We Lost.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Doh.

After nine games, I am very impressed with Kyler Murray.

This team is better than last years. Thank goodness for that

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think we all expected HUGE growing pains with the team this year so I'm very happy with the results so far. Losing to the 9ers sucks but I was expecting them to blow us out so a 3 point loss is ALMOST like a Tie.

KM has shown enough that I feel our QB position is set. Great to see Isabella show up and Drake is a great addition. We need to add to the trenches and get a stud Lber.

What's up with PP? Is it because he is off the PED's or just some rust from not playing much yet? If he was playing to his " ability" we could have won this game.

If we had a stud ILB then he and Hicks would be a dominant duo. Hicks is very good but isn't elite, team him up with a stud and our Lber crew is awesome.

In FA and the Draft go after trench players, maybe add a WR but not at the expense of trench players.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Doh.

After nine games, I am very impressed with Kyler Murray.

This team is better than last years. Thank goodness for that

What impressed you about Murray in this game? He had 116 yards passing until Isabella TD. Didn’t show much as a run threat, overthrew a key third down. Not saying he was awful or even bad but less than impressive

AZCats

Veteran
Reaction score
Kingsbury is the weak link. Murray will be ok for a few years but that is it. As with all QBs of his style the shelf life is very short. He will not bring long term success to this team.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What impressed you about Murray in this game? He had 116 yards passing until Isabella TD. Didn’t show much as a run threat, overthrew a key third down. Not saying he was awful or even bad but less than impressive
lmao wot

“Outside of all those run yards & screen plays, Kenyan Drake wasn’t impressive”

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
"After NINE games......."

I think you missed that first part. [emoji16]

Very impressed with this young man's ability. Great arm, good accuracy, extremely athletic, mentally tough, good leader, and competes till the very end.

I would be very surprised if his success does not continue.

He has room to improve too. He has to learn to not take sacks like he does, and improve his foot work.

He is doing what you need your QB to do in this league, and make your team better than it is.

This roster is HORRID and he gives them a chance to compete.

What else do people want?

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Kingsbury is the weak link. Murray will be ok for a few years but that is it. As with all QBs of his style the shelf life is very short. He will not bring long term success to this team.
????

Pretty impressed with his play from the pocket. He also has a good grip on the short passing game.

The shelf life on those QB's is about 40yrs old these days.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had 152 yards before that pass, against the best defense in the league

Math is not an opinion

Played two of the best defense in a row
No takeaways from him

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

over the last 4 games the 49ers defense allowed a TOTAL of 276 passing yards and forced 5 interceptions.

Kyler threw for 241 yards, two touchdowns, and no interceptions.

Brighteyes

Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Good Lord last year's team would have lost last night's game 45-3. We are much improved and KM is the biggest reason.
I agree!

I didn't like drafting him, or hiring Kingsbury. I was wrong on both. KM impresses every week, and KK is smart. Yes, he makes mistakes - but never twice. He listens and learns.

We lost the last 2 games to 2 of the 4 top teams in the NFL. That's a shame - but not the end of the world.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The pass to Isabella was a beautiful strike with a great run. It's what KM was doing last year at Oklahoma with Hollwood Brown.
Nice to attend games this year, fun to watch them.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm sorry Murray wasn't 24 for 24 for 400 yards and 6 touchdowns and that he didn't run 10 times for 200 yards and the touchdowns. Smh

I'm sorry KK hasn't gotten us to 9 and 0.
I'm sorry SK hasn't won us four Super Bowls.

Man, the expectations around here. :bang:

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sometimes I think some of u expected Tom Brady Kind of performances

Still a rookie

After 9 games just 4 turnovers and 89 rating

If the defense could be decent we could have a winning record
Who has started only 27 games since he was a senior in HS.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

He is and isn't at the time. Sometimes he is rolling with the play calling and other times he is having brain farts or trying to get cute. Sometimes he looks pretty smart and other times like he has no business being a HC. I guess some of this is to be expected with on the job training so hopefully he only gets better with time.

The one thing I will give him credit for is recognizing the air raid doesn't work at the NFL level and started emulating other NFL offenses more. I wouldn't even call this a pro raid offense at this point. It seems like old habits die hard though and that is when I think he looks questionable.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
What drives me crazy about statements like these are the people on the opposite side of the aisle were saying the EXACT same thing in week 2 when Kirk dropped that long bomb that Kyler dropped on a dime to him. When those opposite people said: "If Kirk caught it Kyler would have had 250 and huge y/pa" they got immediately roasted for saying it. And told that it was an incompletion and doesn't count.

Well, now it does count...... and we are going to talk about it!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just because big plays don’t fit your agenda, It doesn’t mean the big plays didn’t happen.

sorry for piling on.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Right. One big play for 88 yards gives you the same impact as kyler going 6/7 for 88 yards and touchdown. They count the same on the scoreboard. And what you give up in time of possession you make up for in huge momentum and in a game like last night the hope that you have enough time to climb back into the game (if the defense didn’t suck so much).

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The last 4 teams to play the 49ers scored a grand total of 23 points combined.

Murray led the Cardinals to 25 points and no turnovers against the top rated Defense in the NFC. That is a solid effort from the rookie. Was it perfect no, but he had his team in a position to win at the end of the game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA