Isabella debut

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had ONE catch...ONE...

A really good one, but still, just one.

How guys like Isabella get such a cult following always amazes/amuses me.

Gush on Izzyites :)

EDIT: Not being snarky, just having some fun. I hope last night was the start of something big for the diminutive one. But, it was his only catch this season so who knows?

No way man he has 3 catches!!! You better watch out!!!

[emoji6]

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
5 body catches on the season & 2 TD's counting the one in preseason. I'll take it, until the body catching bites us in the ass..............? Let the kid catch the ball however he wants as long as he doesn't drop it. He needs to be on the field, his speed & deception are needed.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still looks better than Rosen....that play shows why he was taken in the 2nd..not many WR in this league that can do that. I consider this team a new car i paid lots for...each week im seeing it do something i never saw before. Are we getting the wins like i want? No...am i seeing a quality NFL team ? Yes. Now just need to get rid of that zone so we have a chance

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
After looking at that the guy, maybe a majority of his catches will always seem like body catches because he must have some of the shortest arms I have ever seen on a WR. That being said, six points is six points and one does not get style points... you drafted him, play him :)

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought he looked slow also. haha

Hope we get his MPH's at some point to confirm.

Kirk had to come back and block a guy who would have caught him IMO

Same... I thought for sure he would be caught! He wasn't!!!!

Have we tried even 1 jet sweep with the kid? If we did, I can't recall it.... If not...Why???

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Same... I thought for sure he would be caught! He wasn't!!!!

Have we tried even 1 jet sweep with the kid? If we did, I can't recall it.... If not...Why???
He's had a few. One for sure was against Cincinnati, I was field level behind the Cardinals bench. Was a 5-7 yd gain best I can remember, had several beers at that point so I can't be 100% sure lol.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He really does have short arms as someone else said.

For now I'm not calling him invisible anymore. In fact my new nickname for him is "steve-o" because that's who he looks like with the short hair.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He cracked 19.25 MPH on that play.

For example, Kyler broke 19.5 on a run yesterday. Kyler also cracked 20 vs. the Falcons.

Its weird cause if Tart doesn't take a bad angle he gets caught.

Maybe I was expecting him to hit 21 MPH with his speed (especially since he didn't play all game), but maybe he's just not use to running/got excited so didn't hit his full speed.

I've wondered why we don't throw him many screens but I think its cause of his running style. Not very sudden and a body catcher is bad combo for short routes.

Hope we take more deep shots to him though.

Thanks for the research. You've been an excellent addition to the this community SoonerLou.

Would you please tell us a little more about yourself sir? At least something about the origins of your football fandom? It's going to be a long ten days until the TB game, and we'll need a little "human interest" content to see us through. :)

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prospect Info - Andy Isabella Combine measuements
COLLEGE
Massachusetts
HOMETOWN
CLASS
OH
Senior

HEIGHT
WEIGHT
ARMS
5' 9"
188 lbs
29 3/4”
HANDS
8 3/8”

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the research. You've been an excellent addition to the this community SoonerLou.

Would you please tell us a little more about yourself sir? At least something about the origins of your football fandom? It's going to be a long ten days until the TB game, and we'll need a little "human interest" content to see us through. :)
Family remained Cardinals fans after the team moved. Switched over to the Rams when they came to town. I became a fan again when Plummer took over.

Fan of the Sooners since I was young.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He really does have short arms as someone else said.

For now I'm not calling him invisible anymore. In fact my new nickname for him is "steve-o" because that's who he looks like with the short hair.
That will keep the holding calls down.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Family remained Cardinals fans after the team moved. Switched over to the Rams when they came to town. I became a fan again when Plummer took over.

Fan of the Sooners since I was young.
Damn, about an 8 yr stint as a Rams fan huh lol? Cardinals left St.Louis in 1988, yr after I graduated high school. It was tough because the drive for me to St.Louis from here in Louisville is only about 4 hrs. Took me a good bit to feel comfortable calling them the Phoenix Cardinals, soon as I did, they switched it to the Arizona Cardinals lol. Funny, my first game back to St.Louis was to watch Jake Plummer beat the Rams in 1998. I wore my Roy Green #81 jersey with the Arizona State patch on the sleeve. Fans made comments about the Cardinals being traitors, said I needed to get a jersey of a Cardinals player that never played in St.Louis, all kinds of crazy comments. One fan kept running his mouth so bad to me, I had to put him in his place, didn't say much to me after that lol. I was surprised how many Cardinals fans that were there, talked to a lot of them, most of them stayed loyal even after they left town.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
DK Metcalf on the board and we take three guys who barely see the field. Absolutely cannot let Keim handle another draft.

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
DK Metcalf on the board and we take three guys who barely see the field. Absolutely cannot let Keim handle another draft.

Yeah, I am thrilled for Andy and him not going out of bounds after that catch was rather impressive. That being said, with what D.K. Metcalf is doing thus far, KK has to get Andy more involved. It sure seemed like that was KK's pick more than Keim.