Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

·
2m

Sources: Sixers and Brand are communicating to the NBA that they believe KAT was the aggressor in the scuffle with Joel Embiid. Also, they've "doubled-down" on referee assessment that Simmons was peacemaker --- and delivered that message to league office too.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I know it’s early but the West is wide open. Outside of the Lakers, Clippers, Rockets and Nuggets it’s a free for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure the Rockets (and maybe even the Lakers) should be included in that "elite" category in the West. The Lakers have had some big wins against cupcakes.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Sources: Sixers and Brand are communicating to the NBA that they believe KAT was the aggressor in the scuffle with Joel Embiid. Also, they've "doubled-down" on referee assessment that Simmons was peacemaker --- and delivered that message to league office too.

Fake news.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree 100%. Both those sixers should be missing at least 5 games imo.

Hell I'd give Embiid 5 games for the eye gouge alone and he did a lot more than that. And Simmons? If I were Towns, I'd call the Philly cops. And if the NBA lets it stand as "Simmons was a peacemaker", I'd file a lawsuit against the league for failing to provide a safe workplace. And lastly, I'd fire the refs in this game. Allowing Embiid to use his elbows like a weapon multiple times PRIOR to the scuffle is what caused this in the first place.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honeslty don't think Bagley is anything special. Looking at their roster last year from this year, the loss of Cauley Stien in free agency is probably hurting them more.

And of course, they brought in Ariza as a veteran mentor... we all know how well that works out.

I think Bagley is a very good player for the Kings, he is not a star yet but he is only 20. He makes their front court much more dynamic. Against the Hornets the Kings started Bjelica, Holmes and Barnes in their frontcourt. Those players are not going to win a lot of games.

However, the point I was trying to make is that losing Bagley was a blow to their team much like losing Ayton is for the Suns. The Suns have recovered from their loss under Monty while the Kings haven't. This speaks to Monty's philosophy of coaching which is impacting the Suns players.

I'm so thankful the Kings have Ariza and not the Suns. That was a lesson learned.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have lost the 3rd quarter by double digits in all 5 games. They look like a poorly coached team that just has no focus after halftime.

Without Bagley the Kings frontcourt is not that good. I'm sure coaching plays a role as well. I've only watched them play against the Suns so I'm not prepared to blame it all on coaching. The Kings were probably thinking playoffs entering the season. We will see how that plays out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

·
2m

It sounds like a preemptive argument to counter the actions of Embiid.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know it’s early but the West is wide open. Outside of the Lakers, Clippers, Rockets and Nuggets it’s a free for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would add Utah, and take out the lakers.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm still not sold on Utah, they still have some to prove. Seems to me they under perform year after year, just when they believe they're about to get over the hump.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

·
2m

Simmons had Kat in a choke hold, how did he remain in the game???

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without Bagley the Kings frontcourt is not that good. I'm sure coaching plays a role as well. I've only watched them play against the Suns so I'm not prepared to blame it all on coaching. The Kings were probably thinking playoffs entering the season. We will see how that plays out.

I think the quote was posted here by someone about Ariza bashing the Kings for thinking playoffs, saying they hadn't earned anything yet. It sounded like another "Ariza is a dick" thing to pile on him but I think there was some merit to it. Of course you don't want your newly signed veteran leader to come in and say that to your team and the press, mainly the press. Ariza is killing his reputation and should end up struggling to find minimum deals in the future. I can't see how a team would want to pay him to come in and make things worse.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the quote was posted here by someone about Ariza bashing the Kings for thinking playoffs, saying they hadn't earned anything yet. It sounded like another "Ariza is a dick" thing to pile on him but I think there was some merit to it. Of course you don't want your newly signed veteran leader to come in and say that to your team and the press, mainly the press. Ariza is killing his reputation and should end up struggling to find minimum deals in the future. I can't see how a team would want to pay him to come in and make things worse.

The Kings may not be a playoff team but I do not put much weight on what Ariza says after his performance with the Suns. It seems the Kings did not learn from the Suns mistake.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Kings may not be a playoff team but I do not put much weight on what Ariza says after his performance with the Suns. It seems the Kings did not learn from the Suns mistake.

Nope, and they got him on the books for an extra year. He signed for 2 years $25 million so dumping him won't be as easy for them. I think other teams around the league will see what he's done also and steer clear considering the price tag. He sucked here, in Washington, and now Sacramento. Any team on the verge of the playoffs needs to stay away, same for teams with impressionable youth.

I've never started disliking a player so much this late in their career before. I feel bad for Kings fans. If you can find a Kings forum, they're pretty clueless about him. They all seemed to have high hopes for his impact this year.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope, and they got him on the books for an extra year. He signed for 2 years $25 million so dumping him won't be as easy for them. I think other teams around the league will see what he's done also and steer clear considering the price tag. He sucked here, in Washington, and now Sacramento. Any team on the verge of the playoffs needs to stay away, same for teams with impressionable youth.

I've never started disliking a player so much this late in their career before. I feel bad for Kings fans. If you can find a Kings forum, they're pretty clueless about him. They all seemed to have high hopes for his impact this year.

It never made sense to me this is how Igor wanted the Suns to spend all their free agent money. I've always wondered if someone prompted him to say that or he really felt that way.

Since Ariza and Igor are with the Kings maybe he really did feel that way. If true, that's another reason why he's gone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are the penalties for the fight between 76ers and Wolves players.

Shams Charania‏Verified account @ShamsCharania

NBA suspensions from 76ers/Timberwolves scuffle, per sources: Joel Embiid, 2 games; Karl-Anthony Towns, 2 games. No fine for Ben Simmons.

3:04 PM - 31 Oct 2019

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons seen as a peacemaker.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I got a laugh out of it as well. In real life choke holds are serious stuff.

They should ask the police about the consequences of improper technique.

Maybe players should get training in restraint if they are going to chase this thing around. :p

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMO, the suspension should have been longer for their off the court stuff.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got a laugh out of it as well. In real life choke holds are serious stuff.

They should ask the police about the consequences of improper technique.

Maybe players should get training in restraint if they are going to chase this thing around. :p
Well Simmons did get KAT to tap out.
No harm, no foul.:rolleyes:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson