Kyler Murray Stat line vs. Buccaneers

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
27/44 (61%) for 324 yards. 3 TDs 1 Int (97.2 QB Rating)

3 rushes for 38 yards - 12.7 yards per carry.

Some good, some bad.

Man the the interception was disappointing. If we're being honest, it probably cost us the game.

I hope, as he goes through his career, that's a throw K1 learns not to make.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was "good"

However, the redzone and 3rd down issues remain. And obviously couldn't close late.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Some good, some bad.

Man the the interception was disappointing. If we're being honest, it probably cost us the game.

I hope, as he goes through his career, that's a throw the K1 learns not to make.
The disappointing thing was that Sherfield was on the field late in the clutch when he's our worst wr.

However, Kyler can't risk the game throwing to him. Even if he slipped...thats not Fitz or even KJ. Just throw it out of bounds.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He helped me in fantasy, and he played decently. If he weren't a rookie, I'd say one could hope for more against a bad defense, but he's not responsible for dropped balls or slipping receivers.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The disappointing thing was that Sherfield was on the field late in the clutch when he's our worst wr.

However, Kyler can't risk the game throwing to him. Even if he slipped...thats not Fitz or even KJ. Just throw it out of bounds.

I mean, it was a wobbler right? Threw it off his back, foot, under pressure.

I might need to go back and watch it one more time, but I'm pretty sure there's just no need to make a dangerous throw like that in that situation.

Last edited:

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score

Some good, some bad.

I hope, as he goes through his career, that's a throw the K1 learns not to make.
Kurt made many throws and fumbles I wish he wouldn’t have made.

There’s no perfect.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
The early momentum came to a screeching halt when he missed a wide open Cooper in the end zone on the first drive after the turn over.

The INT was a really bad decision. The desperation decisions on the last drive were poor.

Other than those instances he played pretty well.

It sucks that we have to count on a rookie QB to basically play perfectly in order to have a chance to win. That’s life as the #1 overall pick though.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
He had some rookie mistakes but other than that I thought he was pretty good today and he was certainly one of our best players today if not the best. If Kyler had even a decent defense, the INT wouldn't have mattered too much and we would be talking about a win today instead of a loss but it is what it is.

I said it before but the kid is our franchise QB and he's the main reason that I look forward to watching every game each week despite the overall poor team play that has us at only 3 wins for the season so far. After so many years in the team's history of atrocious QB play, it is nice to finally have a legit young gunslinger with massive potential.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Some good, some bad.

Maxx cost us the game...

Vance cost us the game...

DJ cost us the game...

Murray certainly did not cost us the game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Maxx cost us the game...

Vance cost us the game...

DJ cost us the game...

Murray certainly did not cost us the game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I mean he played great up until that moment. And I rewatched the Int.. I guess part of it is on Sherfield, or the defender for tripping him. It wasn't necessarily a "jump ball". It floated a little though.

But Ron, on 2nd down and ten, in (automatic) field goal range, up by four, four minutes left, do you need to throw a ball that even might get picked?

Bad decision IMHO. Hopefully he'll learn.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Some good, some bad.

It’s a team game. Unfortunately this team can’t depend on this defense to stop the opposing offense from driving over 80 yards TWICE in less than 3 minutes.

One int. In 201 passes. Would have been nice to see the defense pick him up.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Veterans
I don't know but most of the stupid penalties we got come from them also today

Chandler jones
The 2 in a row by humphries and pugh was embarrassing
Peterson false start

Disappointing for sure juza.

Fitz looks pretty good as veteran leader compared to PP21.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
It’s a team game. Unfortunately this team can’t depend on this defense to stop the opposing offense from driving over 80 yards TWICE in less than 3 minutes.

One int. In 201 passes. Would have been nice to see the defense pick him up.

I know I'm being pretty hard on him slan, and it's probably just that I'm so disappointed we lost this game.

Such a great effort by Christian Kirk. Some gutsy play calling by K2. 56 minutes of excellent QB play. Fitz sacrificing his body over the middle. Even a 1.5 sack game by Rodney Gunter...

all wasted.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
• I was really impressed with Kyler Murray in the Cards’ 30-27 loss at Tampa Bay. Murray won three straight, then lost three, all narrowly, to the Saints, Niners and Bucs. “Reminiscent of a young Russell Wilson, but faster,” Bucs coach Bruce Arians told me from Tampa. “He’s so dangerous coming out of the pocket. Very, very impressed with him.”
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...yoffs-nfl-week-10-fmia-peter-king/?cid=fmiatw

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Some good, some bad.

It most definitely cost us the game. Not sure whether Sherfield was tripped or just fell down? Probably just fell down. Murray laid it out there, had he not fell to the ground he had a chance to catch it or fight for it, causing an incomplete pass. Some have said Murray shouldn't have thrown the pass but if true, those are mistakes he should learn from. Worst case scenario, we get a FG on that possession & the game goes into OT after they score next. I'm still pissed they didn't review our hail Mary attempt, the DB was pulling the right arm of our WR down & hit him early. That imo was pass interference.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dude was great...doesn't play like a rookie.

Sign Drake next year and we are 2 WR's who can stretch the field away from an elite offense.
I agree with you on the WR's but we need to build this defense first. DL & speedy LBers that can cover in space would be a good start. Another elite edge rusher also. Not sure we can get all of that in one off-season though? Maybe a couple elite players on both side of the ball?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose