Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
PP had a mediocre game. Each week that passes lowers his trade value. If you think he’s going to be more enthusiastic about playing for a still rebuilding team next year, you don’t know PP’s history. I think they’ll have to get very lucky to find a way to get value back for him.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
This is all on Keim. Belichick would have moved Peterson before the trade deadline so fast Peterson's head would have been spinning. We saw other teams move named players and not worry about what teammates or fans thought. Of course this could all be Bidwill's doing and not letting Keim pull the trigger on Peterson. We will never know for sure which one is having final say.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
If someone would give us a 2nd round draft choice for Peterson we should jump on it. With Peterson's PED suspension and recent tape, nobody is giving us a #1.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree we ain’t getting a 1 but I would take a 2 at this point.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is all on Keim. Belichick would have moved Peterson before the trade deadline so fast Peterson's head would have been spinning. We saw other teams move named players and not worry about what teammates or fans thought. Of course this could all be Bidwill's doing and not letting Keim pull the trigger on Peterson. We will never know for sure which one is having final say.

Belichek pulls the trigger when PEDerson demanded a trade last year.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
PP had a mediocre game. Each week that passes lowers his trade value. If you think he’s going to be more enthusiastic about playing for a still rebuilding team next year, you don’t know PP’s history. I think they’ll have to get very lucky to find a way to get value back for him.
In coverage he had a real.good game. He easily won the matchup against Evan's. This special teams play hurt.
This team iant rebuilding, we will have tons of money to address our holes in free agency whole Murray is on a rookie contract. You want peterson on this team.

Ita crazy how much criticism he takes when you watch murphy and the other corners get beat regularly. But all the blame is on Peterson.

I wasnt happy when he requested a trade, but in fairness, our owner agreed by firing the coach and qb after 1 year.

Let your anger go and support our players

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I guess I've come to the point where PP has brought all of this noise upon himself... All of his bravado, his P2 effect, blah blah blah...
He's 8 time pro bowler and for the duration of his career, he's been far better than most. It can and always will be debated where he ranks, but the fact is that he's been a star throughout his playing days.
Yes, he doesn't tackle... but seriously, other than that, it's nearly impossible to find fault in his game.

Yesterday, while he was on the field, and though he wasn't solely on Evans (he defended Evans roughly 60%-70% of the time), Evans only had 3 catches for 63 yards, and no TD's.
I seriously don't know what else we should expect from PP21 - as a corner. His lining up offsides on the FG was SO Stupid and is another of the those factors that led to our loss... But as a corner? C'mon people...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And yet I’d say we could only hope & get a 3rd for him going forward.

A major mistake that we didn’t deal him before this year’s deadline!!!
We automatically get a 3rd for him in a compensatory pick.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess I've come to the point where PP has brought all of this noise upon himself... All of his bravado, his P2 effect, blah blah blah...
He's 8 time pro bowler and for the duration of his career, he's been far better than most. It can and always will be debated where he ranks, but the fact is that he's been a star throughout his playing days.
Yes, he doesn't tackle... but seriously, other than that, it's nearly impossible to find fault in his game.

Yesterday, while he was on the field, and though he wasn't solely on Evans (he defended Evans roughly 60%-70% of the time), Evans only had 3 catches for 63 yards, and no TD's.
I seriously don't know what else we should expect from PP21 - as a corner. His lining up offsides on the FG was SO Stupid and is another of the those factors that led to our loss... But as a corner? C'mon people...
Based on your numbers if he covered him 100% Evans would’ve had 95ish yards. That’s not a win for a “shutdown” corner. That’s a loss. And he gave at least two other catches (for first downs) on other receivers, over rN plays or didn’t attemp tackles and did have the offsides which gave them 3 points. Horrid game.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Based on your numbers if he covered him 100% Evans would’ve had 95ish yards. That’s not a win for a “shutdown” corner. That’s a loss. And he gave at least two other catches (for first downs) on other receivers, over rN plays or didn’t attemp tackles and did have the offsides which gave them 3 points. Horrid game.

You seem so CERTAIN it would panned out that way! Are you psychic?? If PP21 had a "horrid game" yesterday, sign me up for more "horrid" games! ;)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You cannot separate CB play from a player's total contribution to the team. That offsides flag represented the ifference between winning and losing.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You cannot separate CB play from a player's total contribution to the team. That offsides flag represented the ifference between winning and losing.

Yes it did. But, so did Murray's over-throw of Cooper, who was standing alone in the endzone in the first quarter. Or, his redzone interception. Or DJ's fumble. Or Williams dropped pass on the 4th down. Or, our defense giving up 2 TD's inside the 2 minute warning of each half.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You seem so CERTAIN it would panned out that way! Are you psychic?? If PP21 had a "horrid game" yesterday, sign me up for more "horrid" games! ;)
It’s called a projection based on his numbers. It means he wasn’t effective shutting him down when did cover him. If you don’t understand this concept I don’t know what to tell you.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It’s called a projection based on his numbers. It means he wasn’t effective shutting him down when did cover him. If you don’t understand this concept I don’t know what to tell you.

Whatever... In his last 3 games prior to yesterday, Evans had 32 catches for 474 yards. I feel comfortable with the job PP21 did on him.

Look, I am not about making a case as to why we should or shouldn't get rid of Peterson... My gut tells me that if we do, our defense would be significantly worse. And with that big of a drop-off on defense, it will put Murray in more desperate, come from behind situations where opposing defenses will feel more comfy pinning their ears back and getting after him. I'll leave that up to you highly skilled prognosticators as to whether or not that would be beneficial to Murray's development. And I won't even begin to talk about the risk associated with trying to find another Corner that would be merely half as productive as Peterson...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes it did. But, so did Murray's over-throw of Cooper, who was standing alone in the endzone in the first quarter. Or, his redzone interception. Or DJ's fumble. Or Williams dropped pass on the 4th down. Or, our defense giving up 2 TD's inside the 2 minute warning of each half.
You’re right. Know what else is right? All the things you cite cane during live game action. PP’s was LINING UP offsides. It wasn’t in the heat of action with bodies flying. It was easily avoidable. It was carelessness on his part. And unacceptable.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You’re right. Know what else is right? All the things you cite cane during live game action. PP’s was LINING UP offsides. It wasn’t in the heat of action with bodies flying. It was easily avoidable. It was carelessness on his part. And unacceptable.

Couldn't agree more! The dude is a headcase... Mistakes are part of the game, but not one that egregious made by a veteran all-pro.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think at some point the Cards should move him to FS but it's beginning to look like that will arrive before we really want to. I know people will say he doesn't tackle but at FS with his ball skills he'd extend his career and could be a menace.

My prediction is he won't play the next game, we'll get torched and people will realize he's still easily our best CB, just not as good as he used to be.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think at some point the Cards should move him to FS but it's beginning to look like that will arrive before we really want to. I know people will say he doesn't tackle but at FS with his ball skills he'd extend his career and could be a menace.

My prediction is he won't play the next game, we'll get torched and people will realize he's still easily our best CB, just not as good as he used to be.
We were getting torched with him with most of the damage being against him(Michael Thomas & Emmanuel Sanders).

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

You can’t have safeties who don’t wish to tackle. May as well bring back the original $LB, Seth Joyner, while we’re at it, I suppose?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave