You wanna crown the Cardinals?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals have lost three consecutive games. Half the time defense is confused where to line up. In week 10 they cannot stop an opponent when it counts. Cannot improve their red zone offense. Cannot win against a 2-6 team.

They are the same 3-13 team from last year with the exception of Murray. Murray is single handedly saving this franchise from depths of despair from last season.

You wanna crown them for a hard fought loss and a bright future, go ahead and crown their a**. Cardinals are what they are. Same Old Cardinals.

Congrats to our beloved GM whose is on the verge of his fourth consecutive non winning season.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Im confused...who's crowning the Cardinals? The body of the post seems more along the lines of refuting moral victories. Are fans crowning the Cardinals the kings of moral victories?

Im legitimately confused.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
We are one win better than the dolphins....that is sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm still personally not very excited about the franchise, but the situation also really isn't enough for me to spend as much time complaining about it as I was. Kyler Murray has played pretty well, also enough for me to not complain about him at all. He's earned enough that he will be our QB at least through his rookie deal, so we need to build around it.

Kirk and Murphy are the only other young talents on our roster though (maybe Drake), and that falls to the GM, so what's next?

I dunno. Last week's game was the most encouraging of the year to me. We still can't beat good teams, we still can barely beat bad teams.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think there is light at the end of the tunnel despite the record. Last year the light at the end of the tunnel was a incoming train.

We seem to be good against the run quite often but can't seem to stop 3rd and long. I think the players aren't doing great in zone and we aren't playing at the same level during the during the bowels era in man.

KK is improving but is still doing boneheaded stuff. The good news is I think he is learning and hopefully has enough people around him giving him good advice on how to improve. KM making rookie mistakes but surprisingly further along than I expected especially considering the circumstances. The offense isnt perfect, but it's better than a lot of teams on a week to week basis.

If the team could clean up the mistakes and the D was sound this team would have a couple more wins under their belt and actually have shot a wildcard based on the way the rest of the conference is at right now.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the dumbest thread one could possibly have come up with. This team is light years better than last years debacle.
They have been in every game with a chance to win each of them. The Seattle and Carolina games got away in garbage time,
but no matter.
This whiny crap is embarrassing. What the hell did you think was going to happen this year, Crapfan? 12-4?
They were going to win 6 games and be competitive in most all of them, as our best outcome. That is exactly what is happening.

It's like playing cards with my brothers kids.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Games are better to watch than last year, that's all I know.
Man, I still can't buy into this line of thinking. Our games are meaningless, and nothing more than a labor of love to watch for me. There won't be another game this year that I sit down to watch on its own, but I'll watch at a bar or setup where the game is also on DirecTV with others. (Okay, I'm going to try to go to another game in AZ, but that's also to see family.)

Watching a game just to lose when it matters isn't better to watch to me. In fact, it's more heartbreaking. I still don't see us as competitive, but different strokes for different folks.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Man, I still can't buy into this line of thinking. Our games are meaningless, and nothing more than a labor of love to watch for me. There won't be another game this year that I sit down to watch on its own, but I'll watch at a bar or setup where the game is also on DirecTV with others. (Okay, I'm going to try to go to another game in AZ, but that's also to see family.)

Watching a game just to lose when it matters isn't better to watch to me. In fact, it's more heartbreaking. I still don't see us as competitive, but different strokes for different folks.

Same I’ll see them on redzone but to devote the whole 1pm or 4pm timeframe to just the cards and not see actual meaningful games seems foolish. Like not being able to watch that Ten-KC game just to watch the cards would have driven me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

I struggle with the "at least it's better then last year" thinking, if that's the gauge then we're happy with losing but being competitive...it's still losing and hard to watch haha. I get it's a rebuild but man it's frustrating seeing a great opening drive then get teased the rest of the game with 3 or 4 big plays only to have an awful defense and some terrible play calling eat away the good feeling . It just sux always hoping for next year.... but we'll be optimistic in April dang it!! Lol

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You guys are mad at an area guy for indicating outside of Murray this is a similar team to last year to talent wise ? Hahaha.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My one year old cant run a 21k marathon. Sure, he’s learning to walk but what’s the point?
Great analogy if the only difference between the last time he tried and now was that you bought him a pair of shoes and a guy who only knew how to tell him to hop on one leg.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Not much you can do in a season where 2 faces of your franchise in PP & DJ are possibly worst players on field

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A Cardinals rookie QB is having one the best years which can be compared to Neil Lomax, Palmer and Warner best years. Yet this team is likely to finish 5-11. You guys know how awful the rest of the team must be playing to be 5-11?

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look around the league. Kc has lost 4 of their last six. The Rams are 5-4 along with the Eagles and the Cowboys. The Bears who were a double doink away from the NFC championship are 4-5. The Falcons who many thought would compete this year are 2-7. These are all teams that were expected to be very very good teams.

I would venture to say their fans are none too happy about their respective teams based on expectations AND talent.

We are moving in the right direction.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Bro I love your passion, but you gotta view the glass as half full every once in a while...Don’t get me wrong, to say I was pissed today is an understatement, but all things considered, positive things are happening and recognizing them will help your perspective. I’ll list a few:

1) Despite the ill-timed INT, KM continues to prove he was worthy of the #1 pick.

2) Sure DJ appears to be a bum and his contract is a hard pill to swallow...But it appears we have options now with Drake & Edmonds.

3) With KK at the helm this offense is light years ahead of where we were last year...For a coach in his first NFL season, I’ll take it.

4) PP is also playing like a bum...The bright side? I have a strong conviction Byron Murphy is going to become a great corner in this league.

5) Zane Gonzalez is having a heck of a year...And to think we were stuck with an over-the-hill Phil Dawson last year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Bro I love your passion, but you gotta view the glass as half full every once in a while...Don’t get me wrong, to say I was pissed today is an understatement, but all things considered, positive things are happening and recognizing them will help your perspective. I’ll list a few:

1) Despite the ill-timed INT, KM continues to prove he was worthy of the #1 pick.

2) Sure DJ appears to be a bum and his contract is a hard pill to swallow...But it appears we have options now with Drake & Edmonds.

3) With KK at the helm this offense is light years ahead of where we were last year...For a coach in his first NFL season, I’ll take it.

4) PP is also playing like a bum...The bright side? I have a strong conviction Byron Murphy is going to become a great corner in this league.

5) Zane Gonzalez is having a heck of a year...And to think we were stuck with an over-the-hill Phil Dawson last year.

I'm more excited about the Cardinals than I have been in many years.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

There are some bright spots and a couple of options, but still a ton of holes to fill that are going to take a while to fill. I worry that we are on a crash course to become a carbon copy of KK's TT teams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose