DJ is back - but we got Drake

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think DJ is finally feeling the heat with Drakes performance

Hopefully he steps up - or I hope they put DJ to bed

At this point I see NO reason to start DJ over Drake

Drake had an AMAZING, again AMAZING performance vs. a stout 9ers team. He was breaking tackles, running 2X's as fast as DJ and looks like a REAL RB.

I have NO ISSUE sending DJ to pasture other than Keim's contract he gave him

Feel the heat DJ - feel it!

I'll take Edmonds and Drake as our 1 and 2 punch next year and be happy as can be....then build the O line.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really want Drake to do well but writing off DJ and putting all your eggs into Drake after a single game is quite silly.

Edmonds too. Edmonds has flashed skill but I have major reservations about considering him a #1. I think he is a fantastic #2.

OP
OP
ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think y’all read me wrong
Love DJ but he hasn’t produced in years
Now with drake he’s feeling the heat and I hope he can return...I highly doubt it...his speed is 1/2 of Drake and he’s had 1/3 the heart drake or Edmonds has shown

They gotta use em both now, but I’m not tied to DJ like o was when the year started
I can see his as past tense very soon

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now with drake he’s feeling the heat and I hope he can return...I highly doubt it...his speed is 1/2 of Drake and he’s had 1/3 the heart drake or Edmonds has shown

They gotta use em both now, but I’m not tied to DJ like o was when the year started
The same guy that had 600 yards of offense and 5TDs prior to the ankle in 6.5 games wasn’t producing? Rigghhhht!!!!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Exactly how many years have we had DJ and how many years of those didn't he produce?

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Suddenly putting both Johnson and Drake on the field at the same time isn't really doable if the playbook isn't designed for both to be on the field at the same time and when was the last time you saw both Johnson and Edmonds in the backfield at the same time this season?. They are not going to rewrite the playbook just to add another RB onto the field. In all likely hood Johnson and Drake will split time at RB. Asking Johnson to suddenly be a slot receiver when he hasn't been one isn't realistic either. He doesn't know the routes the slot receiver needs to know and the times he has been in the slot are few and limited to the ones designed for him in that role.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two is better than one. Play both of them.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol. Typical fan craziness.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can only imagine what a DC might be thinking with DJ & Kenyan both on field while accounting for K1 sprinkled in with those Isabella decoys :billthecat:

Well the DC doesn't need to worry about Fitz so not as difficult as one would expect.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the correct title of this thread should be:

DJ is back AND we got Drake!

Both of those guys are major weapons and should be schemed to be on the field in a two-RB set as much as possible.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would be interested in seeing both on the field in a split back set, 20 or 21 personnel. Since they can both receive and run it could make for some interesting opportunities for both run and pass if KM can dissect the presnap read. You essentially have 3 running options out there to cover and not knowing which will RB will release or both. Also allowing DJ to lineup wide with Drake in the backfield without allowing substitution.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I can only imagine what a DC might be thinking with DJ & Kenyan both on field while accounting for K1 sprinkled in with those Isabella decoys :billthecat:

This all works if Murray runs alot more then he has in recent games. Everytime there is a called QB run, that drive is successful. The need to have 3 RBs out there, DJ, Drake, and Murray!

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
Should be interesting. Not sure about DJ playing WR as he seems to make his plays against linebackers

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave