Suns @ Grizzlies Saturday 11-2-19 game thread

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I've seen nothing to make me think he'll be anything less than one of the best PGs in the game in a couple of years. He can get anywhere he wants and he loves to compete on both ends.

Idk he just doesn’t do it for me. He watches the game a lot when he doesn’t have the ball. Other players can have impact when they aren’t dominating the ball. He just doesn’t do it for me despite his numbers. I get it, I get the numbers he puts up but there’s just something else missing. And we didn’t need another young guy leading this team, is what I meant earlier but being glad not drafting him. I’m happy with the guys we ended up with.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
Not the prettiest game we've played so far this season but a win is a win, so I'm happy.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rubio is a big improvement from last year, but we still could improve at pg.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Overpaying Rubio is making James Jones look like a freaking genius

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Still most of the same evident truths:

Monty Williams can coach.
Javon Carter can defend.
Kelly Oubre can bring infectious energy.
Aron Baynes can contribute.
Mikal Bridges can bring fundamentals.

Ricky Rubio can't shoot.
Dario Saric can't play.
Cam Johnson can't keep up with NBA players.

Devin Booker can carry the team, but he can also let it down at the worst times.

Sadly, it looks like a lot of our problems would be solved had we drafted Clarke instead of Cam Johnson. We really need a power forward, and Cam Johnson brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overpaying Rubio is making James Jones look like a freaking genius

he didn’t over pay him. I think Rubio is the 19th highest paid PG in the NBA it’s actually a very good contract

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Monty William's can coach.
Javon Carter can defend.

Ricky Rubio can't shoot.
Dario Saric can't play.

Devin Booker can carry the team, but he can also let it down at the worst times.

Sadly, it looks like a lot of our problems would be solved had we drafted Clarke instead of Cam Johnson. We really need a power forward, and Cam Johnson brings absolutely nothing to the table.
Saric can play, so can Frank. Baynes does much more than contribute.

no, Rubio can’t shoot. Agree there.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Dario Saric can't play.
I continue to scratch my head over this comment being made over and over by you. He had a pretty good game tonight outside of an off 3 point shooting performance. Also registered the best +/- on the team and just always seems to make the right decision.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Monty William's can coach.
Javon Carter can defend.

Ricky Rubio can't shoot.
Dario Saric can't play.

problems? Were 4-2 with both losses coming by 1 point. How bout a lot of our problems could be solved if our center didn’t get suspended for 25 games.

Rubio, Saric are worlds better than what we had last year and I like what Cam brings to the table he needs to gain weight but that shot looks smooth

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not just a winning streak but a road winning streak! Now we got a 6 game homestand. They'll be in Phoenix for the next 2 weeks. Suns are 4-2! When was the last time the Suns were 2 games over 500? Too long ago, I know that.

Solid point. And here is the answer.

Vince Marotta‏Verified account @Vincemarotta

@Suns are two games above .500 for the first time since November 20, 2015. They were 7-5 after beating the Denver Nuggets 114-107.

7:21 PM - 2 Nov 2019

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
problems? Were 4-2 with both losses coming by 1 point. How bout a lot of our problems could be solved if our center didn’t get suspended for 25 games.

Rubio, Saric are worlds better than what we had last year and I like what Cam brings to the table he needs to gain weight but that shot looks smooth

Smooth? He was 2 for 7 tonight, and if you take away the game at Golden State (where everyone shot well), he is about 25% from the field.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hampton, Maledon are my favorites so far , have to wait for the season to get going to see some of the other ones , it's supposed to be a big pg draft

Not familiar with either of them. Mannion is supposed to he the #1 PG prospect, and he looked awful in the exhibition against Chico State.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Not familiar with either of them. Mannion is supposed to he the #1 PG prospect, and he looked awful in the exhibition against Chico State.
Where did you see that ranking I've never seen him going higher than 8 in the early mock drafts and there are several pgs ranked above him, Cole Anthony , Anthony Edwards (who people have as both sg and pg) and Hampton going top four in everything I've seen, mannion is like #5 prospect from what I've read

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
This game reminded me of the last season, but with the roles reversed. Memphis put up a bit of a fight, but the Suns just kept playing well enough for Memphis to crumble. Not a pretty win, but it's nice to be on the other side of games like this one.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he didn’t over pay him. I think Rubio is the 19th highest paid PG in the NBA it’s actually a very good contract

I think that was sarcasm on TJ's part. And yes, it is a solid contract for what he can do.