Isabella debut

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was a nice play and an AMAZING throw by murray but I did notice how he caught it and I imagine that is a big part of his issue cracking the lineup.

Body catches are going to be okay if he is running a streak and murray can put it past him. a lot of Murrays deep balls this year are short and the WR has to come back to it and you cannot body catch when that happens.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice to see him actually do something. Now he needs to do it on a consistent basis.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
it was a nice play and an AMAZING throw by murray but I did notice how he caught it and I imagine that is a big part of his issue cracking the lineup.

Body catches are going to be okay if he is running a streak and murray can put it past him. a lot of Murrays deep balls this year are short and the WR has to come back to it and you cannot body catch when that happens.

I have to say...... He had one of these types of scenarios happen in the preseason and took that pony to the house as well.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hope he gets more reps

Hoping he turns into our mini tyreek hill

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I was thinking that he never really hit full speed that entire play. Never really got in stride, but maybe I'm not looking at it correctly.
I thought he looked slow also. haha

Hope we get his MPH's at some point to confirm.

Kirk had to come back and block a guy who would have caught him IMO

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hope he gets more reps

Hoping he turns into our mini tyreek hill
He doesn't have the "twitch" or "shimmy" at this point to become a Tyreek Hill level player.

Crosses and deep routes will be his bread and butter, but they could be the most awesome crosses and deep routes ever. haha

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Great play. I loved it. But, people on here still finding fault. SMH

Don't get me wrong gimpy, I loved the play, and am hoping with all my might that Izzy breaks out.

I was just making the observation that he took it to the house, but might not have even being going full speed, which makes the play even more amazing.

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He doesn't have the "twitch" or "shimmy" at this point to become a Tyreek Hill level player.

Crosses and deep routes will be his bread and butter, but they could be the most awesome crosses and deep routes ever. haha

or at least since Jetstream Green.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Most guys momentum carries them out of bounds. He didn’t hesitate and cut up field and housed it.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I posted it weeks ago that it made no sense they weren't using him

and just in his limited play he's been downright amazing

what KK has against him I don't know, but it's ridiculous to have him off the field ...no I'll say it's just dumb that they don't play him more.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I posted it weeks ago that it made no sense they weren't using him

and just in his limited play he's been downright amazing

what KK has against him I don't know, but it's ridiculous to have him off the field ...no I'll say it's just dumb that they don't play him more.

I am wondering if Kyler is not comfortable with Isabella. I have seen a couple of times were Isabella been wide open and Kyler throw to another receiver. I think of the Maxx TD against Atlanta and one to Edmond. Hoping it is too many new pieces and they are learning each other. If this core of rookies can develop, man oh man, it could be something special.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am wondering if Kyler is not comfortable with Isabella. I have seen a couple of times were Isabella been wide open and Kyler throw to another receiver. I think of the Maxx TD against Atlanta and one to Edmond. Hoping it is too many new pieces and they are learning each other. If this core of rookies can develop, man oh man, it could be something special.

Isabella is a body catcher, those type of wrs are prone to a lot of drops and near misses

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Isabella is a body catcher, those type of wrs are prone to a lot of drops and near misses
And short QB's get their passes batted down at a higher rate.

NFL Leaders in Drops this year:
Edelman #1
Kelce #4 (t)
K. Allen #4 (t)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All together now -

We told you so-o-o

Ladies in the cheap seats -

We told you so - o-

etc.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I was thinking that he never really hit full speed that entire play. Never really got in stride, but maybe I'm not looking at it correctly.

I thought he looked slow also. haha

Hope we get his MPH's at some point to confirm.

Kirk had to come back and block a guy who would have caught him IMO

He cracked 19.25 MPH on that play.

For example, Kyler broke 19.5 on a run yesterday. Kyler also cracked 20 vs. the Falcons.

Its weird cause if Tart doesn't take a bad angle he gets caught.

Maybe I was expecting him to hit 21 MPH with his speed (especially since he didn't play all game), but maybe he's just not use to running/got excited so didn't hit his full speed.

I've wondered why we don't throw him many screens but I think its cause of his running style. Not very sudden and a body catcher is bad combo for short routes.

Hope we take more deep shots to him though.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He had ONE catch...ONE...

A really good one, but still, just one.

How guys like Isabella get such a cult following always amazes/amuses me.

Gush on Izzyites :)

EDIT: Not being snarky, just having some fun. I hope last night was the start of something big for the diminutive one. But, it was his only catch this season so who knows?

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
How guys like Isabella get such a cult following always amazes/amuses me.

not a cult member, but...

he gives the Cards an element they dont have: all of the Cards other WRs catch that ball and go out of bounds for a 20 yard gain.

Heck - i think Sherman and Tart just assumed he was headed out of bounds and he left them both grasping