of the three is enough for this team IMO.
Great analysis. Good enough for its own thread!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I woke up very upset with the loss..... but remembered that when our play regresses to the mean we will be a force to be reckoned with!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
The Cardinals are a 3-6-1 team and that is who they are right now. A team that struggles to win close games and when they win it's a close game. This is a team that has no consistency from game to game and players who are just as in consistent. Kirk had a great game yesterday and next week he will probably vanish. Gunter had a good game and we probably won't hear his name again for the next two weeks. Drake had a great game last week and this week nothing and so it goes. We never see this team put together or the players put together consecutive weeks of good performances. Right now this is a yoyo team with yoyo performances. That is who they are right now. The question is this a function of the players or a function of the coaches?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not upset for 2 reasons.

1) We're going to end up in Andrew Thomas range meaning we can save the money we would have to shell out for a mediocre at best (and that's a stretch) DJ Humphries to play LT.

2) MB will finally pull the trigger on a new GM and maybe a new regime will do a better job of constructing a team that can contend.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Cardinals are a 3-6-1 team and that is who they are right now. A team that struggles to win close games and when they win it's a close game. This is a team that has no consistency from game to game and players who are just as in consistent. Kirk had a great game yesterday and next week he will probably vanish. Gunter had a good game and we probably won't hear his name again for the next two weeks. Drake had a great game last week and this week nothing and so it goes. We never see this team put together or the players put together consecutive weeks of good performances. Right now this is a yoyo team with yoyo performances. That is who they are right now. The question is this a function of the players or a function of the coaches?
Lol. Not sure what you’re trying to say but this is a funny statement.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Murray should have thrown the ball that got picked PA. I mean I know I'm really, really being hard on him, and part of it was bad luck, but I just.. I don't know...

I appreciated the aggressive nature of the play calling on that drive. Kyler has been very good protecting the ball and probably shouldn't have thrown it but we were going for the kill shot on that drive (TD vs FG).

The clock management on the final drive was bad. Not a huge concern as you can hire a coach to do that if you want (like Sean McVay).

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1) We're going to end up in Andrew Thomas range meaning we can save the money we would have to shell out for a mediocre at best (and that's a stretch) DJ Humphries to play LT.

2) MB will finally pull the trigger on a new GM and maybe a new regime will do a better job of constructing a team that can contend.
I bet neither will happen.

I feel it way more likely that we’ll draft a DL like a Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw than a Andrew Thomas or Tristan Wirfs.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That was Saints-level atrocious.

Why would anyone want to put a beating on Bruce? Win, sure, but he didn't wrong us at all.

That's your opinion... I don't believe for a minute he "retired".

He's a stubborn jackass who refused to get rid of boat anchor coaches,
and strong armed Management into picking small school projects about 3 rounds too early.

No risk-it no Biscuit??

KK has already shown to fit that mantra far more than BA.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I feel it way more likely that we’ll draft a DL like a Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw than a Andrew Thomas or Tristan Wirfs.

If we end up in #10 - #15 range then yes. I assume you say this because you feel we would be out of Thomas range. I said I think we WILL be in Andrew Thomas range (Top 5 before its all said and done). Thomas is a Top 5 talent in this draft (Tua, Young, Delpit, Okudah are ahead of him) so you don't pass on a potential franchise LT for a RT or a couple of non franchise type DL.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we end up in #10 - #15 range then yes. I assume you say this because you feel we would be out of Thomas range. I said I think we WILL be in Andrew Thomas range (Top 5 before its all said and done). Thomas is a Top 5 talent in this draft (Tua, Young, Delpit, Okudah are ahead of him) so you don't pass on a potential franchise LT for a RT or a couple of non franchise type DL.
I don’t think we’re going to be top 5 with the Bengals, Redskins, Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Broncos, & maybe even Falcons existing. You’re that confident we’ll finish somewhere around there?

Delpit is overrated. The dude has had an underwhelming season & struggles tackling badly.

I’m not even sure if Thomas is even better than Wirfs(who has also shined at LT), let alone top 5 in the class.

Even if we do finish top 5, I highly doubt we’ll finish above WAS, NYG, or NYJ. After Cincy drafts Burrow, one of those teams will draft Chase Young while the other will draft Andrew Thomas since LT is huge needs for all of those teams as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I would agree without free agency. However, FA class is much deeper at DL than OT. Also, Keim's PFF subscription is gonna scream for him to draft Wirffs or Jedrick Wills Jr. from Alabama.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would agree without free agency. However, FA class is much deeper at DL than OT. Also, Keim's PFF subscription is gonna scream for him to draft Wirffs or Jedrick Wills Jr. from Alabama.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
I mean, I wouldn’t be against it even though I love Kinlaw. Especially after watching what happened to Luck & Cam.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Marvin Wilson should be there in the 2nd round so it’s all good.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Doesn't #1 mean that we would have to let Humph go in FA, prior to the draft, and that we would be locked into drafting an O line man with the first pick? And that we would be praying that the guy were targeting is still there when we pick? What if somebody trades to get ahead of us, and gets the guy were targeting?

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not upset and have a positive attitude overall.

So much of the core of this team is young so we should see improvement. Still, we can't be certain that the team WILL get better in the off season.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Years of Cardinals futility has fans calibrated their faith in this team to "the team looks competent and I have faith next season will be different". Aim higher! Demand a winning season or close to it every year. After all, everyone is investing time and money.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Solar 7, your post seems to makes sense. But then I remembered so many of your posts at the time of the Draft, so now I'm not sure.
Hey man, I've eased up. KM isn't a problem here and I'm happy to have him. The rest of the team has some concerns. I'm not sitting here telling you all we suck and it's his fault or anything.

Gotta give me credit for changing my mind some over time like a rational person.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't #1 mean that we would have to let Humph go in FA, prior to the draft, and that we would be locked into drafting an O line man with the first pick? And that we would be praying that the guy were targeting is still there when we pick? What if somebody trades to get ahead of us, and gets the guy were targeting?
Aside from responses of "he is the best LT we got" or "starting LT's make $15M a year, that's the way it is", what makes Humphries indispensable to ARZ? Pugh & Sweezey have higher PFF grades so far this season, Humphries comes in with a grade of 61.1, that is not a guy you pay $12M - $15M a year. I would rather pay Anthony Costanzo that kind of money as he would be worth it. ARZ could get a LT in Round 2 or trade up and get one late in Round 1 like Austin Jackson of USC.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Aside from responses of "he is the best LT we got" or "starting LT's make $15M a year, that's the way it is", what makes Humphries indispensable to ARZ? Pugh & Sweezey have higher PFF grades so far this season, Humphries comes in with a grade of 61.1, that is not a guy you pay $12M - $15M a year. I would rather pay Anthony Costanzo that kind of money as he would be worth it. ARZ could get a LT in Round 2 or trade up and get one late in Round 1 like Austin Jackson of USC.
I think the simple way to do it is to franchise tag Humphries. That way we have an insurance policy if someone trades ahead of us or whatever. Castonzo will be 32, but still in line for a multi-year deal, if he's not franchised himself.

I've personally learned enough lessons from broadcasting a team need through guys like Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes to never want to endure that again. Heck, it even happened with Shane Ray some years back.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think we’re going to be top 5 with the Bengals, Redskins, Dolphins, Giants, Jets, Broncos, & maybe even Falcons existing. You’re that confident we’ll finish somewhere around there?

Delpit is overrated. The dude has had an underwhelming season & struggles tackling badly.

I’m not even sure if Thomas is even better than Wirfs(who has also shined at LT), let alone top 5 in the class.

Even if we do finish top 5, I highly doubt we’ll finish above WAS, NYG, or NYJ. After Cincy drafts Burrow, one of those teams will draft Chase Young while the other will draft Andrew Thomas since LT is huge needs for all of those teams as well.

WAS & CIN aside, the rest of the teams bolded have 2 or 3 wins so ARZ is not that far out of the Top 5. I honestly don't think ARZ wins another game this season because the defense can't stop anyone and the offense always seems to make mistakes to cost them games. The only real shot they have at another win realistically is CLE but I could see OBJ having a big game along with Nick Chubb.

Thomas has gone against much stronger competition than Wirfs. I wouldn't be opposed to Wirfs though if he can play LT in the NFL. Not a fan of Trey Adams with all his injury history but I am growing on Austin Jackson who could be a mid to late first round option.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose