Patrick Peterson got smoked!

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dang, never thought I'd see the day PP was smoked like that. He was used abused and put to bed wet.
He was the one person I never worried about, but now he's off the juice you gotta wonder how much that stuff was affecting his play....and now that it's out of his system is that the reason...IDK

He was fumbling over himself, couldn't cut, playing way off his man when it was man to man, smoked on in cuts, smoked on out cuts and flat out beat in every facet of corner play

He gets a pass, but dang for a guy teams were offering a 1st and more for 2 days ago....you couldn't get a 1st for now.

Hope he can return to what he was

I honestly thought once he got caught using PED's and a masking agent it was time to move on from him. There's one and only one reason any player starts using PED's and it's because their skill and speed are in decline and they know it. There is no other reason he had PED's and a masking agent

A few more games like the one he had Thursday and Keim will have wished he'd taken a deal.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Who says we cannot trade P2 right before the draft next year albeit at lower value?

Alternatively, he might be a phenomenal FS and lock down that position for a few more years at a lower cost before calling it quits.

P2 knows deep down that he ain’t what he once was athletically, which is why PEDs. If he’s being honest, the move to Safety could be a blessing in disguise.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
He appeared to be checked out mentally and his lack of effort on National TV confirmed that for me.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Charles Woodson calling him out might get his attention. Great players tend to listen to other great players opinions more than they listen to the media.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Begs rhe question -

If you sit a guy for half a season, will he stay in Adrian Peterson condition? Or will he become one more name on the trade wire?

As of now, PP21 ain't no AP.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Charles Woodson calling him out might get his attention. Great players tend to listen to other great players opinions more than they listen to the media.
I hadn’t seen that. Good. I agree it might get his attention. Wouldn’t mind upgrading cb and trying him at FS.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who says we cannot trade P2 right before the draft next year albeit at lower value?

Alternatively, he might be a phenomenal FS and lock down that position for a few more years at a lower cost before calling it quits.

P2 knows deep down that he ain’t what he once was athletically, which is why PEDs. If he’s being honest, the move to Safety could be a blessing in disguise.

Did you see him whiff on tackles all night? That's note athleticism, that's want-to. He's plenty athletic.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He can’t tackle...

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"Big Puss" has always been afraid to tackle. I don't see how he could be an effective safety. He literally takes himself out of plays to avoid having to tackle a RB.

PP has gotten through his whole career on athleticism. He could always run faster than receivers and change direction just as quickly as they could, which is how he stayed on top of them. At 29 he is not the best athlete on the field anymore. He will need to learn how to play smart or he will continue to fail.

Look at Richard Sherman, who is not close to the athlete the PP is. He sat on several of Kirk's routes and knocked the ball away last night. How? He's smarter than PP. He always has been. He studies the opposing offense. He knows what routes they run and in which situations they run them. He has done that to us his whole career. Aging and loss of quickness have much less impact on his game than PP's for that reason.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

Because his trade value will be 1/2 of what it was two weeks ago.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone really not a pp supporter? I mean, we've all been fans of his. He's being beat like a drum today just like last night. Don't think there is much to say that hasn't been said. Do you just want to tell someone they are wrong about something?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"Big Puss" has always been afraid to tackle. I don't see how he could be an effective safety. He literally takes himself out of plays to avoid having to tackle a RB.

PP has gotten through his whole career on athleticism. He could always run faster than receivers and change direction just as quickly as they could, which is how he stayed on top of them. At 29 he is not the best athlete on the field anymore. He will need to learn how to play smart or he will continue to fail.

Look at Richard Sherman, who is not close to the athlete the PP is. He sat on several of Kirk's routes and knocked the ball away last night. How? He's smarter than PP. He always has been. He studies the opposing offense. He knows what routes they run and in which situations they run them. He has done that to us his whole career. Aging and loss of quickness have much less impact on his game than PP's for that reason.

Sherman vs PP was night and day last night. You're 100 on that.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm gonna still love the dude. As horrible as he was last night. He's STILL our best corner. He's given some prime play to this team, and I'll support the dude to the end. Yes I'm livid at his shammockery last night, but I'm not about to turn on one of the mainstays of this organization. I don't operate like that.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

Safety has to be a willing and solid tackler. That’s not P2

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There's a difference between ABILITY and WILLINGNESS

We know that P2 has all the ability in the world (minus PEDs) to perform at a high level

What was frustrating about last night was his willingness to exert any semblance of a sustained effort. Dude was jogging around like he didn't give an EFF. That's what is most frustrating to fans. This will also bleed into the locker room since he is seen as a "leader" on the D. Just piss poor showmanship on the national stage from him. Very infuriating.