10-11 for 188 yards 2 Tds 158.3 passer rating 2nd half. Defense denied great comeback?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
158.3 = perfect in terms of passer rating.

Jared Goff threw for less than 100 yards an entire game against the 49ers.

Not passer rating, but here are the Raw QBR (performance level) Total QBR (factoring in level of comp) #s for QBs who faced the 49ers.

Kyler Allen 4.7/17.2
Case Keenum 25.9/(not active before less than 20 action plays)
Jared Goff 1.1/3.3
Baker Mayfield 1.4/5.4
Mason Rudolph 7.7/26
Andy Dalton 11.2/28.6
Jameis Winston 8.6/23.5

Didn't feel it right after the game, but I really think we could have won it if we got another drive.

I don't think thats all Kyler either. Kliff figured out that 49ers defense in the 2nd half. The shame is he sort went against what was working on the drive we settled for a FG. An odd QB sweep, then a Pharoh Cooper run. Still...that was against a defense competely destroying QBs/offenses.

Kyler/Kliff really got it rollin in the 2nd half. I think they might have put together another drive at least to force it to over time.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not passer rating, but here are the Total QBR #s for QBs who faced the 49ers.

Kyler Allen 4.7/17.2
Jared Goff 1.1/3.3
Baker Mayfield 1.4/5.4
Mason Rudolph 7.7/26
Andy Dalton 11.2/28.6
Jameis Winston 8.6/23.5

Didn't feel it right after the game, but I really think we could have won it if we got another drive.

I don't think thats all Kyler either. Kliff figured out that 49ers defense in the 2nd half. The shame is he sort went against what was working on the drive we settled for a FG. An odd QB sweep, then a Pharoh Cooper run. Still...that was against a defense competely destroying QBs/offenses.

Kyler/Kliff really got it rollin in the 2nd half. I think they might have put together another drive at least to force it to over time.
Sorry for my ignorance
I don't get those numbers

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance
I don't get those numbers
QBR is another form of judging QB play.

The first # is Raw QBR. Meaning overall level of performance. The second number is Total QBR which factors in level of defense.

For instance Kyler posted a 34.9 Raw QBR (not very good). But a 63 Total QBR (factoring in defense which is pretty good)

Just in terms of throwing the football/called pass plays we did about as well as anyone could have hoped going into the game.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just focusing on the second half (and not the horrible TO to end the first), settling for a FG the drive before the Isabella TD is what really cost us the game.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Not passer rating, but here are the Raw QBR (performance level) Total QBR (factoring in level of comp) #s for QBs who faced the 49ers.

Kyler Allen 4.7/17.2
Jared Goff 1.1/3.3
Baker Mayfield 1.4/5.4
Mason Rudolph 7.7/26
Andy Dalton 11.2/28.6
Jameis Winston 8.6/23.5

That's the one really cool thing about the new offense.

I'm confident that, in any end-of-the-game, four down situation, K1 & K2 can at least get us into field goal range (sans any penalties).

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just focusing on the second half (and not the horrible TO to end the first), settling for a FG the drive before the Isabella TD is what really cost us the game.
Disagree. If the defense could have gotten us the ball back, we had a chance to win. Getting zero points would have crushed the team. If it would have been 4th and 5 or less, I would agree with you.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That FG put us in a position to win or tie, if we could have stopped them. JMO, the FG was the correct call.
Had no issues with the decision to kick. Just what forced us to kick.

Drake was gashing them. Passing game working. Didn't undertand the QB sweep and the Pharoh Cooper run.

Edit: I see you were replying to me, sorry.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That FG put us in a position to win or tie, if we could have stopped them. JMO, the FG was the correct call.

At some point we need to get TD's instead of FG's if we want to win games. Need better play calling in the red zone, IMHO.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree. If the defense could have gotten us the ball back, we had a chance to win. Getting zero points would have crushed the team. If it would have been 4th and 5 or less, I would agree with you.

I am not talking about going for it on 4th - I am talking about lousy play calling in the red zone requiring us to settle for a FG rather than getting a TD. Two different things.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Settling for a FG was lame. Think about it. If we didn’t score an improbable 88 yard :35 second td the FG wouldn’t have mattered.

The concern here is that KK makes gutsy calls at times when you would think he shouldn’t and gets timid in times when you would think he should be aggressive.

Example. Going for a 4th down at your own 30 (or whatever) in the saints game. Settling for the tie in the lions game and then last night. All in all I think he will be fine, but there is definitely a concern about his decisions.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great gm by Murray and ugh i bench him in fantasy but dude put up 8 pts two straight weeks... feel sick my luck in fantasy this yr...

Lol off topic who would u guys start wentz vs Chicago or daronld vs Miami pick him up in fa

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Settling for a FG was lame. Think about it. If we didn’t score an improbable 88 yard :35 second td the FG wouldn’t have mattered.

The concern here is that KK makes gutsy calls at times when you would think he shouldn’t and gets timid in times when you would think he should be aggressive.

Example. Going for a 4th down at your own 30 (or whatever) in the saints game. Settling for the tie in the lions game and then last night. All in all I think he will be fine, but there is definitely a concern about his decisions.

If you're saying K2s play calling is hot and cold, I agree.

Watching the Cardinals offense this year is kind of like watching a 14-year-old driving a souped-up V8 muscle car (with a standard). Fits and starts.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Agreed

Had no issues with the decision to kick. Just what forced us to kick.

Drake was gashing them. Passing game working. Didn't understand the QB sweep and the Pharoh Cooper run.

Edit: I see you were replying to me, sorry.

And the Niners defense got pulled in to the deep water and they folded.

OUR inability to stop them on 3rd and long in multiple situations killed us.

The TO at the end of half hurt.
We HAD to kick the FG at that point. It was 3rd and 9ish if I remember right.

We have to assume that the defense can make a stop on 3rd and 6 or more at least once when it happens 3 times on the same drive. They couldn't..... and we lost.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That is what is so frustrating. We could have won 2 more games. The halftime play was so dumb ...i hadnt been that mad in a long time. Obviously the next day. the game was well played by our part and its a win in the Moral victory department. Shanahan knew we would tie or win if we got the ball because very few teams throw the ball with a 3rd down and the other team with no timeouts and they have a top 3 defense. reverse the roles and everyone would have screamed run the ball. let the clock tick to 116 and punt. they threw the ball on 3rd and 9! an incomplete pass and we win that game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson