Kyler Murray Stat Line vs. Niners

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
No turnovers for Murray is massive for me and how I view quarterbacks especially young quarterbacks. Sure he’s not throwing for a ton of yards and lighting up the scoreboard but he’s not losing games with poor decisions.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
i think an average pass defense puts two more wins on the board for this team (5-4 vs 3-5-1).

True. Although if the red zone offense was more productive, we also could have a bit better record. Kliff makes some moronic decisions during games as well.

having said that, it's fun watching a Cardinals offense that has a productive rushing attack. I give Kyler some passes for being a rookie, so I suppose I should do the same for Kliff. Both show a ton of promise in my opinion.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
These are the kind of plays I wonder if Kyler will/would make if he gets stronger.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Or will his mentality always be "self preservation"

Its a tricky thing cause you obviously want him to stay healthy. Just haven't seen a lot big plays from scrambles this year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
After seeing this angle.....the only reason this had a chance at a touchdown was because of the throw.

That all being on such a line it allowed for no wasted movement for Andy. No time for other defenders to be able to close.

Andy make guys miss and got the TD. However, that throw allowed for him to carry so much momentum.

Really impressive.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
It's great that he protects the ball well, but sometimes he appears too cautious in the first half of games. When they are behind in the 2nd, he opens it up and takes more chances to try and bring the team back. He doesn't commit many turnovers during those times, so perhaps he should be doing the same earlier?

Besides, interceptions are going to happen sometimes.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kyler is late on that throw.

Arm talent will bail this dude out of mistakes, pays to have it.

after going through the Cards website breakdown

it almost seems like the play was designed to get the WR the ball in the window between the hashes