I miss Bruce

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The last two years we have had mike McCoy and Vance Joseph. They are just as bad only their units saw the field much more than Amos’ did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph is nowhere as bad as McCoy

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This is Winston's 5th season, but K1 is outplaying him, even though Jameis has two of the best receivers in football to throw to.

and 2-6?

Pretty underwhelming by BA so far.

They have, however, played a very tough schedule, including LA, CAR twice, SF, NO and SEA.

You can believe BA will try to get his offense healthy against a bad Cardinals defense. He'll go for the jugular early, and will try to run us off the field by halftime.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is Winston's 5th season, but K1 is outplaying him, even though Jameis has two of the best receivers in football to throw to.

and 2-6?

Pretty underwhelming by BA so far.

They have, however, played a very tough schedule, including LA, CAR twice, SF, NO and SEA.

You can believe BA will try to get his offense healthy against a bad Cardinals defense. He'll go for the jugular early, and will try to run us off the field by halftime.

If you remember it took 6-7 games during BA'a 1st season with us until BOTH the offense & defense kicked in. TB is getting closer. They completely outplayed the Seachickens on the road & should have won that game. My Cleveland friends are pissed that they ended up with Freddie as opposed to BA.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I remember Amos Jones? Do you remember Clancy Pendergrass? Billy Williams? Greg Olson? Whoever Wilks had last year?
Let me see if I got this right . . . so your argument is we should be happy with a craptastic coach because we have had bad coaches before? Uh, okay.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I miss much of what Bruce brought to the table. especially his headwear. But his refusing to fire or not renew incompetent coaches (AJ for example) was his downfall, and rightfully so.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Let me see if I got this right . . . so your argument is we should be happy with a craptastic coach because we have had bad coaches before? Uh, okay.

I'm assuming Amos Jones is the craptastic coach you're referring to. I would argue that Arians was still a good head coach with Amos Jones on staff and I think BA would have figured out ways to win with this franchise moving forward even if Amos Jones was still on staff.

ReasonableMan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm assuming Amos Jones is the craptastic coach you're referring to. I would argue that Arians was still a good head coach with Amos Jones on staff and I think BA would have figured out ways to win with this franchise moving forward even if Amos Jones was still on staff.
Bruce is a win now coach and we had already exhausted our aging team by the time he was on his way out. I love Bruce but this franchise needed a Kliff or some young blood to move it from a lightning in a bottle for retiring players to a young team built from the bottom up

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
Would rather have Kliff now honestly. Look what he is accomplishing with a rookie QB, and not very good/consistent WR corp. Yes, he does get too cute with play calling at times, and his clock management needs work, but he has exceeded my expectations so far.(ok, which admittedly weren't high).

I appreciate what Bruce did while here though. The offense was fun to watch.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Arians was a very good x's & o's coach who also brought attitude & personality into the equation. He certainly brought out the best with the players we had. Yes, he was stubborn, and had too high an opinion of himself as far as finding and developing talent. He came to AZ with a short-term plan to win a championship. Unfortunately, he was missing the main ingredient to do that, the QB. I respect Palmer so much as a great man & a good player. But, he was NEVER, EVER going to win a SB. Just had too many WTF was that type plays in his right arm. The window pretty much slammed shut when the Panthers handed us our a$$ in the NFC Championship game. We should have started the retooling process right there and then. BA somehow convinced MB & SK that we still had a championship team. In any sport, once you allow yourself to get old and slow, you're in for a painful rebuild. Add Wilks to the equation, and you end up being the worst team in the league with holes everywhere. If we make good decisions the next couple years, we can become a contender. With a special QB like Murray, anything is possible if we build around him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss much of what Bruce brought to the table. especially his headwear. But his refusing to fire or not renew incompetent coaches (AJ for example) was his downfall, and rightfully so.

Those hats are cool. I need to get me one.