Two offensive players to keep an eye on...

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
If you think he is a 3rd down difference maker, he can be worth this spot
btw:

this is exactly why I am following Delpit and Simmons with interest

after watching the Cards allow something like a 70% 3rd down conversion % over the last two weeks -- im motivated

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’d lose my mind if we draft Grant Delpit.
I would not like it either. IMO, he is way too redundant to Budda Baker and I don't believe the gap in talent is big enough to use such a valuable resource on at this point in time.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
btw:

this is exactly why I am following Delpit and Simmons with interest

after watching the Cards allow something like a 70% 3rd down conversion % over the last two weeks -- im motivated
I think you can look at Reddick and Hicks skillset vs the pass, and make a strong argument that Simmons has a key role, day 1, and is a huge upgrade.

I think you can look at Budda Baker vs the pass in a box S role, and fail to make a strong argument that Delpit is a huge upgrade. He is better, no doubt. But the gap between Baker and Delpit is nowhere close to being a big as the gap between Reddick and Simmons. IMO that would be the only reason you would take a S or ILB with where the Cardinals are in the team building process.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love Jerry Jeudy but not sure the other WRs are worth an early-mid FRP. We really need to shore up the OL and defense. Maybe we get another pick for P2.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I love Jerry Jeudy but not sure the other WRs are worth an early-mid FRP. We really need to shore up the OL and defense. Maybe we get another pick for P2.
Given different circumstances, I can understand the desire to move Peterson.

Given the amount of holes we have on our roster, I can't understand why we would add to them.

Until we are in a position where we have his replacement on our roster (Byron Murphy has a ways to go), I am comfortable getting two years of production and a 3rd round comp pick.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Given different circumstances, I can understand the desire to move Peterson.

Given the amount of holes we have on our roster, I can't understand why we would add to them.

Until we are in a position where we have his replacement on our roster (Byron Murphy has a ways to go), I am comfortable getting two years of production and a 3rd round comp pick.
That assumes good production though....

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I think you can look at Reddick and Hicks skillset vs the pass, and make a strong argument that Simmons has a key role, day 1, and is a huge upgrade.

I think you can look at Budda Baker vs the pass in a box S role, and fail to make a strong argument that Delpit is a huge upgrade. He is better, no doubt. But the gap between Baker and Delpit is nowhere close to being a big as the gap between Reddick and Simmons. IMO that would be the only reason you would take a S or ILB with where the Cardinals are in the team building process.
Rebuilding they may also target someone like Diggs if he's there then move on from Peterson. You then have your starting CB tandem for the Murray era.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Rebuilding they may also target someone like Diggs if he's there then move on from Peterson. You then have your starting CB tandem for the Murray era.
They could, but when looking at a priority list, I have a tough time seeing a path where a 1st round CB is a higher priority than OLB, DE, and OL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I wasn't certain going into the year if CeeDee Lamb was worthwhile, but he is putting up crazy good numbers right now, and is doing it with two QBs in a row.

The advantage of Lamb is that Murray has played with him before, so the adjustment period should be longer.

The way I view players now, is that you should prioritize what ever will enhance QB effectiveness on either side of the ball. That means that WR and OL should be a strong priority on offense, and that CBs and pass rushers should have priority on defense. RBs can fight this mold as well, depending on their usage in an offense. Priorities obviously change based on the current roster make up, but the Cardinals severely lack a playmaker on offense that defenses have to account for on every play. Give Kliff a player like this, and I wouldn't doubt if offensive production jumped by 7 points game which is fairly significant.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Trenches.

Yes and no. A NT has less of an impact than a pass rusher. Corey Peters is having a really good, year but I would trade him for a good 3/4 DE any day, and probably throw in a draft pick.

The Cardinals offensive line is having a fairly good year if you subtract out the stupid sacks from Murray. Look at how well Kenyan Drake, after 3 days of practice ran against the 49ers, who are probably the best front seven in football. Sean Kugler is the most underrated pick up of the offseason; his run scheme meshes very well with what Kliff's passing game is looking to do.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
They could, but when looking at a priority list, I have a tough time seeing a path where a 1st round CB is a higher priority than OLB, DE, and OL.
Kingsberry will have a big say. So will this offseason. I'd imagine you could still get a late first for Peterson. That could fill another spot that you highlight. Then another top 45 pick mtl. If not you keep Peterson. We need to develop more youth then go from there. I like the idea of two young talented CB's coming up together. Maybe Alford can hopefully contend better with TE's

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if nowadays it's worth drafting a interior defensive lineman in the first
Just if is there an athletic freak like Aaron Donalds
How the Nfl developed recently and with the new rules the search for a playmakers has to be the main target with the first round pick
Even an offensive linemen, just few of them established theirself as first rounder type of player on the field

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Does the FO really need to target a TE in next years draft? Maxx and Clay seem to have at least brought us out of the wasteland of Niklas and Seals-Jones.

Speaking of our past Tight Ends.... Why did we let Fells get away??

He seemed to catch everything thrown to him, and usually rumbled another 10 yards.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of our past Tight Ends.... Why did we let Fells get away??

He seemed to catch everything thrown to him, and usually rumbled another 10 yards.

With apologies to @kerouac9 , what ever happened to Jim Dray?

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Interior pass rusher...outside pass rusher...QB protection...top-end pass catcher.

I'm not sold on Lamb yet...but that is mostly on me more than it is on his level of play. I am actually ok with the idea of trading up for Jeudy if he doesn't go top 5, and we only have to move up a couple spots. That being said, I'm finding it tough to get too far away from Wirffs, Leatherwood, Brown and Kinlaw.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't know if nowadays it's worth drafting a interior defensive lineman in the first
Just if is there an athletic freak like Aaron Donalds
How the Nfl developed recently and with the new rules the search for a playmakers has to be the main target with the first round pick
Even an offensive linemen, just few of them established theirself as first rounder type of player on the field

Kind of agree with this, and I would apply it to interior Oline man as well (Gs and Cs).

If were picking top fifteen, and assuming we resign Humph, I'd like either the best ILB, Jeudy, or Lamb. Maybe an edge rusher or cornerback if the top guy dropped to us.

But no to TEs, RBs, or RTs in this draft. Maybe RTOTF if there's a good prospect in the 2nd round though.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Interior pass rusher...outside pass rusher...QB protection...top-end pass catcher.

I'm not sold on Lamb yet...but that is mostly on me more than it is on his level of play. I am actually ok with the idea of trading up for Jeudy if he doesn't go top 5, and we only have to move up a couple spots. That being said, I'm finding it tough to get too far away from Wirffs, Leatherwood, Brown and Kinlaw.

Kinlaw would be what the doctor ordered for 3-4 DE. 6-6 and around 300.