Time to trade David Johnson

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
There is a growing contingent that believes he does not care that much about football. If that is the case, he is just not going to be effective under any circumstance.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did we have two turnovers in the redone in the fourth quarter today? Johnson's fumble and Kyler's pick? Man... what really bothered me today was a return to Same Old Cards football. In our losses, I didn't think that was the case so far. We just got beat by better teams in the first five losses. Today, we just crapped the bed repeatedly against a BAD team.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree that we lost to a bad team today and "woulda, coulda, shouda..." Fact is we are a bad team as well.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Really concerned about DJ and his want too. After that fumble he never saw the field and rightfully so.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
We have to eat that money no one is taking that contract and the dead money is absurd. Get used to him still in a cardinals jersey until 2021.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
5 carries. 2 yards. 1 catch. 8 yards. 1 turnover in red zone. 0 heart.

How many are going to keep arguing he’s a good running back?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the running attack scheme fits Drake and Edmonds better than it fits DJ who looks slow in the hole.

We should hype DJ to the four winds and then send out trade feelers. But a trade should be explored only if we get enough back in value.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
He's been very below average esp. away from home.

Oh yeah he’s not very good but the cardinals can’t do anything about it. Can’t trade him and can’t cut him. It is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
kK did not hide the fact that DJ was benched.
Yep, hit the pine DJ. I would rather have Drake and Edmonds, they run hard and don’t shy away. Ever since that hit DJ took in Detroit he hasn’t been the same

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5 carries. 2 yards. 1 catch. 8 yards. 1 turnover in red zone. 0 heart.

How many are going to keep arguing he’s a good running back?
I’m done arguing. He should be benched. Never seen a guy fall off the cliff like he had. He looks like he’s running in mud.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think the running attack scheme fits Drake and Edmonds better than it fits DJ who looks slow in the hole.

We should hype DJ to the four winds and then send out trade feelers. But a trade should be explored only if we get enough back in value.
No one is trading for a has been RB on a bloated contract. No one.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade how? The player has to have value. Nobody is going to trade for that contract with that production.

Man...I said that this would be the year to tell if he can be the same back. Evidently, he isn’t the same back.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really shows how badly Keim has managed the cap that we can't cut him because the dead money would cripple us. So weird he was off to a good start this year then the back, then the ankle. I suspect either he just doesn't want to play anymore, or the back is worse than they're letting on and he's using the ankle as an excuse.

But as soon as edmonds gets back I wouldn't be surprised to see DJ not playing at all

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It really shows how badly Keim has managed the cap that we can't cut him because the dead money would cripple us. So weird he was off to a good start this year then the back, then the ankle. I suspect either he just doesn't want to play anymore, or the back is worse than they're letting on and he's using the ankle as an excuse.

But as soon as edmonds gets back I wouldn't be surprised to see DJ not playing at all

I believe his 2020 cap hit is nearly the same as his dead number hit would be. So you could pay him 15m to go away or pay him 15m to play like crap and hurt the team... It’s a bad look either way.

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Trade how? The player has to have value. Nobody is going to trade for that contract with that production.

Man...I said that this would be the year to tell if he can be the same back. Evidently, he isn’t the same back.
But but but, the O-line isnt blocking for him. He's coming off an injury. He was good like 4 years ago. He had a baby this offseason. He's a Pisces, everyone knows they play better with a QB 6'1 or taller....

Searching for some other excuses, hang on ill be back.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Right now when healthy, he is the 3rd best WR on the team and arguably the 2nd best RB.

It sucks we are paying him so much, but it's not like he is worthless. If we could trade him (to a team like TB for a 5th rounder or something)...that would be great, but it's not happening.

At this point we have to hope he can stay healthy and produces in the passing game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For both his sake and ours, we have to hope that he is still injured and playing at 60%. If that’s the case, sit him down.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm a Libra so I try to balance the scales and see both sides. If Keim had not given HB or DJ the contract he did, we would be all over him for it. He signed them and we are all over him for it. They didn't work out. It happens. Hindsight is 20-20.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Trade is impossible due to amount owed on his contract (he was given Gurley type of money) and the dead cap we are left with. Cutting him makes no sense due to the dead cap hit unless he isnt good enough to ever see the field, even as a #3.

Long story short, time to get over the idea that DJ won't be here in 2020. If he does good in 2020 there is a chance we could deal him at end of season or half way thru, and if not we can cut him at the end of season and have a minimal cap hit and save the 2021 salary owed.

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
I believe his 2020 cap hit is nearly the same as his dead number hit would be. So you could pay him 15m to go away or pay him 15m to play like crap and hurt the team... It’s a bad look either way.

More or less I think your on point. It’s not much more to cut him than keep him on the roster next year (couple mil). Cut him and save the roster spot.

If people think this is impossible, consider we have like 30 something million dead money this year from. Some big cuts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave