Star Wars: Your favorite episode I thru VI and why...

What is your favorite Star Wars episode?

• The Phantom Menace

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Attack of the Clones

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally would have liked to see an extended battle when they first met--on Tatooine.

Can you imagine? Opening sequence. Ten minutes later you're in the pod race. Ending the movie with an ever more epic battle with Darth Maul.

That would have been a kickin' Star Wars flick and a reason to make more. For once, I think a director needed notes from a producer, namely those little yellow stickies marking up his script reminding him he's missing an action beat. In SWI especially.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was going to start a new poll, but I found this one. Is it possible to re open the poll or should we just make a new one? I really want to get my vote in for the Phantom Menace... :p

Thank you Mods.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to start a new poll, but I found this one. Is it possible to re open the poll or should we just make a new one? I really want to get my vote in for the Phantom Menace... :p

Thank you Mods.

Reopened.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I always liked Empire and Attack of the Clones the most. Empire obviously we all pretty much agree on. Attack of the Clones was similar to me in that it was a darker story. Anakin kills the sand people villiage, the fight on Geonesis and the ending shot with Palpatine watching over the clone army with the Empire theme was just awesome.

Plus we got to see Yoda kick ass

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Jedi.

It was the first one I could actually see in a theater. I still remember when it came out on HBO. I recorded it. Then I wore that tape out over the next 10 years.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Empire also has this amazing speech and scene:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Maybe my favorite scene in the entire series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I loved Jedi as a kid. Was my favorite. As I got older I appreciated Empire more and it's now just edges out Jedi for me. However, if you take out HOTH from Empire? I like it much less even though I love the scene you posted above.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Episode IV. Probably my most vivid memory as a 5 year old was watching that movie with my Grandma and uncle.

It sparked my imagination in a way nothing else could and It will always be a huge part of my childhood.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The battle between Luke and Vader under the platform (starts at 2:09 in the video) is one of the most intense scenes in the series. This scene is what pushes ROTJ over TESB by just a tad for my favorite.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My only problem with pretty much ALL of the classic light saber battles is that they don't hold a candle to any of the new ones. I mean the technique and the speed of the new ones are far superior. Still love them all though!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I always liked Empire and Attack of the Clones the most. Empire obviously we all pretty much agree on. Attack of the Clones was similar to me in that it was a darker story. Anakin kills the sand people villiage, the fight on Geonesis and the ending shot with Palpatine watching over the clone army with the Empire theme was just awesome.

Plus we got to see Yoda kick ass

I recently re-watched Attack of the Clones. This one was my least favorite of the bunch, so I was trying to watch with an open and a fresh adjusted perspective.

The romance scenes killed this one for me, but while surviving those scenes I founds some positives.

Although her relationship scenes were awful, Padme owned all the other scenes she was in.

The scenes with Anakin and Obi-Wan were pretty cool. Had some good banter.

The battle scenes were a bit long, but they were well done.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I started watching Clones again today and couldn’t get through more than 15 minutes. Hayden Christensen literally ruins every scene he’s in. I also really like Ewan McGregor as an actor, but every time he calls Anakin something other than “Anakin” I cringed. I mean he has this big long diatribe to show how wise he is and ends it with “Be mindful of your actions, my young Padawan learner.” Ugh, cringe. Don’t know if it’s in the delivery or the awful writing, but it was worse in this movie than it was in Phantom Menace when Liam Nelson did the same thing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose