OT- Around the NFL 2019-20

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
2 things are guaranteed

Winston will throw for 300 yards and a couple of TDs

He will also give the Cardinals a shot at an interception.

Kyler will need to put up 300+ to beat them in Tampa.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s on pace for 900 yards and 9 tds as a rookie.

That is great now… But he’s also playing with Russell Wilson and being coached by Pete Carroll… He is surrounded by a much better team from top to bottom… Let’s see where both of those receivers are in year two and three if it’s exponentially better at that time I’ll concede

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Metcalf, but had no problems passing on him. The Seahawks are a PERFECT fit for his skill set, and I don't think he would have seen very much success elsewhere.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wilson is unreal if the season ended today he should be unanimous MVP. And I don't just say that because he's the Qb on my fantasy team and is winning me games weekly, the man is unreal. OL sucks, RB's are ok but look great playing with him. Lockett wsa a kick returner and has become a great WR due to hard work, and Wilson. Metcalf, Wilson has figured out what he does well, balls in the air or downfield, and uses him perfectly. They're down to a 3rd string TE, so what happens, he gets 2 TD's today because Wilson is just that good.

My comment preseason was at some point in his career I hoped we saw some Rodgers and Wilson out of Kyler. At the time I thought it was unfair to mention Rodgers since he's just too good, now I think it's unfair to mention Wilson too, and I think Kyler CAN be really good it's just unfair to say a rookie might be on the level of those 2 at some point.

What I loved is he leads them downfield, the kicker blows the FG, so he just takes them right back down and wins it.

After today 22 TD's, 1 INT passing, and 3 rushing TD's.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
One of the Browns player, Jermaine Whitehead got his twitter suspended after spouting racial slurs and also threatening to shoot people on twitter.

Yikes.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I clearly remember just 2 years ago there were peeps here saying RW wasn’t that good & not a top tier QB. I’m quite sure there are some that still think them same today lol
Wilson is unreal if the season ended today he should be unanimous MVP. And I don't just say that because he's the Qb on my fantasy team and is winning me games weekly, the man is unreal. OL sucks, RB's are ok but look great playing with him. Lockett wsa a kick returner and has become a great WR due to hard work, and Wilson. Metcalf, Wilson has figured out what he does well, balls in the air or downfield, and uses him perfectly. They're down to a 3rd string TE, so what happens, he gets 2 TD's today because Wilson is just that good.

My comment preseason was at some point in his career I hoped we saw some Rodgers and Wilson out of Kyler. At the time I thought it was unfair to mention Rodgers since he's just too good, now I think it's unfair to mention Wilson too, and I think Kyler CAN be really good it's just unfair to say a rookie might be on the level of those 2 at some point.

What I loved is he leads them downfield, the kicker blows the FG, so he just takes them right back down and wins it.

After today 22 TD's, 1 INT passing, and 3 rushing TD's.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I clearly remember just 2 years ago there were peeps here saying RW wasn’t that good & not a top tier QB. I’m quite sure there are some that still think them same today lol

At one point I was calling him a game manager who couldn't make plays in the pocket. Which in hindsight is beyond stupid he's as good in the pocket as anybody, he still holds the ball too long some times or takes bad sacks but his ability to step up in the pocket and deliver is top notch, we should be showing Kyler films of how Wilson does it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
At one point I was calling him a game manager who couldn't make plays in the pocket. Which in hindsight is beyond stupid he's as good in the pocket as anybody, he still holds the ball too long some times or takes bad sacks but his ability to step up in the pocket and deliver is top notch, we should be showing Kyler films of how Wilson does it.
Agree. Kyler will be just fine if the WRs keep developing & we maintain a decent Oline.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washington better hope Haskins gets better because on paper they are one of the teams that figures to be most improved next season. If Williams gets healthy and they don't trade him they have a LT, if they do trade him they get picks and or players for him. They have a potential RB of the future in Bryce Love sitting out this year with injury. They have a terrific young WR in McLaurin with 2-3 other pretty good ones. But if Haskins turns out to have been the wrong pick none of that will matter. Off to a slow start but had even less experience in college than Kyler did and as someone else said earlier today almost an identical situation where he played with future NFL Wr's who were running wide open all the time so he never had to read defenses or make tight window throws it was which open guy do I throw to.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Unbelievable that Keim didn't even consider drafting Lamar Jackson in the 1st. A few QB needy teams passed on this guy though.

With the Cards' OL situation though it really makes you wonder what they thought they had going in for 2018?!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
d
Unbelievable that Keim didn't even consider drafting Lamar Jackson in the 1st. A few QB needy teams passed on this guy though.

With the Cards' OL situation though it really makes you wonder what they thought they had going in for 2018?!
I'm good with Kyler and think long term Kyler > Lamar

Having said that...

Imagine if we had Lamar with Drake, Chase, and DJ and committed to the run.

We'd be just as tough to deal with.

I think if Kliff comitted to running Kyler more we'd be tougher run now as well though. Although with Kyler's frame it would be a concern.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
4 QBs got drafted before Lamar.

Four.
I respect Harbaugh for building the offense around Lamar are the way he has. In hindsight, if we took him, we still would've been terrible last year with Wilkes running the show.
Although, it would be interesting to see what Kingsbury would do with Lamar as QB.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought it was illegal to assist a guy scoring by either carrying or pulling them across the goal line, as the Ravens with I believe Brown pulling Jackson across. If not, maybe we should just midget toss Kyler next time we get close to scoring

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose