Dear David,

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with you. You were such a stud. You were a game changer.

Is it a fear of injury now that you have a family? Do you no longer love the game. Are you injured?

You run like you’re looking for the Hope Diamond. It also looks like you’re running in mud. It certainly doesn’t appear you are having any fun.

Something has to change. You more than likely are no longer the starting Rb on this team. And when Edmonds returns you may find yourself 3rd string. I’d say you might find yourself on special teams but I doubt that. If you can’t find the fire to be the star running back I doubt you’d find it on special teams.

if you’re injured then speak up because your contribution to this team is next to nothing. Go look at some game film from a few years back then look in mirror. What do you see?

I hope you see what we see.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

Is it a fear of injury now that you have a family? Do you no longer love the game. Are you injured?

You run like you’re looking for the Hope Diamond. It also looks like you’re running in mud. It certainly doesn’t appear you are having any fun.

Something has to change. You more than likely are no longer the starting Rb on this team. And when Edmonds returns you may find yourself 3rd string. I’d say you might find yourself on special teams but I doubt that. If you can’t find the fire to be the star running back I doubt you’d find it on special teams.

if you’re injured then speak up because your contribution to this team is next to nothing. Go look at some game film from a few years back then look in mirror. What do you see?

Dear David, please retire like your wife asked you to and free up money for the Cardinals. And tell Patrick Peterson to retire as well. Thank you

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its wrong extending 27 years old running backs with injury issues
If he played like he did in 2016 u could just use the franchise tag untill he was 29
Thats on keim, very naive from someone with 20 years of experience
Has been discussed here several times and k9 has been one of the few negative about the possibility of his extension with a multi-year contract

Last edited:

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Its wrong extending 27 years old running backs with injury issues
If he played like he did in 2016 u could just use the franchise tag untill he was 29
Thats on keim, very naive from someone with 20 years of experience
Has been discussed here several times and k9 has been of the few negative about the possibility of his extension with a multi-year contract

*raises Hand* I was also opposed to that contract for fear of exactly what we are seeing . I wanted to trade him when we could still probably get a first rounder for him to the Eagles but Keim is a dumb GM.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Oh phooey - can’t be a feature back in this offense with this playcaller consistently, he fumbled, it happened once this year, 3rd down late in the game - Bowles lined up the dline off center several yards off the line of scrimmage for a running start aimed at one spot in our oline for the pass rush - never seen that before - we need to establish the run - improve time of possession - this d is designed to give up yards but get turnovers, it does - but 3 and outs kills every unit.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is correct, but I did read that TB is good at defending the run. I know they were, yesterday.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Well I guess there's one silver lining about that horrific contract Slan. :)

DJ isn't going anywhere in the offseason. So he gets six more games, plus the first eight months of 2020 to get back to the "old" DJ.

But you're right, he might get so far down the depth chart, that he never sees a meaningful carry next year.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is correct, but I did read that TB is good at defending the run. I know they were, yesterday.

They're best in league against the run and dead last against the pass and also points allowed.

I think teams don't invest in the run against them because it is so easy to score passing.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I just want to see the jump cuts again.....

Here's how:

Lose 15 pounds (roughly)
Get out of the damn gym and into the Yoga studio.
Do some Pilates as well!

in trying to figure out what has happened since 2016....

im curious what his playing weight is now vs then (vs what is listed)

he is a weight room guy -- has he so bulked up he has lost his burst?

I hope that's it because its correctable --- but it is shocking to see the difference in how Chase and Kenyon hit the hole vs DJ

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dear David we know have drake and edmonds

Might want to fix your issue asap or u may be on a new team....

God that fumble was a killer i cursed so loud when that happened

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
DJ himself confirmed his wife asked him to retire after the knee injury.

Ugh. If true then his career is cooked. Players should retire once doubt starts creeping in. You can't play in the NFL with doubt, players are just too damn good at this level.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Dont hurry back from an injury when youre not 100% even though your possible replacement is killing it and making you look stupid and washed up. Thats just pride messin with you.

Last edited:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I hope that's it because its correctable --- but it is shocking to see the difference in how Chase and Kenyon hit the hole vs DJ

His issues are 50% between his ears and 50% centered in his heart/soul. There is nothing else at issue here. The weight room... His size... That's all ridiculous. He simply needs to get his mind right, or not...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His issues are 50% between his ears and 50% centered in his heart/soul. There is nothing else at issue here. The weight room... His size... That's all ridiculous. He simply needs to get his mind right, or not...

True but he is also playing too heavy. At this time, I believe it is more mental/emotional than physical. If he can get his mind and heart right dropping some weight might be wise

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
True but he is also playing too heavy. At this time, I believe it is more mental/emotional than physical. If he can get his mind and heart right dropping some weight might be wise

Oddly, his weight seems to come up on a more frequent basis... yet, he is playing at virtually the same weight at which he entered the league.
At the combine, he weighed in at 224lbs. He reportedly entered this season at 226. I attend his Mission 31 Foundation fund raiser each year. The 2019 event was held just last month. I think I'm a pretty solid judge of someone's weight...and honestly, if anything I would say he weighs less then 226. I swear his waist can't be more than a 31 or 32. And I would guess he's wearing a size 42 jacket. He is chiseled for sure... but not in any sort of blown-up/puffed-up/body-builder type of way... He is surprisingly slight when you see him up close.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

What happened in 2016 is he went vegan over the offseason at the urging of his wife after watching a netflix documentary. He has NEVER been the same since.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for confirming. I love the snide “DO YOU KNOW THIS FOR A FACT. ARE YOU IN THE LOCKER ROOM” type posts
or maybe people just havent heard such thing and are curious where you did. Posters like to make up their fantasies sometimes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose