76ers @ Suns Monday 11-4-19 game thread

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
1sun never ever ever posts during positive runs...yes he will say something positive sometimes but always ends with a negative. Do you have papers taped all around your room stating .....im always right! I told you so!
I'm really surprised so many continue to read his posts and engage him. I turned him off a year ago and it's been bliss other than these comments out of the blue.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I cannot believe the maturation of Booker's game this season. He isn't just serviceable on D, he's flat out good. He does not let guys get by him and he is challenging every shot.

This team is so much fun.
And he only just barely turned 23!

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
All I got to say we are legit. And damn we have a brutal schedule on the front end, this is what makes this remarkable.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's hard for him to find a role. He's sorta-good at a lot of things but not above average at anything, except on-ball defense. He's too small to be a SF and too limited offensively to be a SG. Who's he going to take minutes from? Even Tyler Johnson is outplaying him.

He's been great on and off the ball on D. I expect that as the fancy metric stats get more flushed out, we're going to find that Bridges has been one of our better players. He's a pest on defense, he forces turnovers, he ruins opposing ball movement and challenges shots all over. Offensively, while he isn't a stat stuff by any stretch, he also isn't hurting us... he isn't forcing bad shots, making stupid passes, ect, on that end he is probably playing within himself too much.

IMO, thus far he has been our Bruce Bowen, but I think, especially as an outside shooter and transition player, he has more in him.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For all the Dario and Frank hate they played great D. Cam had the 3rd best + -. And you have EJ and other players saying how good he can be...far from 1sun saying he cant play with NBA players.
1suns posts when suns playing bad 1345 i told you so
1sun posts when were playing good 6

Ej said josh Jackson reminded him of Clyde drexler.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What’s SO amazing is that at this moment (yes it’s still very early), I can’t point out one single player who I wished wasn’t on this team! As opposed to last season when I was questioning why half of the players were on this team! What an amazing job by Jones! He reconstructed this team via the draft, trade and free agency and he totally nailed it!

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
What’s SO amazing is that at this moment (yes it’s still very early), I can’t point out one single player who I wished wasn’t on this team! As opposed to last season when I was questioning why half of the players were on this team! What an amazing job by Jones! He reconstructed this team via the draft, trade and free agency and he totally nailed it!

Yes, well said. We are witnessing a real team with real leadership. They were relentless last night. Everyone that took the court played hard on both ends, it was great to watch.

I hope Ayton fits in without interrupting the flow and chemistry.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm no fan of Diallo. Since he hasn't played since the first couple of games though I can live with him keeping a seat warm. I was afraid the Ayton suspension meant he would see meaningful minutes but it hasn't led to that so far. I think I want the Ayton suspension reduced to keep Diallo off the floor more than I want Ayton on it at this point.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, well said. We are witnessing a real team with real leadership. They were relentless last night. Everyone that took the court played hard on both ends, it was great to watch.

I hope Ayton fits in without interrupting the flow and chemistry.

That is why it's a bit of a blessing that he is allowed to practice with the team still. There was a piece that Duane Rankin wrote last week that had quotes from Monty about how Ayton has been very engaged despite not being able to play. Of course that could change when he's able to play but I don't see Ayton as a primadonna with an attitude problem, if Baynes is helping us win and that means he'll close out games then so be it. Ayton will be a spectator. Hopefully he's seeing what Baynes is doing now and taking notes so he can return and be what Baynes has been and more.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
For any Sixers fans who might say that we beat them
because they were without their Center Embiid . . . . .

So were we! Here is an interesting stat.

Our journeyman fill-in Center Baynes +/- was a +19 in 31 minutes.

Their journeyman fill-in Center Horford +/- was a -1 in 34 minutes.

The odds were even and the Suns took charge!

Put that in your cheesesteak, Philadelphia! :)

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
OMG that was a great one.

I was completely wrong about a couple things and I would like to eat my crow now:

1. Monty Williams is the truth. I am loving him! What a culture he has brought!!!
2. I picked 27 wins and the under. I have never been so happy to be so wrong.

And finally:

3. Rubio might be the signing of the summer so far. Still worried about the third year but damn man..... What a skillful performance. I truly missed having a capable PG on this team.

It's still early, but its all working so far!!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we keep this up, Monty has to be a shoe-in for Coach of the Year, right?

Maybe but if Miami keeps this up, Spoelstra will be right there too. And if we also keep this up, Riley will likely be the "other guy" mentioned when our GM's name gets thrown out there for Executive of the Year.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no fan of Diallo. Since he hasn't played since the first couple of games though I can live with him keeping a seat warm. I was afraid the Ayton suspension meant he would see meaningful minutes but it hasn't led to that so far. I think I want the Ayton suspension reduced to keep Diallo off the floor more than I want Ayton on it at this point.

Yeah, Diallo seems like the one miss so far. But it's early so hopefully someone can teach him how to play the game before we find ourselves needing yet another big man. And with the way we draw fouls, that's almost bound to happen sometime.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great win, nice overall defense. Suns and Booker stepped up, despite some lousy calls. Horford was a on a mission, Simmons is way overhyped, he has a lot of skill but running the show with a lack of a shot...suspect, it was either him or Fultz i guess and they chose the guy who could play at the moment.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns did indeed shock the world and beat the 76ers! That win was amazing

The chants for mvp for booker made me feel so goid inside

Suns fans have been wanting a good team forever hope we finally have it!

And monty is a great coach who knows what plays to call and good rotations

Like someone said earlier i really hope ayton doesn't slow this down when he returns

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker is now a superstar. He can score from anywhere, is doing it efficiently, passes when he needs to and is playing passable defense.

Who in this league would you trade Booker for right now?

Anthony Davis . . . hmmm. Giannis. That's about it.

One thing that is underrated about Book is his conditioning. He kicks it into high gear in the 4th when everyone else is dragging.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker is now a superstar. He can score from anywhere, is doing it efficiently, passes when he needs to and is playing passable defense.

One thing that is underrated about Book is his conditioning. He kicks it into high gear in the 4th when everyone else is dragging.

Giannais still has no outside shot, Davis is injury prone (shoulder)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not saying he's the best player in the league but when you consider that he WANTS to be here, I wouldn't trade him for anyone. But I wouldn't have traded him for anyone last year either. I've never bought into the narrative that he can't or won't play defense nor did I agree with the naysayers that he was nothing more than an inefficient chucker. As a Phoenix Sun, he was ALWAYS a star in waiting, mostly just waiting for actual NBA teammates.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave