OT- Around the NFL 2019-20

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Good to know - that's been sitting there for years then without me knowing..... Wonder what else I'm missing by only using my phone

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Krang - it's your lie, you can tell it anyway you want to

Seattle retired the #12 for the fans back in 1984. There kingdome was so loud that the NFL made social rules and Seattle would have penalties for being so loud.

Then Ken Behring bought the team, a bunch of Californians moved to Seattle, the tech boom changed the economy and then the tech bubble crashed and the team lost a couple decades....... But the last 15 have been fantastic

I spent four years there in the late 90’s when I was a kid. The Kingdome was always packed for Hawks games despite having mediocre teams. It was a really crappy place to watch a football game but the Mariner games were great. You could buy a ticket anywhere then go sit at the short porch on RF.

Husky Football was #1 in Seattle back then.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
The mediocre Erickson years were better than the terrible Flores years.

I would have loved to go to a game in the kingdome - I do have a piece of the rubble around the house though

Fan base wasn't its strongest at that time, or the husky stadium years

Even opening up the new building it was tough. I was at the opener and lost my voice - mostly yelling at those around me in a stadium that needed a business ticket buying program to not be blacked out while they lost to some team of little relevance here as a RB who went on to have some good years with the Bears & Jets went absolutely off

Tod Leiweke did a fantastic job with the community and rebuilding that bond and trust. Guys like Mike Flood worked their butts off as well

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
11/8/19, 9:15 AM
The #Ravens have signed LB LJ Fort to a 2-year, surprise extension through 2021 that pays him $5.5M, source said. He gets $3.25M fully guaranteed at signing -- all next year. He was cut 5 weeks ago by the #Eagles and still has $1.9M in guarantees this year. An early payday.