I Love Where This Team Is Headed

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't expect to see too many more wins this year, but I'm excited about this team. Especially when the offense gets into a rhythm. They are just fun to watch. I have to say that Kenyan Drake exceeded my expectations. Thank you SK. Also, our no-name DL plays hard, so kudos to them. W/o a doubt we need help:
OT
OLB
ILB
S
I would have included WR, but I hope that DJ can be switched to that position and we use Drake and Edmonds at RB.

P.S. I'm back on the OT in the first round bandwagon.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This team is like Jekyll and Hyde. The lows are real low and that’s on offense defense and coaching. The highs look spectacular but it’s never for more than a quarter or 2. This offense has yet to put a full game together. This coaching staff looked high school level last night. Kliff looks overwhelmed and out of his element and VJ looks hopeless. There is years of work to be done to get competitive and I don’t know if it will be with this coaching regime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the offseason will be an interesting test, what do other NFL players think of Kyler murray? Do they think yeah I want to play with that guy or do they think yeah too small etc? Because we're not going to turn it around in one draft we're going to have to sign some guys too and that's where having a QB people around the league think is going to be really good can help you.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if the team doesn`t win a couple more games but stays competitive and shows progress I think SK gets another year.

He stays regardless of outcome of the rest of the season. The only way he gets fired is if he gets behind the wheel again drunk and kills someone...and maybe even then the former federal prosecutor will stick with him.

Reaction score
We need a stud on the DL and improve the LBers. I expect PP to get back to norm and Murphy to grow.
I pains me to say so but, Pat Peterson is never going to get back to the player he once was. He can still be better than average, but if you expect best cover corner in the NFL play from him, you will be disappointed!

That said, his strength is still man coverage, and VJ keeps wanting to play zone coverage. That's not going to work.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I pains me to say so but, Pat Peterson is never going to get back to the player he once was. He can still be better than average, but if you expect best cover corner in the NFL play from him, you will be disappointed!

That said, his strength is still man coverage, and VJ keeps wanting to play zone coverage. That's not going to work.
Peterson's path moving forward is developing as a zone CB, FS, or playing man vs a team's #2 WR.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I think its too early to know that. 3rd game back with 2 of those games against top 5 offenses and all 3 games were within 15 days.... If you thought he would dominate that 3 game slate then idk what to tell you.....

lets see how he plays this 2nd half the season before we cast him off

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Or perhaps getting traded leading up to the draft.

Murphy makes trading PP21 a bit more palatable.

I love PP21, but finding a corner who is 75% as good in coverage, but 50% stopping the run might actually be a good thing if the team walks away with at least a 1st rounder.

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
Trade Peterson and replace him with a rookie. You won’t get peak Patrick Peterson in return. But Will save some money that can be spent elsewhere, and a new player will be hungry for a contract. They will play hard.

Peterson wants big bucks, to play a position in the style he can’t anymore, and hates being here.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Let's see if PP21 shows up against TB.

East coast, early bird roadie would be another great spot for him to mail it in if that's where his head is really at.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would help if we had a pass rush.

Amen!!! If we can build a strong front 7, we can still be very good without a PP21 (in his prime) type. In the NFL, you need one or the other. Personally, I'd prefer the team that can get to the QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

East coast, early bird roadie would be another great spot for him to mail it in if that's where his head is really at.

Even if his head is in it, it'll be a difficult task against that WR group. I'm sure that BA knows exactly how to lure PP into mistakes. Let's not kid ourselves, unlike a guy like Sherman of the Niners, PP21 isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the shed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

It will be really interesting as I think he feels close to Arians and Bowles. If they target him as a liability, it may be another slap to the face.

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have zero confidence in Keim based upon his history as a GM.

I am willing to give Vance Joseph another year even though I don't care for him as a DC. Obviously if a top candidate emerges, I would be willing pull the trigger.
His history of a winning record, multiple playoff wins and being named front office executive of the year? We just drafted the best rookie quarterback this league has seen in a looooooong time and the team is far improved over the debacle caused by ownership last year. Things are obviously headed in the right direction.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His history of a winning record, multiple playoff wins and being named front office executive of the year? We just drafted the best rookie quarterback this league has seen in a looooooong time and the team is far improved over the debacle caused by ownership last year. Things are obviously headed in the right direction.

Multiple playoff wins?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
How many playoff games did we win? One.

How many times did we go to the playoffs? Two.

Who was responsible for the debacle last year? Keim.

You don't get credit for cleaning up the mess you made.

You don't get bonus credit for hitting on third round picks while whiffing on 1st rounders.

You don't get credit for trading for Carson Palmer and then failing to acquire the linemen to keep him healthy.

You don't get credit for nailing the #1 pick in the draft.

I can stomach participation trophies for kids, but I am completely out on them being given to professionals getting paid millions of dollars to do a job.