Zach Brown Signed By Cardinals

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
LBS that can stop the run allows more of a pass rush in a 3-4 . If the 2 ilbs can plug holes and the 2 olbs can attack then we have 5 dbs to cover.

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Uh...Drake just played in a short week.

We played with just a couple rbs against the Saints as well.

Poor roster management imo.
That wasn't ideal.

Good signing finally though. Drake who really Had to start and Brown eventually will both contribute and maybe be starters moving ahead.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Another vet with attitude and work ethic issues, following in the footsteps of Swearinger and Crabtree, neither of whom are currently on a roster. There is a reason the Redskins and Eagles gave up on Brown mid-contract, and it isn't solely because of his declining play.

He is better than Walker and Reddick, though, so there's that.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
98.7 Monday morning - "Hasson Reddick is one hell of a special teams player. Burnsy, did you see that special teams tackle he made during the fourth quarter?'

Somewhere on the couch, Brandon Williams nods in agreement.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s damn good. Definitely better than Reddick or Walker.
Ouch. Somethings wrong. he was watching games from his couch the last 3 weeks.

Less than three weeks after he was released by the Eagles, linebacker Zach Brown has found a new team.

Brown, 30, on Friday signed with the Arizona Cardinals, his fifth team in five years.

The Eagles signed Brown in March to a one-year, $3 million contract, but released him after just six games. In fact, Brown played 57 snaps against the Vikings the day before he was released.

The next day, defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz declined to get into the specific reasons of why Brown was cut, but said the Eagles needed more from their linebackers.

It certainly seemed like there was more to it than that.

Head coach Doug Pederson was asked about Brown’s release a couple days after it happened.

“Well, as you guys know, we always do what we feel is in the best interest of the football team,” Pederson said. “I appreciate everything Zach did for us. I think Jim alluded to the fact that we need a little more production out of that group, and so we made a change.”....

You must be registered for see images

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wow, cut already. I wonder what's up with him? An injury he wasn't disclosing? Out of shape?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I stated previously and questioned?

It's back to his living room couch to watch NFL Ticket.

Besides a round trip airline ticket and a souvenir jersey, what does he get?

Another busy work move by Keim.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Like I stated previously and questioned?

It's back to his living room couch to watch NFL Ticket.

Besides a round trip airline ticket and a souvenir jersey, what does he get?

Another busy work move by Keim.

He didn't work out for the Eagles and this is his 5th team so far?

Soooo glad that we signed Hicks for the extended contract and not this guy - we lost almost nothing vs cutting him from a deal and carrying dead money next year.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good signing :raccoon:

I'm not so sure about that JG. I watched his eagles play. Non-factor and slow as hell. It made it easy to get rid of him after he popped off about Cousins and then got torched. If he gives us anything it's a plus, but to me he's just a body at this point.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Another vet with attitude and work ethic issues, following in the footsteps of Swearinger and Crabtree, neither of whom are currently on a roster. There is a reason the Redskins and Eagles gave up on Brown mid-contract, and it isn't solely because of his declining play.

He is better than Walker and Reddick, though, so there's that.
This is always my biggest concern personally. I don't care how good you are on the field, if you don't have a team first mentality then it's bound to bite ya in the ass over the long term. Maybe this is just a short term thing or he has had his wake up call..or maybe the cards are just so fed up with their current linebackers they just rolled the dice.

Edit: lol. Already gone... I would assume the head case thing reared it ugly head during this whole debacle. Imo

Last edited: