Whisenhunt fired by Chargers

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I remember him back as a TE under Glanville’s run and shoot - he mostly blocked not much catching or shooting - he took us to a Super Bowl with Denny Green talent, and I thank him for being a Cardinal coach. But I do not like his methods or the way he treats players.

Hope him the best

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He got scapegoated. After a win no less! hahaha

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He got scapegoated. After a win no less! hahaha
Exactly.

Their offense was pretty good last year with essentially the same personnel. I think it may be more on Rivers but haven’t watched much charger football this year.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Exactly.

Their offense was pretty good last year with essentially the same personnel. I think it may be more on Rivers but haven’t watched much charger football this year.
Gordon's holdout killed them...and he hasn't come close to showing himself a starting RB since he's been back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Injuries on the OL & Gordon's holdout put too much of the onus an a quickly aging Rivers. When the Chargers can run the ball, they are significantly better.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
As soon as Whis was fired, the offense came alive and beat the Packers.

Coincidence? I feel badly for Whis - seems like the game has passed him by.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As soon as Whis was fired, the offense came alive and beat the Packers.

Coincidence? I feel badly for Whis - seems like the game has passed him by.
The system doesn't work anymore...

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Warners audibles and free reign allowed him to attack defenses, got the ball out in a microsecond and his the O line woes!

Exactly. If Whis didn't give him the reigns, it would have been a much different team.

OP
OP
THESMEL

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Whiz deserves credit. Tons of it. Do you think otherwise is literally asinine .
Agree but there is real reasons why he doesn’t coach here or there anymore, he was the running most play caller in the MFL when Steelers won the SB, ada[ted to the passing most play caller in the nfl while here, he never drafted or developed his own talent or team well - I still don’t like how he treated leinart or Beanie - just didn’t have to happen, created leinart bull shot to see how they would respond, players are still responding negatively - making beanie eat crap on camera 1/2 a season, lying about a knee injury at coaches command. But he just did not run enough to keep Kurt upright , defense rested - just like our losses now

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Whiz deserves credit. Tons of it. To think otherwise is literally asinine .

The architects of that team were KW and Todd Haley; he deserves SOME credit, not tons. To think otherwise is literally asinine.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The architects of that team were KW and Todd Haley; he deserves SOME credit, not tons. To think otherwise is literally asinine.
Whose offense was Haley and Warner running? Do tell? Who chose Warner over Leinart? Who hired Todd Haley? And who as a HC and former OC I’m sure had a huge hand in each and every game plan week to week? Betting he had the most say in the construction of the roster. All in game decisions that HCs make as well. Ya pretty much all of you are so off base it’s hilarious and laughable.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually, it was Matt Lienart that is responsible for that run. Haley and whiz were his puppets.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Whose offense was Haley and Warner running? Do tell? Who chose Warner over Leinart? Who hired Todd Haley? And who as a HC and former OC I’m sure had a huge hand in each and every game plan week to week? Betting he had the most say in the construction of the roster. All in game decisions that HCs make as well. Ya pretty much all of you are so off base it’s hilarious and laughable.

It's been well documented via KW interviews that he and Todd Haley basically ad-libbed most of the offense. Had it been left to Whis - well, his coaching career speaks for itself.

You are so off base - you're hilarious! and laughable :)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's been well documented via KW interviews that he and Todd Haley basically ad-libbed most of the offense. Had it been left to Whis - well, his coaching career speaks for itself.

You are so off base - you're hilarious! and laughable :)

selective memory... they ad libbed and were quoted saying as such. But you never heard them say “most of the offense” was ad libbed.

:biglaugh: