Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
72 degrees at kickoff. Open the roof !!

You must be registered for see images attach

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Low of 46 it’s going to be absolutely freezing for us thin blooded desert dwellers by halftime. Not a fan of this move tbh.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Low of 46 it’s going to be absolutely freezing for us thin blooded desert dwellers by halftime. Not a fan of this move tbh.

Meh. Layer up. It's football weather.

Only reason we have a roof was supposed to be for the early season games with extreme heat. It was to be open for all other games when the temperature is below 75 degrees at kickoff.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Meh. Layer up. It's football weather.

Only reason we have a roof was supposed to be for the early season games with extreme heat. It was to be open for all other games when the temperature is below 75 degrees at kickoff.
Above 75 is considered desert heat? Sheesh.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Above 75 is considered desert heat? Sheesh.

I agree. It should be open with a much more relaxed threshold than that. Put up a building with AC and suddenly fans become pansies at a country club rather than people there to see a football game. It's something I definitely miss from the SDS days. Nothing like an outdoor stadium, IMHO. I like many things about our new place, but it has always felt a bit like a cold impersonal warehouse to me.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As far as I remember they have a rule that they can't open it till Nov. 1
The stadium will be less than half full

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With all the bodies in there, I would think it wont be. It shouldnt get below 65 until the game is over honestly. 60 minimum.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael explained the rules once. When the sun is setting there is a part of the stadium that is significantly warmer than the rest (like 10 degrees). If that area is projected to be over 90 degrees then they keep it closed. He doesn't consider being blinded and sweating to be a good fan experience.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I remember an open roof game vs the Vikings during our SB year. I was so freaking cold that all the sweatshirts were sold at the team shops. It didn’t help that we got massacred as well.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember an open roof game vs the Vikings during our SB year. I was so freaking cold that all the sweatshirts were sold at the team shops. It didn’t help that we got massacred as well.

We made Tarvaris Jackson look like an All-Pro QB that day. Best game of his career. SMH.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
It's getting down to 26 degrees in Norman Ok tonight a record low. I'd love to have Arizonas problems......