Cardinals Trade for RB Kenyan Drake

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Drake, I believe, played last Sunday, though I'm not certain. He played behind a patchwork OL where two guys were new to their positions. What he did have going for him, probably, was that SF game planned for a mostly passing game, since Arizona was going with three 'new' (for the most part) RB's. Kudos to Drake and the OL.
He didn't play last sunday

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yards from scrimmage with the run game... what a concept!

K9's future of football has arrived!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
don’t disagree that Miami has no idea how to use him. But I need a bigger sample size than one game before I start singing his praises. Follow this up with a few more outstanding performances and I’ll be ecstatic
One cut, physical runner with speed. Decent catching the ball out of the air. Huge college talent at a premier school. I get what you are saying, but his situation is unique. Very similar to Alvin Kamara (though Kamara's was more self inflicted). For those who have been advocating for this move, this is not a surprise. Miami has been inept.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On Doug and Wolf, Keim said that he and AW had been discussing Drake for free agency next year before the opportunity to trade for him presented itself.

It sounds like there's a good chance Drake is more than just a rental. It also gives us a little insight on how they feel about DJ.

Last edited:

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On Doug and Wolf, Keim said that he and AW had been discussing Drake for free agency next year before the opportunity to trade for him presented itself.

It sounds like there's a good chance Drake is more than just a rental. It also give us a little insight on how they feel about DJ.
Just heard that as well

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sign him to an extension now! Edmonds drake duo could be deadly

Than get run blockers in fa or draft and good things could happen

Lets also see how he does vs bucs

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to be impressed with how quickly Drake picked up the offense. If he keeps having success over the next couple of games then I think the Cards should look at extending him to keep him around for a few more years.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
It always seems to happen doesn't. Don't hear some news/ideas about a topic other then here, then I start hearing them talking about said subject on the radio? Coincidence?? ;)

We all know they scour this board for topics to discuss, lol. Bickley has even quoted some posts from here verbatim.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are forced to keep DJ next year with his cap situation. Assuming Drake performs like this for the remainder of the season then you keep him and it gives us 3 solid rb’s which you need in today’s NFL. No more bell cow backs anymore.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Can you guys see the 3 RB sets with all of them coming out of the backfield? Didn't Green Bay call it "Bone"?

23 personnel on the goal line. haha

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you guys see the 3 RB sets with all of them coming out of the backfield? Didn't Green Bay call it "Bone"?

love it. Even two RB sets at all times and rotate out running backs.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Gonna bring in Tom Osborne to coach?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Heck.

Clay, Maxx, DJ, & Drake could motion to 4-wide with Chase in the backfield. That could be devastating in short yardage situations.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Kenyan Drake saved Keim’s job. No, one wonders what Keim will do with David Johnson. Hopefully DJ31 listens to his wife and retires

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave