The Rotting Corpse of Terrell Suggs

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Keim made a lot of dumb moves over this offseason, but probably one of the most boneheaded moves was paying $7 mil to Terrell Suggs for one year. He’s like 1/5 of the pass rusher he was in Baltimore and hardly puts in any effort Can’t remember seeing a single player offsides almost every game.

Then I read this. Not sure if Scott is just blowing smoke up our asses but this is a bad look

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In all honesty.. that's yet another nail in the coffin of keims tenure here. Just another tally to the soc schtick. If MBs head isn't too far up his behind he will notice these little things.

We've been through this stuff too long to just settle.. fans like us are the gm, the owner, the driver's of this bus... It's time to not settle for anything less than excellence. Let's put the peddle to the metal and push this franchise to move away from being in the scrap heap of NFL teams...

....... A little hyperbole, but nonetheless, my overall feelings about this damn team. Lol.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Man you guys turn fast. Everyone loved the “tsizzle “ signing....back in az..blah blah blah...I knew he’d turn out just as it has- nothing. Some are too obsessed with just name recognition and not the play of the player. Kind of like saying the defense would get better when pp got back. The dude is toast but it’s about name recognition around here.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
Gambo made a good point. Why would Suggs want to steal from another team when Ravens were going to give him the same amount to retire with them.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo made a good point. Why would Suggs want to steal from another team when Ravens were going to give him the same amount to retire with them.

Because he played his whole career there and respected the org. He might not respect the Cards he just wanted one last payday.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He will sign a one day contact so he can retire a Raven. I don't know that I'm buying What Bart Scott is selling.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Man you guys turn fast. Everyone loved the “tsizzle “ signing....back in az..blah blah blah...I knew he’d turn out just as it has- nothing. Some are too obsessed with just name recognition and not the play of the player. Kind of like saying the defense would get better when pp got back. The dude is toast but it’s about name recognition around here.
I do not think "everyone" liked the signing.

I believe many said "too little too late"

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hahaha so tru but nothing beats the emmit smith signing....

Remember the gm in dalls neg yds rushing 1 fum lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm talking about what they were hoping to get out of Suggs. Not how or when they signed him.

I don't think that's true, and you're not doing a good job marshalling evidence otherwise.

Freeney had 8 sacks in 24% of the defensive snaps the year he was here. Suggs is playing 70% of the snaps.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's true, and you're not doing a good job marshalling evidence otherwise.

Freeney had 8 sacks in 24% of the defensive snaps the year he was here. Suggs is playing 70% of the snaps.

So you think Suggs was signed as a publicity stunt to try and sell season tickets. Cool.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm talking about what they were hoping to get out of Suggs. Not how or when they signed him.
Suggs had 12 sacks over his previous 25 games when we signed him. Are you saying they intended to pay him 7 mil to get 6 sacks? If so, I would argue that it was a terrible contract for a pass rusher.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So you think Suggs was signed as a publicity stunt to try and sell season tickets. Cool.
It is tough to see it is anything but. He is 37. Coming off an injury. Decreased productivity over the past two years. Still a name. Local guy. Zero ties to the DC.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Maybe not sell tickets, but as a public relations stunt. ASU/Hamilton product, making up for one of the biggest “should haves” in team history , and simply another has-been signed by Keim to squeeze out whatever juice is left in that orangw

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yup and this franchise had to scramble for goodwill on the heals of last years debacle.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suggs had 12 sacks over his previous 25 games when we signed him. Are you saying they intended to pay him 7 mil to get 6 sacks? If so, I would argue that it was a terrible contract for a pass rusher.

I'm not arguing that it wasn't a terrible contract. I just don't agree that he was brought in as a PR stunt.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Keim's vision is never more than one year down the line. That has been more of a liability than an asset even with the 2-3 Keim time signings.