Will we set a trend for the bad teams?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Right now the Dolphins, Redskins and Jets are all projected to be picking top-5 and have QB’s that were drafted in 2018 or later. Will they pull an “us” and replace them so soon? I know it’s kinda pointless as we don’t know which QB’s will declare but you get the drift..

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darnold has shown flashes of why he was so highly touted but he just makes so many bad decisions. Rosen has not gotten better and so far, VERY early, Haskins looks to be very raw nowhere near ready.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don't see any "special" type of QB's in this year's class that would make me do what the Cardinals did. Even the kid from Clemson has shown that he's human after all.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Yeah as really Cardinals have youth and will only get better. Just need to work out some kinks!

They may be young in terms of median or average age but 3 of their best players will be over 30 at the start of next year. Looks like we may have found the replacement for Peterson but we don’t have one for Jones or Fitz yet. We need some of these young guys to pop. Murphy is the only one who has been real good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I don't see any "special" type of QB's in this year's class that would make me do what the Cardinals did. Even the kid from Clemson has shown that he's human after all.
I disagree. Bunch of potentials. So much better ( potentially than last year's crop ).

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I disagree. Bunch of potentials. So much better ( potentially than last year's crop ).

I hear you, but there are always potentials. In order to draft QB's in the first round in back to back drafts, you better be almost certain that the 1st guy might be a bust & the 2nd guy was special & you couldn't pass on him. For me, both situations applied for the Cardinals. The season is roughly half over, so Haskins has time now to show "something". Also for me, there's no KM in this draft that would force me to throw Haskins overboard just yet.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I hear you, but there are always potentials. In order to draft QB's in the first round in back to back drafts, you better be almost certain that the 1st guy might be a bust & the 2nd guy was special & you couldn't pass on him. For me, both situations applied for the Cardinals. The season is roughly half over, so Haskins has time now to show "something". Also for me, there's no KM in this draft that would force me to throw Haskins overboard just yet.
This is the best class in a long time. Tua, Burrows and Hebert all potential to be franchise changers. You also have Hurts and Eason who in the right system can be “The Guy”.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Right now the Dolphins, Redskins and Jets are all projected to be picking top-5 and have QB’s that were drafted in 2018 or later. Will they pull an “us” and replace them so soon? I know it’s kinda pointless as we don’t know which QB’s will declare but you get the drift..

I think we made the painful and difficult, but correct decision. Defense is still most important, but in 2019, a winning team must have at least "very good" QB play. So yeah, if any one of those teams sees a great QB prospect still on the board when they pick, I bet they pull the trigger. Murray is close enough to proving that it's worth it.

Plus with Wilson and L. Jackson (props to Rugby!) leading the MVP race, the trend is currently towards fleet-footed guys, who can move in the pocket, and are a legit threat to run. Rosen, Haskins, and Darnold do not fit that mode.

Paging Jalen Hurts... Jalen Hurts, please report to the 2021 NFL draft green room. :)

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I think we made the painful and difficult, but correct decision. Defense is still most important, but in 2019, a winning team must have at least "very good" QB play. So yeah, if any one of those teams sees a great QB prospect still on the board when they pick, I bet they pull the trigger. Murray is close enough to proving that it's worth it.

Plus with Wilson and L. Jackson (props to Rugby!) leading the MVP race, the trend is currently towards fleet-footed guys, who can move in the pocket, and are a legit threat to run. Rosen, Haskins, and Darnold do not fit that mode.

Paging Jalen Hurts... Jalen Hurts, please report to the 2021 NFL draft green room. :)

A lot of the updated mocks have Hurts as a mid 1st pick. If he was put in an offense similar to Baltimore he can succeed.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A lot of the updated mocks have Hurts as a mid 1st pick. If he was put in an offense similar to Baltimore he can succeed.

Hard to disagree with that. But, Jackson was BLESSED to be drafted by the Ravens. Harbaugh is one the top 3 HC's in the NFL & he was instrumental in restructuring the entire Baltimore offense to make it work. Not every team in the NFL would be capable of doing that. I think that Hurts has the same character makeup as K1 & Jackson. He'll work hard & is driven to succeed. I do like his chances in the NFL, but it'll depend on the franchise that drafts him.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Paging Jalen Hurts... Jalen Hurts, please report to the 2021 NFL draft green room.

a team could do a similar HC and QB package as the Cards --

but it would be Ravens OC Greg Roman and QB Jalen Hurts (obvs - not at 1st overall, but upper half of the first round)

Roman made Collin Kaepernick work. He has made Lamar Jackson work.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
a team could do a similar HC and QB package as the Cards --

but it would be Ravens OC Greg Roman and QB Jalen Hurts (obvs - not at 1st overall, but upper half of the first round)

Roman made Collin Kaepernick work. He has made Lamar Jackson work.

Yes, Roman will be a HC next year.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:)

Ummmm. Not really. One injury away from being an unsuccessful "pocket passer". Please do not anoint Jackson for MVP yet.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Darnold has shown flashes of why he was so highly touted but he just makes so many bad decisions. Rosen has not gotten better and so far, VERY early, Haskins looks to be very raw nowhere near ready.
He was also really inexperienced coming out of college similar to Kyler. It is always tough to be successful when you are consistently having to learn new systems.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Darnold is actually a really good runner he just seems a bit reluctant to turn it loose.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was also really inexperienced coming out of college similar to Kyler. It is always tough to be successful when you are consistently having to learn new systems.

Yeah I mentioned that in a different thread he played even less in college than Kyler. You can't really judge he's so raw but right now where you see people say Kyler only makes 1-2 reads if the guy is not open he pulls it down, Haskins is doing the same thing but way worse. I watched a bit of their game yesterday I have McLaurin in my fantasy team. Remember they were on the same college team and played together LAST season, it was like they'd never met before. Whoever was the primary guy on the play if he wasn't open, Haskins would check it down. At one point he was like 10-12 for 60 yards and he actually had a run game(AP over 100 in first half) and he has WR's who can get open.

He just can't read defenses right now so if someone's not literally wide open he checks it down to the safety outlet. I think the early INT's have him shookk

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think so
Can happen again if a franchise don't see any signs of life in their rookie qb

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Whichever team Lincoln Riley moves on to coach in the NFL will draft Hurts. Lol, messing with you Crimson

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Build your lines or all efforts will fail.

Couldn't have said it any better

O line and D line come first

Drop all the dead weight and chasing has been + injured players for people who actually produce at their position

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

dang...already with the draft talk
not hating, I just can't stand looking at the draft for 8 months of the year as it currently is....at least enjoy the season and shut off the draft till at least Jan.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
dang...already with the draft talk
not hating, I just can't stand looking at the draft for 8 months of the year as it currently is....at least enjoy the season and shut off the draft till at least Jan.

It more so because I’m really into college football than trying to look at who the cards will draft. The past 3 years I feel like I’ve enjoyed watching college more than the NFL in general.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose